Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• I use a Bonjour/Zeroconf broadcast app called "Discovery" to track test devices in my network as the IPs change over time (due to DHCP) and when I clean install a new device I can see the SMB share appear in the list (so Samba is active) and then when I enable SSH and disable Samba in the first run wizard; Samba disappears from the list and SSH appears .. i.e. the respective services are being correctly stopped/started.

• chewitt Perfect without any problems! solved samba + ssh

is there any maneuver where I can test usb tuner?

Is it possible to build this version with media_build or crazycat?

I noticed that add ons tvheadend + PVR, and installed without problems.

• Any of these builds work on a Nexbox A95X or an F2 with S905X2? that's got an AP6255 if that means anything...

I've used balbes builds in the past but now I can't get anything working on either of them! :(

OR anyone recommend a new box for like cheap?

What's a rockchip RK3328 like? I saw one of them with 4gb for dirt cheap on ali.....I know I don't need 4gb it just sounds good :S

Or I might just have to repurpose my PI4???

• chewitt - Finally resolved my booting issues on my N2+. It seems that my Sandisk Ultra 8GB microSD card is not liked by my odroid hardware! I am now using a Samsung 16GB microSD card and your latest builds are booting ok. However, my multichannel FLAC files are not playing back properly. Everything is playing as 2.0 PCM, although the sampling rates seem to be ok. Is this expected (and worked on) or do you need logs and/or sample high-res FLAC files for testing?

• I had only tested PCM so far. But all PCM bitrates were fine up to 192kHz - but only in stereo, no multichannel. Interestingly, my SACD ISO test file with 2.0 and 5.1 layers had the track list displayed with each track appearing twice in the list - the stereo and multichannel version. Each track played back as 2.0 though. The same ISO played in Kodi 18 on CoreELEC just plays back as noise, so the SACD ISO filesystem support is much improved even if the PCM audio has not quite caught up yet. I'll test passthrough audio on my DD and DTS test files later.

EDIT - passthrough audio in general plays ok, I tested DD+, DD TruHD, DTS-MA channel test videos and all were ok in audio, but video playback varied from working ok to blank screen or picture tearing or sparklies. None of my DVD ISO files worked (just displayed as folders with Video_TS files), but I think this is a known kodi 19 issue.

Edited once, last by fat-tony: Passthrough audio tested (December 14, 2020 at 10:49 PM).

• Dear chewitt I tried your LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.7-beelink-s922x.img.gz image on my gt-king-pro but no luck, it did not boot. I tried to change dtb setting to pro and again didn't boot.

It's an image for emmc install (overwriting factory u-boot) not an image for SD/USB boot.

Normally I'd suggest using the "box" image to boot, then erase the emmc or use "emmctool" to write the image to emmc storage. However there's an issue when booting from vendor u-boot and the mainline kernel under high I/O load (e.g. when writing the image) where the kernel deadlocks and this can leave you with broken u-boot. It's not impossible to recover from, but needs Amlogic burning tool or UART cables (the UART port is on the rear of the pro box) and a lot of faffing about to kill vendor u-boot to force boot from SD card. I've not tested it, but a possible workaround is booting from CE (which doesn't have the lockup issue) and using 'dd' to write the image to emmc.

In general, anything with vendor u-boot should use the box image. I've mostly built the -beelink image to help the Armbian/Manjaro folks boot/run on the box using mainline u-boot to avoid the deadlock problem. LE still has the same issue, but since we are ultra-lightweight seem to mostly-avoid the problem. I had a sample shipped to one of the kernel maintainers to see if they can figure the issue out, it's beyond me, but it's a busy time of year so nothing was looked at yet. The same issue exists on all the Beelink S922X boxes.

• It's an image for emmc install (overwriting factory u-boot) not an image for SD/USB boot.

Normally I'd suggest using the "box" image to boot, then erase the emmc or use "emmctool" to write the image to emmc storage. However there's an issue when booting from vendor u-boot and the mainline kernel under high I/O load (e.g. when writing the image) where the kernel deadlocks and this can leave you with broken u-boot. It's not impossible to recover from, but needs Amlogic burning tool or UART cables (the UART port is on the rear of the pro box) and a lot of faffing about to kill vendor u-boot to force boot from SD card. I've not tested it, but a possible workaround is booting from CE (which doesn't have the lockup issue) and using 'dd' to write the image to emmc.

In general, anything with vendor u-boot should use the box image. I've mostly built the -beelink image to help the Armbian/Manjaro folks boot/run on the box using mainline u-boot to avoid the deadlock problem. LE still has the same issue, but since we are ultra-lightweight seem to mostly-avoid the problem. I had a sample shipped to one of the kernel maintainers to see if they can figure the issue out, it's beyond me, but it's a busy time of year so nothing was looked at yet. The same issue exists on all the Beelink S922X boxes.

Thank you for kind reply, but I dont want to brake u-boot.

I don't understand why Beelink doesn't care about this problem, they are aware of it.