Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• Hi.

How can I turn off the pink color

LibreELEC starts up in a pink glow, I know it was possible with SHH overriding some options, but I don't remember what file it is and which line should be edited ..

can anyone help me, thank you

that's how it kicks in and it's all that strange color

8A2IyoJ.jpg

this is what picture after command

kodi-send --action="TakeScreenshot"

screenshot00000.png

• I pulled them because real-life is rather busy and I won't have time for kernel fiddling anytime soon. All the sources are in my github repo.

Any chance you (or anyone) can post an old amlogic image somewhere?I know it might not work properly - I wont complain :)

Id like to try libreelec on s905x3.

• Id like to try libreelec on s905x3

You have the ability to use CoreELEC with KODI 19. I have no way to use CoreELEC with KODI 19 on my Odroid C2, the guys decided that this device is outdated. :(
    The hope remains that the guys from LibreELEC will release builds with KODI 19 in the future. :)

• I did a little vacation fiddling for Radxa Zero support the other day so there are some 10.0 images on my share again. Kernel is 5.14rc5 and uboot is 2021.07.. but nothing apart from the Zero image is tested and there are no real-world changes to video/audio support although HEVC is enabled and may work on GX devices with 8-bit output (it will prob crash on newer devices or 10-bit media). Usual rules apply; I’m not “supporting” the images so if it works that’s nice. If not, there’s no need to comment unless you also found a fix for something.

• I did a little vacation fiddling for Radxa Zero support the other day so there are some 10.0 images on my share again. Kernel is 5.14rc5 and uboot is 2021.07.. but nothing apart from the Zero image is tested and there are no real-world changes to video/audio support although HEVC is enabled and may work on GX devices with 8-bit output (it will prob crash on newer devices or 10-bit media). Usual rules apply; I’m not “supporting” the images so if it works that’s nice. If not, there’s no need to comment unless you also found a fix for something.

Thank you, appreciate you putting up the images again.

• First of all many thanks for your work.

I've successfully booted LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.0-box.img.gz on my minix neo u1 (S905), everything seems ok but HDMI audio doesn't work (already tried to change fixed sample rate limit to 44.1KHz in kodi settings). I don't know if this is expected or if you need any logs

erbas the main influence is the ffmpeg changes the Raspberry Pi foundation devs have been doing on stateful V4L2 support. I'm tracking the work but beyond a point in mid-December the changes to ffmpeg need corresponding changes in the vdec drvier and this is beyond my non-coding abilities to do .. and since nobody else works on this we're stalled and unable to keep up. H264 is now working well on Pi hardware.

I'm also using updated firmware, but updated is not always better since Amlogic does not backwards test on older hardware they no longer support so change that fix e.g. GXL may also regress GXBB, and testing that is a hugely time intesive task (and work is busy).

In other news, I now have mainline u-boot booting a WP2 (GXBB) box from SD card (after erasing vendor u-boot from emmc) and have been using it as the family daily-driver for the last week. I'm currently trying to understand why audio must be forced to 44.1KHz to get audio output while the same kernel image on a GXL/GXM device is fine. However I'm at the limits of my non-coding-developer knowledge so progress comes only from guesswork and trial/error testing which is time consuming.

For the wider audience: I added a Minix Neo U9-H (S912) device tree to the "box" image based on educated guesswork and the vendor kernel device tree. It would be nice if someone with that box could test it and give feedback.

• sailorpito It looks like there are no sound/audio nodes in the current device-tree which explains why there is no audio devices showing up. I can look into adding them in a couple of days once I return from vacation. If you can pastebin the contents of dmesg and Kodi debug logs it would be useful.. ISTR the current device-tree was a blind guess so it will be useful to validate what other bits are showing or not.

• Here you go:

kodi.log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

dmesg.log:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, thanks again!

sailorpito It looks like there are no sound/audio nodes in the current device-tree which explains why there is no audio devices showing up. I can look into adding them in a couple of days once I return from vacation. If you can pastebin the contents of dmesg and Kodi debug logs it would be useful.. ISTR the current device-tree was a blind guess so it will be useful to validate what other bits are showing or not.

• sailorpito update with LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.0.tar and audio should appear? share dmesg again pls.

Hi chewitt.

Thank you for everything you do for us.

Is it possible with your help to solve the following error (photo)?

This is error appeared on builds of LE 10. And also I tried your last build - LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.0-odroid-c2.img.gz.

As I understand it, it has to do with the device tree.

Edited once, last by blackride (August 24, 2021 at 2:55 PM).

• sailorpito update with LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.0.tar and audio should appear? share dmesg again pls.

Great, HDMI audio is now working with MINIX-NEO Analog node!

I'll do some more testing and report back.

Here it is dmesg log:

Donation on the way, thank you

• chewitt doesn't answer.

Unfortunately, I have not saved the old builds from the balbes150. So it would be possible to pull out the dtb file from his build.

Who knows how to fix a dtb file?

• blackride The bootloader is unable to find a partition with the label "LIBREELEC" to load the SYSTEM file. It has nothing to do with the device-tree being used. The LIBREELEC label is used with the FAT16/VFAT partition on the .img file we use for imaging SD cards and eMMC modules for the C2 board and the configuation is defined in extlinux.conf where we set boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC and disk=LABEL=STORAGE. If you have swapped between Olegs images (which used non-standard u-boot bootscripts and locations/naming sometimes) and mine or LE10 nightlies the extlinux.conf might be wrong (see if UUID or /dev/device works instead of LABEL). Sometimes sudden power-off without shutdown will result in card corruption; normally fixable with fsck. It's hard to comment without knowing the history of the device, e.g. what was originally installed, from where, and when, and what update was performed.

NB: I've run boot tests with LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.0-odroid-c2.img.gz on SD card and an eMMC module and (from a boot/install/run perspectice) the image works fine for me.

• blackride The bootloader is unable to find a partition with the label "LIBREELEC" to load the SYSTEM file. It has nothing to do with the device-tree being used. The LIBREELEC label is used with the FAT16/VFAT partition on the .img file we use for imaging SD cards and eMMC modules for the C2 board and the configuation is defined in extlinux.conf where we set boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC and disk=LABEL=STORAGE. If you have swapped between Olegs images (which used non-standard u-boot bootscripts and locations/naming sometimes) and mine or LE10 nightlies the extlinux.conf might be wrong (see if UUID or /dev/device works instead of LABEL). Sometimes sudden power-off without shutdown will result in card corruption; normally fixable with fsck. It's hard to comment without knowing the history of the device, e.g. what was originally installed, from where, and when, and what update was performed.

NB: I've run boot tests with LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0.0-odroid-c2.img.gz on SD card and an eMMC module and (from a boot/install/run perspectice) the image works fine for me.

No, you did not understand me. I recorded your image on the microsd card, that is, I did not do an update, but a clean installation.

extlinux.conf file on microsd:

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dtb
      APPEND boot=LABEL=LIBREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE quiet systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0 console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

There is a solution here using the correct dtb file. You also wrote that you can connect a keyboard and via vi fix the bootloader, but you did not write how to do it.

I tried different microsd cards and no result.

Can I fix the dtb file?

• Can I fix the dtb file?

In the old forum thread you found the user has a generic S912 image where you must configure the correct dtb file for the box to boot. In the LE10 C2 image I shared everything is correctly preconfigured so the dtb does not need "fixing" to work.

See if "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2" work (edit the exlinux.conf). If not, I have no idea what the problem is.

• In the old forum thread you found the user has a generic S912 image where you must configure the correct dtb file for the box to boot. In the LE10 C2 image I shared everything is correctly preconfigured so the dtb does not need "fixing" to work.

See if "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2" work (edit the exlinux.conf). If not, I have no idea what the problem is.

I changed file extlinux.conf:

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /meson-gxbb-odroidc2.dtb
      APPEND boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet systemd.debug_shell=ttyAML0 console=ttyAML0,115200n8 console=tty0

And get the same error where "/dev/mmcblk0p1" is written instead of "LABEL=LIBREELEC".

I can say with certainty that older the official nightly builds of LE10 worked on my C2 (the only thing that worked slowly was the KODI interface). And then in the last nightly official builds of LE10 I got this error. This error is apparently due to the fact that support has been added for booting from a USB flash drive. I have not tried to write to a USB flash drive your builds, but I tried to write a USB flash drive on the latest official night builds of LE10 - if a microsd card is inserted, which also contains the LE10 build and a flash drive, then Odroid C2 is loaded from the USB flash drive. I can try it on your build and I'm sure it will work. But I want to use only a microsd card.

I have another idea. But I think that it will not give anything. Install the official LE9 on the microsd card, run it to create a full size STORAGE. And then replace on it all the contents (files) of the LIBREELEC section from your LE10 build. Don't work, when you turn on the odroid C2, the blue LED is constantly on and nothing else.

Is it possible from your side to write step-by-step commands to start loading LE10 using the connected keyboard to the Odroid C2, when such an error appears?

chewitt Thank you for your work. Your images work on my Odroid C2 with SD card and eMMC made with Etcher on Ubuntu 18.04 . The only thing that doesn't work is to wake up via CEC. Maybe you can still incorporate that if it is possible.

en:c2_ir_wake_up [ODROID Wiki]

I tried to write the microsd card via Creator LibreELEC USB-SD, balenaEtcher in windows 10. And even started opensuse in live mode and writing the microsd card via dd (I previously unpacked img from img.gz). And I still get the same error.

Could you do 2 things for me ?:

1. View the revision of the release on the board odroid c2.

2. Via Gparted, reduce section STORAGE on your microsd card (if you have a large microsd card) and make a full dump microsd card via dd and upload img dump to some file hosting (yandex, google disk or another).

Edited 2 times, last by blackride (September 4, 2021 at 9:55 AM).