Official LE11 Test Images for Amlogic (Kodi-20)

• Sorry for the offtopic, but what's AE? (I tried duckduckgo and wikipedia before asking but the keyword is too short to get any meaningful result)

E stands for elec i think to remember theres some alexelec besides coreelec one I never tried, the other I didn't like because of my kernel 3.x allergy ;)

• Oh, alexelec, that must be it. It seems interesting, pity that I don't understand russian and using google translate all the time is tiring.

For some tvbox hacking russian would definitely be an asset, I also only know about 3 words of that language :-S

• "AlexELEC" is a Ukranian rip-off release. He originally cloned OE, then LE, and now I think CE, re-attributing all the commits/changes to himself and never contributing anything back to any of the codebases - although since his images are rammed full of piracy crapware like Acestream we're kind of okay not having anything to do with him/them.

• OK, I won't go there then. I just reluctantly switched to coreelec to see the state of the integrated dvb and I have to say it works (though I think it's because they don't use the upstream kernel but the 4.19 bsp, but then I had to select the media_build dvb drivers instead of the default ones).

• DVB is one of the more challenging bits of our codebase. Support for USB and PCI type devices improves significantly in modern kernels as several of the major vendors "got their stuff together" and upstreamed their drivers; and the upstreaming processes ironed out lots of quirky crap code. However boxes with embedded cards like Amlogic devices are still a long way from being supported in mainline so the BSP kernels are still functionally best, but also aren't perfect (and the code is horrible) and the people who championed work on them appear to have stopped work and drifed away, so they aren't improving over time.

• Yes, I've been reading your messages about it, but since the main purpose of this box is to watch satellite tv I have no other option than to use the old 9.0.something libreelec (which I did until yesterday) or coreelec. From a quick look at their github it seems they are using the upstream media_build for the dvb drivers (albeit an old version) with almost no patches (just to disable several modules). With libreelec I had to use the built-in drivers, the media_build one didn't work (the reverse is true with coreelec).

• I don't know if this helps! they are certainly different things to do. (I don't understand about the same)

Ubuntu 20 with raspberry pi 3 tuner is already a reality.

Using latest linux.

This leaves me confused because it is a usb tuner.

We wanted to know if that possibility exists.

raspberry 3 + ubuntu 20 + tbs5520se

Yes, I've been reading your messages about it, but since the main purpose of this box is to watch satellite tv I have no other option than to use the old 9.0.something libreelec (which I did until yesterday) or coreelec. From a quick look at their github it seems they are using the upstream media_build for the dvb drivers (albeit an old version) with almost no patches (just to disable several modules). With libreelec I had to use the built-in drivers, the media_build one didn't work (the reverse is true with coreelec).

What's your friend box?

Edited 2 times, last by erbas: Merged a post created by erbas into this post. (November 30, 2020 at 6:26 PM).

• I have a mecool k1 pro (availink 6862)

LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0.2.img.gz

This construction of libreelec 9.0.2 has kodi 18.9.Updated.

Updated dvb drivers: crazycat.

ffmpeg: updated.

It was the best construction to use with satellite for my KI Pro.

All credits goes to, The friend helped with it! dtech :thumbup::thumbup:

This image and the one I use today is the one that is best in my box.

olivluca You don't need to install the crazycat driver for the tuner!

More when installing it, the crazycat box driver develops the tuner better.:)

Edited 3 times, last by erbas: Merged a post created by erbas into this post. (November 30, 2020 at 7:34 PM).

• chewitt Thanks for the support in your constructions.

I'm having problems with libreelec's initial settings.

Samba + ssh is not being activated.

I noticed that the KI Pro dtb.img is present, among others.:thumbup:

Boot is working perfectly.

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80.7-box.img.gz 2020-Dec-05

• I think SSH needs to be activated and a PW set via the remote control before use?!