Play a Playlist m3u in Crontab

• Hi,

my name in Roberto and I try simply to start a playlist.m3u whith contab but I don't know the name of standard player of Libreelec (no Vlc or other)

I need to play a playlist every one minute.

Now I am using Cron XMBC

*/1 * * * * (command to play???) myplaylist.m3u

Can you help me?

Thanks

• Code
    kodi-send --action='PlayMedia("/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/myplaylist.m3u")'
  • Installing Milhouse Texture Cache Maintenance Utility may assist you in achieving what you wish to perform via crontab.

In addition to its primary role, utility has a number of very useful options such as:-

• exec - Execute specified addon, with optional parameters
    • play - Play specified item (local file, playlist, internet stream etc)

As you query was interesting to me I looked for and found suggestion to use utilty, from this old thread post in Kodi forum.

(not tried it myself, but sounds like it should work)

• Roberto

Libreelec has cron builtin..you don't really need cronxbmc..

Just tested this and it works fine for what you need..

Play playlist every minute:

Code
    * * * * * kodi-send --action='PlayMedia("/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/yourplaylist.m3u")'

Is there a method to check if playlist is playing to avoid to run again and again my playlist ? (in cronjob of course)

Sorry for my stupid questions:-/

Thanks again for your support.

Edited once, last by Roberto (August 12, 2020 at 7:28 PM).

Is there a method to check if playlist is playing to avoid to run again and again my playlist ? (in cronjob of course)

Sorry for my stupid questions:-/

Thanks again for your support.

maybe try autoexec.py

Code
    import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(/storage/.kodi/userdata/playlists/music/yourplaylist.m3u)" )

xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(repeat)" )