LibreElec/Pi Zero /DAC+ Zero/IR Remote Problem

• Hello,

I have the following problem with a LibreElec 9.2.3 installation with a Raspberry Pi ZERO WH plus HifiBerry DAC + Zero card:

I have entered the entry for activating the IR diode in the config.txt file, I can no longer get the DAC in the System / Audio menu.

Only the standard output measures are available.

Without the content << dtoverlay = gpio-ir, gpio_in_pin = 17 >> the DAC works perfectly

Changing the pin number does not change anything

Is there a solution to my problem?

Thanks and regards Jonas

Extract from the file config.txt:

################################################################################

# End of default configuration

################################################################################

# HifiBerry DAC

dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac

# Lirc

dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_in_pin=17

Attached two log files:

odi.old.log.txt = DAC works

kodi.log.txt = DAC not availablekodi.log.txtkodi.old.log.txt

• There are 2 issues with your config.txt:

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir,gpio_in_pin=18

you are still using "gpio_in_pin" instead of "gpio_pin" and also you can't use GPIO 18 - this is required by the I2S interface - dmesg/journal therefore prints this:

Code
    Apr 11 18:28:51 LE923zero kernel: pinctrl-bcm2835 20200000.gpio: pin gpio18 already requested by ir-receiver@12; cannot claim for 20203000.i2s

You have to connect the IR receiver to a GPIO that's not used by the DAC card, GPIO 17 should be fine, and then properly specify that in the dtoverlay line - eg gpio_pin=17

so long,

Hias