Dolby Atmos - TrueHD - Raspberry Pi 4b possible?

• Test images are on Index of / .. there will be no "official" alpha images for LE10 because too many people don't read release notes and will blindly update and then whinge when it's not a) exactly the same, or b) perfect. Better to field user Q's about why there is no official image (which didn't break anything) than deal with proper support issues.

• chewitt

Tanks, but im confused. Reason:

Current plan is to release official Alphas for RPi4 along with the other Alpha builds.

RPi2/3 releases will probably follow later as there's a major issue in the video driver (screen going blank). Once that's fixed RPi2 alpha builds will follow.

so long,

Hias

• Sounds like we need a team call then .. because previous/current plan is to not release formal images :)

• HEVC has been working for months (H264 is/was the hold-up). 4K is working now (not 4K60, but that's will be along eventually). HDR is complicated but will come. Upstreaming will take time.. but getting it all working comes first. We aren't going to do a formal Pi release for LE10 out of an abundance of caution (we have hundreds of thousands of Pi users) but things are moving along nicely..

thanks again for the update! so obv i misunderstood.. this sounds a lot more promising :)

as soon as HDR is in i suppose users will be pouring in so i get the "cautious approach" to releasing. anyway looking forward!

• HEVC has been working for months (H264 is/was the hold-up). 4K is working now (not 4K60, but that's will be along eventually). HDR is complicated but will come. Upstreaming will take time.. but getting it all working comes first. We aren't going to do a formal Pi release for LE10 out of an abundance of caution (we have hundreds of thousands of Pi users) but things are moving along nicely..

So movies in 4k works, HDR not working but dolby atmos works on newest nightly?

• So... I dont have a lot of movies in 4k with HDR and Atmos but... every dolby atmos sample is working greate! Two movies with HDR and atmos working also greate so FINALLY im very happy of raspberry pi ;-) unfortunately vpn manager and transmission addons dont work so im still looking forward ;-)