Moved from OpenELEC to LibreELEC - Wake on LAN and IR no longer working

• Hi,

I've just been through a huge upgrade taking my 4 year old OpenElec install with shared MySQL across three devices up to the most recent LE. Everything has worked well. No data loss, MySQL upgraded fine, very happy.

My only problem now is the main HTPC no longer wakes from LAN like it used to. As this is a key part of my workflow I need to get this sorted. Is there a known issue with it? The HTPC runs on a small form factor motherboard and is fully supportive of WoL. It worked fine under OE for years.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

• WoL sounds to me like a hardware thing, not so much a LibreELEC thing. Did anything else chance, different switch or router?

I assume that nothing changed in the BIOS of the htpc as far as WoL is concerned?

• No, nothing on the machine has been changed apart from crossgrading to LibreElec. Under OpenElec the machine would enter suspend mode and Yatse remote would start it back up again, as would a custom WoL script I've written. I now have to press the hard button on the front of the unit bring it out of suspension.

• Here's my $0.02 theory: Over time the kernel has evolved better power management which means more hardware can go into deeper sleep states. This is great for power efficiency during suspend/sleep but means you might have to apply some configuration to ensure the NIC (or entire device) remains at a high enough sleep state to still receive the WOL packet. I have a huch that the move from older to newer kernel effects the change. I haven't been using x86 kit for aeons so have no idea how you'd prevent deeper suspend/sleep, but it's something to investigate.

• Wake on LAN is still not working, despite being enabled in the bios for S3,4 and 5.

Having troubleshot this issue now it appears I was not waking from LAN, I was using wake on usb from a usb dongle connected to a Harmony Remote. Oops.

There is still a problem, however, as the remote no longer wakes the unit as it used to. The setting is enabled in the bios and the remote is sending a command that should bring the machine out of sleep, but it doesn't.

Is this a bug?

Not being able to wake the unit by any means other than accessing the front panel is pretty much a showstopper for me and I'll regrettably have to replace LE with something else if this is by design.