Change Mac Address LibreElec (community) 8.2.5 version on Em7680 with Amlogic S905x ?

• Hello,

I try to change the mac address of my hardware (Em7680 with Amlogic S905x CPU). I tried all the solutions found here but it doesn't work. :(

I don't know how to solve this problem, do you have an idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Note: I use an IP static address for my em7680 hardware on my router (192.168.x.xx)

• Wow you waited one day before bumping. Any more of that and *things* will happen.

Any reason you need to change your MAC address?

You can try:

echo "options xxxxxx rtw_initmac=<Desired MAC address>" >/storage/.config/modprobe.d/xxxxx_mac.conf

Where xxxxxx is your chipset (Maybe em7680)

• @Iridium: Thanks for your reply and your tip. ;) I will try it as soon as possible.

You talk about chipset in this case. I guess it is about the ethernet port or the name of the driver module for the ethernet port ?

Do you think I can find that information with the lsmod, hwinfo commands by connecting to the Em7680 through the terminal ?

Thanks.

Regards.

• I had tried this kind of solution but the mac address hadn't change with the help of the autostart.sh script. So that's why I posted a new message to find a solution.

• Hello,

ok I found the solution. :)

I retried the solution given by Iridium with the autostart.sh script. It seems that the mac address that I defined before didn't work. I tried another, and it's ok.

Thanks for your help.

• Possibly a typo in the MAC address or there was a conflict with networking on startup - if the latter then adding sleep 60 at the beginning of the script will allow the network to settle before changing.

Also (Has been asked before) Why do you need to change the MAC address.

• Is there a particular reason to change the MAC address? Normally each device should be manufactured with a unique address anyway.

One would think that you'd be right about that but that is not always the case.

Every time i bring in a bunch of OEM boxes from the factory for some reason they are usually always all on the same mac address.

I have always used a autostart script similar to what Iridium posted for years when i try and run them on my internal LAN otherwise they conflict even tho they all have different static ip's and a properly populated host file for my LAN.