[unoffical] LE-9.2/9.80-Images for RK3229/RK3228

• My very first box mars2 on the shelf at least 2 years waiting for LE because its too slow and buggy on Android:)

Time has come: Release Test for RK3228B · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Give it a try ... Note: LE binary addons are not available in this image ... you will have to download manually (take them from RK3328)

If it comes up (what it should) login with ssh and give me the output of

Code
    hexdump -C /sys/bus/nvmem/devices/rockchip-efuse0/nvmem
  • I didn't mention it before: In the current images to analog av-port is deactivated, since on some devices/tvs the hdmi signal isn't dected correctly and the ouput is defaulted to tve.

I couldn't test it before - but user k7k8 just confirmed enabling it works and tve output is working too ... in the upcoming images i will try to find a way to make it autoselect

That's how 18.5 looks like on good old av:

• hexdump -C /sys/bus/nvmem/devices/rockchip-efuse0/nvmem

00000000 52 4b 23 92 81 f4 70 55 52 4b 4e 32 38 30 30 37 |RK#...pURKN28007|

00000010 00 00 00 00 09 13 31 05 00 05 01 00 00 88 00 00 |......1.........|

Yes, it starts!

Log http://ix.io/26xj

After switching off can't turn it on by remote.

Edited 2 times, last by radmir (January 9, 2020 at 8:31 PM).

• Yes, it starts!

Good to hear :)

After switching off can't turn it on by remote.

It's the same for all rk devices in LE at the moment ... may change in future

I just figured out how to enable dram-controler in the kernel on RK3228 devices - it works great on my rk3228a - could you test it with yours:

Release RK3228B Test with DMC · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

This will give you a real performance improvement - if your device starts :)

If so: please give the output of /sys/class/devfreq/dmc/trans_stat

• If so: please give the output of /sys/class/devfreq/dmc/trans_stat

: 300000000 400000000 600000000 700000000 800000000 time(ms)

300000000: 0 0 0 0 0 0

400000000: 0 0 0 0 0 0

* 600000000: 0 0 0 0 0 205454

700000000: 0 0 0 0 0 0

800000000: 0 0 0 0 0 0

Total transition : 0

Wow! I thought that slow speed is normal for this old cheap box but now its realy fast and quite usable! Cheers!

One minor bug I've noticed is a message 'grep: /proc/net/pnp: No such file or directory' right after power on.

Can't control via HDMI-CEC. Everything else works.

Ooops. Kodi just rebooted itself. Logs http://ix.io/2734 and http://ix.io/2735

if your device starts

:D

One strange issue. On ff or rewind movie that I watching through addon video freezes but sound is going on. Local files are ok. And Kodi have rebooted again.

Edited 8 times, last by radmir (January 10, 2020 at 8:59 PM).

• I thought that slow speed is normal for this old cheap box but now its realy fast and quite usable!

I was suprised too - espacially compared to android

'grep: /proc/net/pnp: No such file or directory'

This seems to be an LE specific thing - never had an installation were it didn't come up ... even on x86 (if I remember correctly)

Can't control via HDMI-CEC.

CEC support is implemented and working (for example an A95XR1), but depends on if the manufacturer you bought the box from risk the <1 cent value and soldered the n-mosfet and 10k resistor necessary to make it work - yours obviously did not - you can do it your own like for tinkerboard: HDMI CEC support? - I did it and it turned out to work for tvbox pcbs too - you will have to have a really calm hand and some soldering experience - parts are really small

Kodi just rebooted itself.

I'm still investigating this system doesn't reboot, but kodi restarts itself .. seems to be something DRM/GBM ... it should only happen one time after LE startup and only if your not watching a video

One strange issue. On ff or rewind movie that I watching through addon video freezes but sound is going on. Local files are ok

Which addon is it? Could not reproduce this a single time with any pvr or video addon ... Is it DRM-protected content?

• chewitt it's depend on your country laws and can be used for absolutly legal purposes. Anyway its up to users. There are nothing useful in logs when issue happens.

Should you be inprisoned if you watched Schindler's List (even if you paid Netflix)? It's a crime in some countries.

Edited 4 times, last by radmir (January 11, 2020 at 7:47 AM).

• On the internet everything is legal somewhere and illegal somewhere else, so I have not stated the add-ons are illegal. I have stated they are against our forum rules (we follow the Kodi forum rules on this topic). In short; you're free to use LE/Kodi however you like, and we're free to choose how we provide support in our forum. Users of piracy add-ons violate our forum rules (which you accepted when registering an account). We are always happy to support ex-pirates who prove their devices are now clean.

• chewitt from Kodi rules:

[For example, an add-on that downloads torrents is not, itself, a problem, since a torrent can cover a wide variety content, including legally distributed videos.]

I don't use any addons for searching illegal content.

Otherwise Kodi breaks rules itself because official repos contain torrent, emule, etc addons.

• Since I cannot reproduce this issue with any addon I'm using: it might be caused by that very addon. I'm not going to install it on my side, since I don't support piracy in any matter (and I deeply support any effort kodi or LE is doing to be no longer considerd as piracy platform) : Please go ahead and check with some none-piracy addon you're (hopefully) using

• Just pushed an new Release: Release RK322x-le92-0bca75f: Add RK3228B MK809IV target / Enable bluetooth for rtl8723 and ap6xxx … · knaerzche/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

I finally got rid of this annoying bug, that kodi was stopped after 10 minutes "automatically" - or the flickering screen on 4K-Display (which also happend exactly 10 minutes afer bootup) - I also added autodetction for HDMI/Tvout - you don't need any devicetree moification anymore, if you want to use tvout. For this reason the "splash" screen is now set to 1920x1080 for HDMI output (hardcoded), since the HDMI-phy won't automatically detect a signal on any higher resolution. Kodi itself will start in higher or lower resolution... whatever your screen supports.

If your screen does not support 1080p you will see only a black screen before kodi starts for this reason (HDMI only)

You have 3 options:

1. edit extlinux/extlinux.conf: set the parameter

Code
    video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080

to a value which your screen supports

2. Remove this parameter complety, if you are sure you will nerver connect your box to a 4k screen

3. Accept the blank screen: Kodi will come up, even if the splash does not (be careful espacially for the first boot: give some time for resizing disk, reboot etc.)

Bluetooth is now enabled and should be autmatically brought up (on supported chipsets, rtl8723b, ap6xxx)

Added support for RK3228 Devices - this and more: see [unoffical] LE-9.2-Images for RK3229/RK3228

k7k8 :

HDMI IN is not possible ... but HDMI OUT is ,,, just try the new images ... you don't need to replace the dtbs any longer

Edited 4 times, last by knaerzche (January 15, 2020 at 12:50 AM).

• knaerzche

Great job! Will have to find my discarded old mxq pro RK3229 boxes now...

Mxq project has a YouTube out saying MAJOR DEVELOPMENT 😂

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It is, given the effort. Nobody else wanted to touch it.

1. HDMI/AV auto select is a great feature. Again one other devs ignored.

2. Will the SSV6051P work in both WiFi sta and AP modes? Old chipset, company dead.

3. Any possibility to add a package manager like Entware (Openwrt), opkg ?

• В h96 mini отсутствует слот microSD. Как написать, какой образ и как правильно его установить? Я прошу достаточно подробные инструкции.

h96 mini is missing a microSD slot. How to write, which image and how to install it correctly? I ask for rather detailed instructions.