All-For-One URC7935 Streamer Remote

• G'day All,

Loving the LibreELEC Kodi, nice and lightweight and fast boot etc.

In the past couple of days I purchased an Intel NUC J5005 and I've installed LibreELEC 9.1.5 with Kodi 18.4 Leia, which I have working and I'm loving it more than my 2mth old shield (about to onsell)

I have a All-For-One Streamer URC7935 IR remote control that is about 70% - 80% functional, only a few buttons are not working, but it would be nice to have a fully functional remote, particularly the Volume +/-. I've got the Audio going through the HDMI port directly to a Sony OLED TV running at 4K60Hz (yep found that workaround in the forum and its working great, straight up).

I'm hoping that someone else is using the same remote and has gone to the effort of creating a custom ir-keytable for all the Button functions that is willing to share, just to save me the trouble of reinventing the wheel as it were. I have found in the WIKI how to create an ir-keytable, which is what I will attempt if I cant find another solution.

In my attempts to get the URC7935 working, I've used the majority of their manual list of compatible device codes into the remote with only one code working and that is the Sony code.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Kind Regards,

Craig

• UPDATE:

Having followed the WIKI on how to identify the IR-KEYTABLE that is used by the NUC and to create a list of ScanCodes, the INTEL NUC IR uses rc6-mce.

LibreELEC (official): 9.1.502 (Generic.x86_64)

LINUX:~ # ir-keytable

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event5) with:

Name: ITE8708 CIR transceiver

Driver: ite-cir, table: rc-rc6-mce

lirc device: /dev/lirc0

Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp imon rc-mm

Enabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6

bus: 25, vendor/product: 1283:0000, version: 0x0000

Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

LINUX:~ #

After doing a Full Button Function RAW ScanCodes by ir-keytable -t it appears that the VolumeUP / VolumeDOWN / Mute / APP buttons do not have an output code that is recognised by the Intel NUC IR Sensor.

WORK-AROUND:

Still using the Sony Input to have the URC7935 Streamer communicate with the Intel NUC J5005, I trained the URC7935 to operate the TV volume control by having the URC7935 learn from the TV Remote Volume Buttons.

The APP Buttons (Netflix / Hulu / Youtube / Amazon) buttons also do not have an Output Signal, so they might be something that is not supported by the RC6-mce driver and therefore is not supported by the NUC.

The FastForward / Rewind buttons are working, I probably was not noticing that they were not a Long Hold to skip to area of video wanted, but needed to multiple button press to FF / RW for Speed to skip.

Hope this helps others that are interested.

If you want to see the Button RAW Source ScanCode, let me know and I can either upload it, or copy and past the txt here into the thread.

PS.

I also got a reply email from One-For-All Support this afternoon and the email stated that the Volume Control buttons were reserved for TV / Sound Bars Etc and were not configurable to work with the Intel NUC which is possibly why the APP buttons also have no output and may be using a Different Protocol that is not supported by the NUC.

Regards,

Craig

Thank you for your patience.

Edited 2 times, last by Wildlife ~ Horizons: Just realised that the remote is a One For All. Oh well, just a PEBKAC error with Dyslexia (December 24, 2019 at 7:02 AM).