Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• Official Post

Version 20200720 for rk3328\3399 and rk3288.

Kernel 5.7.9.

to quickly test the performance of audio and video , a small test video clip has been added to the images. To start, need to add the source to "Videos" (Root filesystem / usr/config/test). And a test clip will be available. This allows you to quickly check the overall performance of audio and video without having to connect external media or network devices (i.e. you can check audio\video, if there are problems with the network and access to network resources or media USB).

• hi balbes150, I tried your build on nanopc t4. It works like a charm. I am wondering why does latest version of armbian have so many problems. Like wifi not working. Black screen with HDMI-DVI converter. HDMI CEC not working. Not sure if these problems are solved in mainline or not.

Do you have similar unofficial build of armbian that I could try out? THank you!

BTW, it would be great if this build could have Docker included.

Edited once, last by test0x01 (July 28, 2020 at 4:10 PM).

• Good news for people who want to run KODI on other Linux on nanopc T4.

I use this image as host system.

Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8) - TV boxes - Armbian forum

After install some necessary dependencies, I build a docker image following instructions GitHub - digitalsanity/libreelec-in-docker: LibreELEC-in-Docker: Installs the latest nightly release of LibreELEC/Kodi into a docker container that currently runs on ROCKPro64/ROCK64 Debian/Ubuntu distributions -- desktop icon/launcher included. here.

Modifications to the scripts in this repo are required.

Then I can successfully launch Kodi with docker. The KODI works, HDMI CEC works.

Problem not solved yet: Shutting down KODI hungs if monitor supports HDMI CEC.

The logs while shutting dow KODI:

[ 255.371889] systemd-shutdown[1]: Syncing filesystems and block devices.

[ 255.384746] systemd-shutdown[1]: Sending SIGTERM to remaining processes...

[ 255.386655] systemd-journald[31]: Received SIGTERM from PID 1 (systemd-shutdow).

[ 265.387882] systemd-shutdown[1]: Waiting for process: kodi.bin

[ 345.385939] systemd-shutdown[1]: Sending SIGKILL to remaining processes...

[ 345.387266] systemd-shutdown[1]: Sending SIGKILL to PID 157 (kodi.bin).

[ 355.388185] systemd-shutdown[1]: Waiting for process: kodi.bin

However, it is not a big problem. I can live without shutting down it.

Now I am expecting an official release of new Armbian which supports Nanopc T4.

• Hello,

Thank you balbes150 for your libreelec images. I've just installed the latest one to my RockPro64 emmc. However I have two issues, I wondered if you could tell me how to solve.

The first is the resolution seems to be limited to 1920x1080 but the RockPro64 should be able to display 4k.
    The second is some addons require python 2.7 but only python3 is available.

I don't mind installing an older version if one is available and will avoid these issues.

Thanks!

• I am wondering why does latest version of armbian have so many problems. Like wifi not working

What problems do you write about ? I have everything working in Armbian on T4, including WiFi And analog audio via 3.5.

Then I can successfully launch Kodi with docker.

Why do we need these perversions with Docer, if there is a LE in which KODI works in full mode ?

The first is the resolution seems to be limited to 1920x1080 but the RockPro64 should be able to display 4k.

I don't have RockPro64, but on NanoPC T4 and RockPI 4, 4K works.

• Hi, thanks for these images and setup guide.

I've managed to get things sort of working on NanoPi M4v2 using Armbian Bullseye as the base and the LibreELEC-ARMv8.arm-9.80-devel-20200810142955-569f834-rk3399.img (interface is up, CEC working)

However, I can't find the BBC IplayerWWW plugin (the main thing I want to use) and also the small selection of video files I have (some OGV and AVIs) only play sound (no image).

I think the BBC thing is something to do with Python (I grabbed the zip from git and it gave an error about python version)?

Not sure where to start troubleshooting from here, any further pointers gratefully received

• I went on and added a bunch of video add ons from the included repositories and none of them work (crackle, cooking network, a range of the other various channels) some give an error saying I should check the log (but when I go to settings/log in the control panel there doesn't seem to be anything relevant) some just fail quietly. The only one I've tried so far that does work is the radio one.

Sorry to be a dumb newb but am I missing something really obvious about this install, are the add-ons meant to work? I was delighted that the image worked with the right dtb etc but a media player that doesn't play media ain't a lot of cop! ;)

Any assistance gratefully received.

• I've managed to get things sort of working on NanoPi M4v2 using Armbian Bullseye as the base and the LibreELEC

Write more about what you launched and how.

I think the BBC thing is something to do with Python (I grabbed the zip from git and it gave an error about python version)?

With questions about Addons, you need to contact their developers, I don't know how they work and what the problem is.

to all

New image 20200813 kernel 5.7.15

• I followed the instructions in the first post here. Flashed armbian to sd and got it up and running (did upgrade / dist upgrade) then extracted the u-boot and took the .dtb from it. Flashed the LE version on to the card and dd'd the u-boot back to it, put the .dtb in the folder and edited the txt file to point at it.

Kodi runs ok (although the machine gets ferociously hot) but it won't play video from files or add ons, so I've got a decent interface but no content.

• I don't know which videos you run, but on all the rk3399 I have, almost all the videos work. You should only use DTB from the LE image. Only u-boot is used from Armbian.

Thanks Balbes150 I hadn't realised this, I was using the Armbian .DTB will have a play with the other ones (I didn't see a specific M4V2 version?)

EDIT: Confirmed video now working, just now trying to address no sound (well high level white noise).

Edited once, last by Rothchild (August 15, 2020 at 8:06 PM).

• I hadn't realised this, I was using the Armbian .DTB will have a play with the other ones (I didn't see a specific M4V2 version?)

I added images for NanoPI M4 and ROC-PC (Renegade Elite) to the 20200815-aarch64 on my site. Can you check the overall image launch for M4 ? I am interested in the work of u-boot (so that the system would start) and the General work of DTB from the image.

• I added images for NanoPI M4 and ROC-PC (Renegade Elite) to the 20200815-aarch64 on my site. Can you check the overall image launch for M4 ? I am interested in the work of u-boot (so that the system would start) and the General work of DTB from the image.

I've downloaded this version, do I still need to do the uboot replacement thing or is this supposed to be a standalone version? (If it's meant to be standalone it doesn't boot, it worked similarly to the previous version when I did the u-boot replacement with the armbian bullseye u-boot (as in it works but there are issues with the sound).

Also, just to note, I have the M4v2 not just the M4 (not sure if this makes much difference?)

• I've downloaded this version, do I still need to do the uboot replacement thing or is this supposed to be a standalone version? (If it's meant to be standalone it doesn't boot, it worked similarly to the previous version when I did the u-boot replacement with the armbian bullseye u-boot (as in it works but there are issues with the sound).

Also, just to note, I have the M4v2 not just the M4 (not sure if this makes much difference?)

Try the latest version at this link. You need to check the startup without adding U-boot (I need to understand whether the u-boot from the LE build works or not). Write down which DTB you are using and describe the sound problem in more detail (what settings are specified in KODI for sound).

test — Yandex.Disk