Unofficial LE for RK356x RK3328\RK3399 RK3588(s)

• Hi!

I'm test LibreELEC-RK.arm-9.80-devel-20200127120222-6e9040d-rk3399.img on rock pi. Not boot. On screen message after kernel boot "Could not mount flash/SYSTEM".

I'm make extlinux.conf and boot with radxa uboot. On screen message: Not found boot=LABEL.... . Replace to boot=/dev/mmcblk0p9 ... not found ...ha ... it place on /dev/mmcblk1p9 , emmc on mmcblk2 , nvme not found. This kernel only for khadas?

• I'm test LibreELEC-RK.arm-9.80-devel-20200127120222-6e9040d-rk3399.img on rock pi. Not boot. On screen message after kernel boot "Could not mount flash/SYSTEM".

I'm make extlinux.conf and boot with radxa uboot. On screen message: Not found boot=LABEL.... . Replace to boot=/dev/mmcblk0p9 ... not found ...ha ... it place on /dev/mmcblk1p9 , emmc on mmcblk2 , nvme not found. This kernel only for khadas?

According to the description, you are not running the system correctly. What media is used ? What settings do you make for DTB ? What "internal" media is connected (eMMC NVMe)? What is in SPI ?

If setting is correct , the LE can be run without problems on RockPI 4.

• 1. As is on Sdcard . Not boot with khadas uboot With v.20200201 boot ok

2. Uboot radxa and this kernel on sd, rootfs on nvme. Not boot. Kernel not found nvme device.

3. Uboot radxa, kernel and rootfs on sd. Boot, but no found nvme.

Devices with this kernel:

Mmcblk0 ???

Mmcblk1 - sd

Mmcblk2 - emmc

Nvme - not found

p.s. With v.20200201 nvme found

Edited 6 times, last by rua1 (February 9, 2020 at 1:26 PM).

• I tried out "LibreELEC-RK.arm-9.80-devel-20200205122646-6e9040d-rk3399" image on NanoPC T4.

Boot: OK

WiFi: OK

LAN: N/T

EMMC: OK

Bluetooth: N/T

Video (1920x1080): OK

Sound (HDMI): OK

HDMI CEC: OK

Jellyfish (110Mbps, HD, h264): HW, smooth

Jellyfish (110Mbps, HD, HEVC): SW, choppy

Jellyfish (140Mbps, 4k, h264): HW, no video

Jellyfish (140Mbps, 4k, HEVC, 10bit): HW, buffers for a while, plays bits of audio, no video

• Hi!

I'm test LibreELEC-RK.arm-9.80-devel-20200127120222-6e9040d-rk3399.img on rock pi. Not boot. On screen message after kernel boot "Could not mount flash/SYSTEM".

I had simmilar issue with old v5.x kernel images. These steps work for me:

1. write image to SD card

2. write image to USB flash drive

3. insert both into NanoPC T4 (for USB I use 3.0 port)

4. power on NanoPC T4

5. profit?

• My main problem is that nmve ssd does not work in versions with 5 kernel :( . In versions with kernel 4 that I tested works, but I can't change 'zoom amount' in 'video settings'.

• My main problem is that nmve ssd does not work in versions with 5 kernel :( . In versions with kernel 4 that I tested works, but I can't change 'zoom amount' in 'video settings'.

Hi,

if you need NvmE support you need to enable PCI-E and NVME support in the kernel settings and rebuild the image.

jtosic - For HW decoding there are no drivers available yet for the 5.x kernel. So we just have to wait.

• First thank you for great image. I use Nanopi M4 mainly as tvheadend server and also like KODI media center. But seems to that Nanopi does not hold MAC address across reboots with this image (tested on image from 5.2.2020). Everytime when nanopi reboot, MAC adress is different, then IP is different (Manual settings does not work). Also I use DVBSky T330 with nanopi, but it does not work with this image, even if I enable kernel drivers (media build) in settings. TVHeadend does not see the usb card. With 9.2.0 image from here >> Rockchip – LibreELEC (RockPro64 ver.) all above works, but does not work CEC and instalation to eMMC << that's the reason why I want to use your image. Any solution for this? thank you

• if you need NvmE support you need to enable PCI-E and NVME support in the kernel settings and rebuild the image.

Everyone should be able to do it themselves ;). It will not work out so fast for me.

Now, if I use fdt file from version 20200201, nvme is mounted after mounting STORAGE and run kodi. I can use mount -o bind to the some directories.

• Everytime when nanopi reboot, MAC adress is different, then IP is different (Manual settings does not work)

Add to the settings file (uEnv.txt) in the string parameter APPEND "mac=your_address".

With 9.2.0 image

This version uses the old core 4, in my images the new core 5. In the new kernel, functions have just started to be added, not everything will work.

Now, if I use fdt file from version 20200201, nvme is mounted after mounting STORAGE and run kodi. I can use mount -o bind to the some directories.

If you create a partition on NVMe (ext4) and assign a label to It, you can immediately in the config file (uEnv.txt) specify (instead of the STORAGE label) this label to automatically use NVMe as the primary device for data in LE.

• If you create a partition on NVMe (ext4) and assign a label to It, you can immediately in the config file (uEnv.txt) specify (instead of the STORAGE label) this label to automatically use NVMe as the primary device for data in LE.

No, nvme don't found on this stage. Message on TV screen obtained. ls /dev is without nvme, only mmcblk1 and 2.

nvme found only after run kodi with version 20200201 . With versions 20200205 and 20200127 nvme not found never. If I copy fdt file from version 0201 to 0205, then with it nvme is also present after run kodi.

Edited once, last by rua1 (February 12, 2020 at 7:59 AM).

• v20200211 on SDcard as is (only replace config to rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb)

Display Spoiler

STORAGE on mmcblk1p2

Edited once, last by rua1 (February 12, 2020 at 8:01 AM).

• After replacing file rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb from v20200201, nvme found at [ 19.818350] after mounting storage (mmcblk1p13) at [ 17.452574]

... nvme is included in module, not a kernel?

p.s. with fdt others versions strings "pci" and "nvme" in dmesg are missing

Edited once, last by rua1 (February 12, 2020 at 2:50 PM).

• Which dtb do I have to use for h96 max rk3399 box?

And one more question: is there any build based on stable libreelec? There are some problems with a number of add-ons on kodi19

Upd. Install2emmc script no longer works. The only reason I've been choosing this build

Edited 2 times, last by Patkino (February 14, 2020 at 7:50 AM).

• v20200211 on SDcard as is (only replace config to rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb)

Did I understand correctly that you didn't add a u-boot to the SD card and the system started with the current u-boot ?

p.s. with fdt others versions strings "pci" and "nvme" in dmesg are missing

Use the latest versions, where NVMe is defined on RockPI4b.

Which dtb do I have to use for h96 max rk3399 box?

I don't have such equipment, I don't test it.

Install2emmc script no longer works.

The image contains incorrect scripts. This has been fixed in the new images.