Lag with TVHE

• Hello,

I'm sorry for my English, I'm French.

I allow myself to come to you following some problems that I encounter when playing a TV channel.

I said that until a few "months" / "weeks ago" I had absolutely no concern about reading the TV.

For information.

My HTPC runs with

Motherboard: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H

CPU: Intel Core i3 530

Ram: 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz

I have the part with TVHeadEnd on a raspberry PI3 which is totally dedicated.

The Kodi part is realized with LibreElec

The installation is wired.

In 95% of cases the reception of the TV is going very well.

On the other hand from time to time I find myself in the evening (for example when I look at SWAT on TF1) with a lag on the image that can be more and more pronounced until I stop my HTPC.

Do you have any idea what it can be?

On my side I have 3 hypotheses:

1 - TVHE jokes for a reason X and can not send me the flow -> Hypothesis HS because I put my laptop wifi on the same stream at the same time and I do not meet the phenomenon

2 - Problem on my switch that would not manage to send me the flow -> I have a doubt

3 - My 3rd hypothesis seems to me more correct. Would the TNT feed have not changed?

Indeed I have the impression that my Intel Core i3 530 processor, which is now 9 years old, can not decode "cleanly" the flow or start to pick it up.

What do you think ?

If it is this 3rd hypothesis, what do you advise me?

- Just add a graphic card a Geforce GT1030 for example

- Or completely change the motherboard, processor and ram, in order to go on an Intel UHD Graphics 630 chipset

If you have other ideas I'm interested.

Thank you in advance for your return.

Michael

• I run my tvheadend server and client on an Intel Atom + Nvidia ION machine, so hardware should not be the issue. When trying to set up my tvheadend server for IPTV channels in germany I ran into some issues as well. I fixed them by piping the stream through ffmpeg like this:

(you probably have to install the addon ffmpeg-tools first)

Code
    pipe:///storage/.kodi/addons/tools.ffmpeg-tools/bin/ffmpeg -loglevel fatal -re -i <STREAM_URL> -vcodec copy -acodec copy -metadata service_provider=Streams -metadata service_name=<CHANNEL_NAME> -mpegts_service_type advanced_codec_digital_sdtv -f mpegts pipe:1

replace <STREAM_URL> with the livestream url of your channel and <CHANNEL_NAME> with the service name you used in tvheadend.

• I run my tvheadend server and client on an Intel Atom + Nvidia ION machine, so hardware should not be the issue. When trying to set up my tvheadend server for IPTV channels in germany I ran into some issues as well. I fixed them by piping the stream through ffmpeg like this:

(you probably have to install the addon ffmpeg-tools first)

Code
    pipe:///storage/.kodi/addons/tools.ffmpeg-tools/bin/ffmpeg -loglevel fatal -re -i <STREAM_URL> -vcodec copy -acodec copy -metadata service_provider=Streams -metadata service_name=<CHANNEL_NAME> -mpegts_service_type advanced_codec_digital_sdtv -f mpegts pipe:1

replace <STREAM_URL> with the livestream url of your channel and <CHANNEL_NAME> with the service name you used in tvheadend.

Where do you set this?

Does this solve the 100% cpu when running x265 movies?