LibreElec, RPi4 & Raspberry Pi Display (touchscreen)

• Hello,

I recently purchased the new Smarti Pi Touch 2 case for use with the Raspberry Pi Display and the RPi4, and I've been attempting to setup LibreElec. When it boots to LibreElec, it remains on the Kodi splash screen and doesn't advance beyond it, but only if the Raspberry Pi Display is connected to the RPi4. If it's disconnected, and if a HDMI display is connected to the RPi4, when booting into LibreElec, it advances beyond the Kodi splash screen. Is there any setup that needs to be done within LibreElec in order for it to display properly to a connected Raspberry Pi Display on the RPi4?

Thanks.

• Hi,

i have the exact same problemm and currently no clue how to solve this. If i connect both, Touch Display and an HDMI display it boots correctly into LibreELEC. I did not have to time yet to do further troubleshooting. Did you succeed in setting this up / solving this issue?

The only differences to you is that i am running the official 7" Touch Display by element14.

Thanks in advance,

Flo

What really helped was this thread:

RPi4 Composite out not working

My Pi 4 with Touch Display 7" is now running nightly build of today. When LibreELEC provides an successor

to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.1.501.img that fixes this bug, i will change back from the nightly build.

In the meantime let's see, what bugs i will run into.

Edited 2 times, last by flokuehn38: Seems to coincide with the composite output bug. (October 22, 2019 at 11:22 AM).

• The Raspberry Pi Display that I have is also the official 7" touchscreen display. I also have found that if both a HDMI display is connected along with the 7" touchscreen display, it does get past the Kodi splash screen. Because of this, with the current release build, I've had to connect a HDMI display so that Kodi would come up all the way on the touchscreen display, and it does get annoying having to do this after a while.

I'll try a nightly build from test.libreelec.tv and see what happens with that one. Thanks for the info.