My Libreelec is not capable of Dolby Digital Plus DD+ passthrough on Raspberry!

• Official Post

Audio is working, so no idea what you mean by DD+ default values...

I didn't said that. I was talking about "suggested default values", which of course refers to my statement before (posting #28).
    Do you mean, DD+ is working on Netflix now, and my suggestion of posting #28 was successful?

mglae:

Yes, I was interested in that E-AC-3 setting line too, because DD+ actually is E-AC-3. I figured out that a reboot will always set this value back to "false", if one tries to edit it. So, my conclusion is that we are not talking about DD+/E-AC-3 pass-through here, because other RPi users got it working.

• Da Flex,

no I don't have DD+ with the suggested settings. Neither on Netflix nor anywhere else. I have answered your post in #29 and also noggin did and it works that way.

If you disable passthrough you will get by Kodi decoded PCM sound. It is a possibility to get sound working, but not they way I want it.

Also you are wrong with the eac3 setting, which is of course DD+ and a visible setting in the audio section and the only switch to deal with if you want to handle DD+. It won't get disabled after reboot. And it is disabled in my settings because I did so. And I did so because

"My Libreelec is not capable of Dolby Digital Plus DD+ passthrough on Raspberry"

• sure

• Official Post

Also you are wrong with the eac3 setting, which is of course DD+ and a visible setting in the audio section and the only switch to deal with if you want to handle DD+.

1. Set your skin to default, and DD+ is not visible as a pass-through setting. It's invisible for a reason.
    2. Check the real values of guisettings.xml (cat command).
    3. Copy a guisettings.xml from someone who got DD+ working.
  • Maybe just get a spare SD card and do a fresh install. It will save a lot of time and if you were so inclined you could even try some older versions of LE to see if you are experiencing a regression.

I will post my guisettings.xml if it helps.

• Sure, I will post it shortly.

I notice in your settings above that you have the close-tag <defaultaudiosettings /> but I cannot see a correspoding start-tag. (line 358)
    I don't know if it is in any way relevant.

• I notice in your settings above that you have the close-tag <defaultaudiosettings /> but I cannot see a correspoding start-tag. (line 358)

I don't know if it is in any way relevant.

An element with no content can be a start-tag immediately followed by an end-tag. Called self-closing tags

• I've read through this thread but I'm not understanding everything.

Is dolby digital now possible with Netflix for example?

Single files are recognized by the amplifier (with pass through ON) but with Netflix or other add-ons the system changes to PCM.

configuration:

Raspberry PI4 with hifiberry spdif , Matrix, old AV receiver/amplifier (Sony) recognized DD, DTS and PCM.

thanks for your time