Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Please test following update: libreelec-h3.arm-9.80-devel-20191016073755-dfedcdb.tar

If it works, I'll make a PR.

Yes. No. No. There were made some attempts to do something to be able to disable CEC, but nothing that made it to mainline. Current idea by maintainers is to add DT flag to mark it as unusable. I might do it in the future, but currently I'm more focused to video stuff. You can however build your own image and disable CEC driver in kernel.

will test the btrfs tonight and let you know.

Regarding cec no big issue its just rendering dmesg useless without grep... Use your skills where they bring the most and what brings you the most fun ;) your work is very much appreciated.

• You didn't say what kind of the problems. I'm using OrangePi 3 with LG TV and I can say that CEC works fine, it's used every time I test H6 image. Bluetooth was also tested once with my LG G3 phone and it worked at that time. I guess I'll have to test it again.

With HDMI CEC I have the problem of changing channels with Tvheadend. The cursor keys I used with the H3 are not recognized. And Bluetooth is not detected by Libreelec Thanks

• jernej

I checked it out and btrfs is working as expected.

Just stumbled over an issue with some of the movie files on there: mostly vertically oriented files taken by mobile end up either just 90° rotated or aspect ratio of height and width inverted sometimes both combined.

I doubt it's allwinner related however. I have a pretty short clip without any privacy issues. Should I share it somehow?

Edit: sent link by pm

I checked also some videos from my old nexus 5x where the ccd was mounted upside down. All videos are recorded upside down and as I understand it there's a hint in the meta data telling a player who can handle it that its recorded upside down. Unfortunately all videos are upside down unless I remembered this while shooting and kept the mobile upside down...

Interestingly the preview thumbnails are always shown in the right orientation and aspect ratio.

In case this should be non allwinner related where should I post it best?

Edited 2 times, last by lumpi (October 16, 2019 at 11:20 PM).

• Kristian Can you check previous posts for test update which should solve exactly the issue you described? I'll PR that (temporary) fix until I redo VPU improvements.

I tried with libreelec-h3.arm-9.80-devel-20191001231944-47bf1cb.tar

and yippie!!!, it works :thumbup::) :cool:

Thanks for your amazing work, jernej ! What do you mean with PR? You hold it back from the normal version? I assume you inform here when you integrate the fix into it, as I will stay with the version that works for the time being and don't do any updates.

Have a fantastic Sunday!

• What do you mean with PR?

PR stands for Pull Request its in git version management tool a way to inform the maintainer (libre elec in this case) that you have something you would like them to include in their software.

So jernej means he informs libreelec to take over his fix out of his own test version. As he thinks its important enough to be included in Libre Elec until a proper fix is developed.

• Hello,

First, jernej thanks for all your work on getting LE working for the A64. It means my Kickstarter Pine A64 is actually a nice LE device instead of just collecting dust.

I do have one issue so far: I only get noise from Spotify (from Marcel Veldt's repo). It doesn't matter what song, there is only a screeching sound that comes through the TV speakers (HDMI connection). I get perfect audio from Youtube and other video add ons that I've tried; it's only Spotify that has this behaviour.

I think the Spotify add on is fine as it has worked for me on a Raspberry pi zero. The performance was very slow due to the slower processor and smaller RAM of the pi zero, but otherwise the music was fine. I've checked if other people have reported similar issues as I'm having with the A64 but can't find anything.

Any help at all is appreciated.

-Rameses

Edited once, last by ramesesjd (October 20, 2019 at 10:06 PM).

• ramesesjd Can you check if it works fine trough headphone jack? I'm not sure if audio passtrough settings have any effect here, but make sure that audio passtrough is disabled. If it works trough headphones and audio passtrough is disabled, then it's possible you have same issue as it was already reported here. I don't know how to fix it as I don't have any issues with HDMI audio on any of my devices.

• First of all I would like to express my thanks to jernej for all the hard work. I have been using libreelec on an Orange Pi PC specifically for almost a year now, and it's the only project which works with the latest Kodi and Netflix. I recently updated due to a corrupt SD card and the new nightly image (LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20191018-31cb9c0-orangepi-pc.img.gz) is running really hot, from bootup. I am downgrading back to the image which worked for me for so long, (LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-devel-20190324131249-b764cb6-orangepi_pc.img.gz) - to avoid a fire.

My questions are:

1. Is this ok from a security standpoint

2. I know that previously the Orange Pi PC was underclocked to 1ghz because of lack of thermal monitoring, has this changed now? Just wondering why the temperature suddenly went up.

• I guess not. Can you determine if this is Allwinner only issue? This sounds like platform independent issue, but it still may be.

Two options to remove usb safely, when I click on the first one device stays listed but when I go back and then resume drive is not listed anymore. When second entry for remove safely is hit device disappear as expected. No pop-up windows for both options. I think it's only a cosmetic issue, nothing serious. LE remembers playing time for all the videos from usb when it's disconnected and connected again.

First of all I would like to express my thanks to jernej for all the hard work. I have been using libreelec on an Orange Pi PC specifically for almost a year now, and it's the only project which works with the latest Kodi and Netflix. I recently updated due to a corrupt SD card and the new nightly image (LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20191018-31cb9c0-orangepi-pc.img.gz) is running really hot, from bootup. I am downgrading back to the image which worked for me for so long, (LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-devel-20190324131249-b764cb6-orangepi_pc.img.gz) - to avoid a fire.

My questions are:

1. Is this ok from a security standpoint

2. I know that previously the Orange Pi PC was underclocked to 1ghz because of lack of thermal monitoring, has this changed now? Just wondering why the temperature suddenly went up.

I haven't experienced heating issue on the latest nightly I'm using (October 17 build). My Opi is running in a case that is sealed pretty well, case gets slightly warm on the touch when playing more intensive stuff (I have a heatsink installed on a cpu though).

Edited 2 times, last by jdww (October 22, 2019 at 2:42 PM).

• Ok thanks jdww for the feedback, I managed to salvage my corrupt SD card by copying the contents to a new SD card, amazingly this worked, saving me the effort of setting up again. I don't have a heat sink but with the old March build running I can put my finger on the cpu and it's hardly warm, unlike the latest nightly where it was burning hot. Living in a hot climate the temperature is a real concern!

Anyway, Netflix is up and running again, and the family is happy once more. That's the main thing.

I am going to have a look for the source on github and see if I can find the reason it's heating up for me, if I have time. Not sure if my laptop has the resources to build this whole project from source, though!

• ramesesjd Can you check if it works fine trough headphone jack? I'm not sure if audio passtrough settings have any effect here, but make sure that audio passtrough is disabled. If it works trough headphones and audio passtrough is disabled, then it's possible you have same issue as it was already reported here. I don't know how to fix it as I don't have any issues with HDMI audio on any of my devices.

I tried this, but the sound is the same coming through the headphone jack, however I don't have any option to enable or disable audio passthrough. There is nothing displayed below 'Audio Passtrhough' on the Settings/System menu.

EDIT: Like @andre_726, I have a Samsung TV that my Pine A64+ is connected to via HDMI. Unlike that user, though, I am able to get audio from all sources besides Spotify. Unfortunately I don't have another HDMI screen to see if this is only a problem on this particular make/model.

Cheers

-R

Edited 2 times, last by ramesesjd: Added detail about audio passthrough (October 23, 2019 at 5:16 AM).

• Good day! guys tell me please. I am a new user of orange pi3 and kodi in general. Since I'm a complete beginner, I barely managed to install everything. two days installed in the evenings after work))) Question! LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20191022-9abd690-orangepi-3.img.gz can I make it Russian? in localization, only English is available. Thank!