Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Hi Jernej

I've just accidentally discovered that my Orange Pi PC (loaded with libreelec image) reboots when:

1. For radio addon: from chorus web interface or kodi remote app quickly change to another station without waiting for the previous station to comes up, the orange pi pc reboots when I change to third or fourth station.

2. For youtube addon: from chorus web interface or cast from mobile device quickly change to another video without waiting for the previous video to start showing, the orange pi pc reboots when I change to third or fourth video.

Can you suggest where should I check for the cause and maybe for the fix for this? Sorry for bothering about this. I can simply fix by slowing down :) but quite curious about the cause. This symtom doesn't happen with openlec image.

Note: I'm a happy user (openelec image previously and now libreelec image) for years. Thanks for your wonderful work.

• Which image? the one I linked? if yes, then yeah, that image still has that issue. However, if you build your image from source, it should work.

You were right, the image was old. The ethernet reboot is fixed on master

It would be best to add them to U-Boot and Linux kernel (not the same DT files are used for now). You can make pull request against Libreelec master with necessary updates to opi3 patches.

Finally made the pull request, I took me a lot of time to build and test the image but is done. Pull request #3558

Also, I'm interested in the orange pi 3 nightly builds.

• Official Post

supportvem Can you provide detailed logs? Currently I don't have much time to work on that.

boatfreak Currently there is no support for DT overlays to enable additional functionality like hats you linked. Hopefully I'll have time to add support for them soon. I'm also not sure if there is appropriate driver for stereo audio DAC board. Regarding bluetooth/wifi module, I suggest you use something else, Realtek drivers are pain to maintain and we will probably stop supporting them in near future. Use non-Realtek USB dongles instead.

Gatuno I merged your PR, thanks! Nightly builds for OrangePi 3 should be available soon. I think build machine was fixed today.

• Hi there! I installed the latest image on Orange Pi 3. All functions work great. But there is one problem. If you watch the movie directly on my Android TV with a flash drive picture is great, but if the same movie look at Orange PI 3 + LibreElec the picture is much darker. In the dark side of picture detailes not visible even though the setting of the TV brightness and contrast are at default.

In Kodi settings, I found a truncated RGB limited range (16-235) - this partially help me, but not completely from the default image is still much darker. How to fix?

need to adjust RGB gamma or RGB profile? Is LibreELEC have something it?

• Hello ilchenko !

Is your Orange pi 3 connected directly to your TV or you pass thru an AVR ? I have a Pine H64 and it work correctly connected directly to the TV but when I pass thru an AVR I have not images. I am curious to know if the Orange Pi 3 react the same way.

• Hello ilchenko !

Is your Orange pi 3 connected directly to your TV or you pass thru an AVR ? I have a Pine H64 and it work correctly connected directly to the TV but when I pass thru an AVR I have not images. I am curious to know if the Orange Pi 3 react the same way.

Hi, i have drictly conntection. When I get home after work I will try to take a photo of the TV to show the difference

• Hi, i have drictly conntection. When I get home after work I will try to take a photo of the TV to show the difference

Actually, I have just noticed the same darker picture. In my case, I also have an Amlogic S905X box, and video playback (using same TV brightness, colour, contrast settings and HDMI port etc) is darker with Tanix TX6 (this also uses H6 SoC).

It's most noticeable in dark scenes - the S905X retains the details but the Tanix TX6 does not. If needed, I can also capture images to show the differences.

• Actually, I have just noticed the same darker picture. In my case, I also have an Amlogic S905X box, and video playback (using same TV brightness, colour, contrast settings and HDMI port etc) is darker with Tanix TX6 (this also uses H6 SoC).

It's most noticeable in dark scenes - the S905X retains the details but the Tanix TX6 does not. If needed, I can also capture images to show the differences.

Use limited output.