Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Gass  jdww it seems that boot procedure is stalled if there is no working network connection in current nightly image. If board has ethernet connector, I suggest to connect it for now until issue is solved. If there is only wifi, there is possibility to manually add config for it over console but I'm not sure how to do that.

EDIT: Fix was just merged, next nightly image should boot normally. Actually this fix solves several issues.

Yes, I tested several videos H264 HD, SD XviD, AVC. (XviD videos are also jerky).

AVC is just another name for H264. XviD is not HW decoded (see OP).

First I have to say that LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-nightly-20200426-65f515b-bananapi (oldest I have) works quite well.

This is extremely old build and many packages were updated from that time. I guess some kernel change is at fault but I have no clue which one.

• AVC is just another name for H264. XviD is not HW decoded (see OP).

Thanks for the reply, yes, it was for information only. BTW this XviD plays on this very old firmware smoother than on the latest.

This is extremely old build and many packages were updated from that time. I guess some kernel change is at fault but I have no clue which one.

I've tried to build some newer firmware myself, but this old one works best for me (except for HD DVB-S2 playback).

• Gass  jdww it seems that boot procedure is stalled if there is no working network connection in current nightly image. If board has ethernet connector, I suggest to connect it for now until issue is solved. If there is only wifi, there is possibility to manually add config for it over console but I'm not sure how to do that.

EDIT: Fix was just merged, next nightly image should boot normally. Actually this fix solves several issues.

AVC is just another name for H264. XviD is not HW decoded (see OP).

1. I updated to 20201016 and the boot problem seems to be gone.

2. Now I have the following problem: the tv remote doesn't work. I think the CEC settings may have been deleted. Is there a way to reinitialize the CEC settings?

Logs: Kodi, Crash, dmesg.

EDIT:

Most posts are not moderated. I suggest you remove links from your signature, it's probably the reason why system puts your posts in moderation queue.

Well, I have removed the links and I still get it. Now that I think about it, it was like that from the get-go... it's not a problem for me, I was just commenting on it... anyway, in this case I'll return the version with the links.

• Same here on my RPi3+ . Boot works now without LAN connected but CEC is not working. Posted here too.

Thanks,

Jx-

• BTW this XviD plays on this very old firmware smoother than on the latest.

Possible. Note that there is zero guarantee about performance of SW decoded video.

2. Now I have the following problem: the tv remote doesn't work. I think the CEC settings may have been deleted. Is there a way to reinitialize the CEC settings?

Nothing in the logs, I'll test images with TV a bit later...

Well, I have removed the links and I still get it.

Let me rephrase it. If you include links to external sites, it's very likely your post will be put in moderation queue. It seems that you almost always post link to some kind of log...

• Hi I can confirm problem with wifi connection not asking for password and this is what I get in log:

Bluetooth paring is also not working.

Hope this will help.

I can confirm that there is no way to enter a wifi password on a fresh install too.

Using RPi3 Model B and LibreELEC nightly: RPi2.arm-9.80-nightly-20201017-c5a4c7d

• Let me rephrase it. If you include links to external sites, it's very likely your post will be put in moderation queue. It seems that you almost always post link to some kind of log...

Forgot to say I also have this message:

But to be honest I don't really care, so let's leave it at that. Thank you for trying to clarity it :)

On the more important side - I tried 20201018 and the TV remote issues seem to be gone (only after a fresh install though, or in my case - upgrade directly from 20200905, because of the wifi password issue). But there is another issue now (well, since a few commits ago - I think it started around 2020105), there is a problem with the addons. It's a bit difficult to explain, but I install the youtube addon, it works, then after a restart it's gone from the UI, if I reinstall it it works again, but funnily enough it there is a "reinstall" prompt.. so it might be a UI issue... also something similar is happening with the Weather addons (Gizmeteo might be broken for different reasons, but Oz Weather works, until I restart - after that it disappears from all lists and effectively I have no Weather info at all). Here are some logs:

http://ix.io/2B99 -> system log after installing youtube

http://ix.io/2B9a -> crash log after installing youtube

http://ix.io/2B9b -> system log after install and restart

http://ix.io/2B9c -> crash log after install and restart

Is there anything I can do to provide more info about those issues (password and addons)? Is it possible for me to somehow help with bug fixing?

• Is there anything I can do to provide more info about those issues (password and addons)? Is it possible for me to somehow help with bug fixing?

Wifi password issue is known and it's due to update to Python 3.8. In order to fix it, part of LE settings addon has to be rewritten and it's actually strange that it worked so long (dbus library used by addon was deprecated long time ago). However, this will take some time. Two possible workarounds - build your own image with downgraded python or set up wifi over ssh (I believe it can be done with connmanctl, but I'm not 100% sure)

Regarding youtube - I don't know what is the issue, I don't test addons (way too many of them). I know that Kodi update in nightly images is right around the corner (PR is already open)) and it may solve the issue. However, it may be that addon is not at fault - I get occasional crashes on OrangePi 3, when I start playback of video file. I was unable to debug it for now. But I don't see any issue on Tanix TX6, which is also H6. I'll invest some more time into this but I can't say when.

BTW, crashlog you posted is missing actual Kodi crashlog. Can you retrieve it from /storage/.kodi/temp ?

• Can you share the file LibreELEC-A20.arm-9.80-nightly-20200426-65f515b-bananapi ?

• On the more important side - I tried 20201018 and the TV remote issues seem to be gone (only after a fresh install though, or in my case - upgrade directly from 20200905, because of the wifi password issue).

I tried the same on my Rpi 3+ with LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.80-nightly-20201018-ec1292b but CEC is not working yet. Tried fresh install and upgrade from Milhouse build 20200718, where CEC is working fine.

Cheers,

Jx-

• Wifi password issue is known and it's due to update to Python 3.8. In order to fix it, part of LE settings addon has to be rewritten and it's actually strange that it worked so long (dbus library used by addon was deprecated long time ago). However, this will take some time. Two possible workarounds - build your own image with downgraded python or set up wifi over ssh (I believe it can be done with connmanctl, but I'm not 100% sure)

For those that want to compile a version that "fixes" this issue this is what you have to do:

1. Follow the official compiling instructions and stop before the "make" command for your board.
    2. Run the next command to revert the specific commit that upgrades Python to 3.8 (be sure you are inside the "LibreELEC.tv" directory): Unfortunately, reverting the commit is not enough since there is another bug where the addons disappear after a reboot, which means that the best workaround is to rebase using the commit preceding the change:
      git checkout 27d6021a3a897e627426a6d5589320d9927c6f2f
    3. A text editor will automatically open in the terminal after executing the last command, uncomment the lines with the changes, save the changes and quit.
    4. Up to this point the commit should be reverted, in order to check it open the file "package.mk" in the "http://LibreELEC.tv/packages/lang/Python3/", it should have the next line:
      PKG_VERSION="3.7.8"
    5. Now you can continue with the compiling process by executing the respective "make" command for your board.

I would upload a working image to a file sharing service (for the newbies) but I'm not sure if that's against the forum rules or not. Can I do that? If I'm permitted to do that I will edit the post accordingly. Here is a working image I just built based on the commit I mentioned in the instructions (sha256 hash here) : https://mega.nz/file/3sVmSTIQ#…LVpzHc5LTBftLao

Edited 2 times, last by JORGETECH (October 20, 2020 at 12:24 AM).

• Wifi password issue is known and it's due to update to Python 3.8. In order to fix it, part of LE settings addon has to be rewritten and it's actually strange that it worked so long (dbus library used by addon was deprecated long time ago). However, this will take some time. Two possible workarounds - build your own image with downgraded python or set up wifi over ssh (I believe it can be done with connmanctl, but I'm not 100% sure)

Is this already being worked on? Is there any issue or pull request where I can follow the progress?