Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• jernej !

I tried your release for the Pine H64. I always have the same problem, when I connect the Pine H64 to my AVR I have no image on my TV, even with that version.

If my Pine H64 is conneted directly to the TV everything work fine.

I will do some test directly connected to the TV to test HDR content later today.

• jernej !

I did more tests on your last test image for Pine H64.

- I am able to listen a lot more 4k HDR contents then before

- My pine H64 triggered correctly the HDR on My TV. So, when I start an HDR content, my TV display the logo HDR content is playing

- The colorspace BT.2020 is not triggered when I listen a HDR movie. That's not good.

- I am unable to play REMUX movie, I have a green screen.

- Once I tried to play a Remux movie, I am unable the start any other HDR content, even contents that played correctly before.

- A bug probalby related to Kodi 19 Alpha, I am unable to start my Pine H64 with my mariadb server. No database migration, I am just stuck on the Kodi screen.

- And, a problem you already know, I am unable to use my Pine H64 passing through my AVR. Maybe this problem will be corrected with Kernel 5.2... For me it's a big handicap.

• Tried the Orange PI PC image and it looks like it is working quite well.

I spotted something that doesn't look right to me:

* The Orange PI PC device tree operating points table has only three states, and the fastest is 1.0 Ghz. As far as I remember, the SoC was supposed to run up to 1.5Ghz @ 1.3volts

* There is no cpufreq driver built in the kernel. Is it expected?

* About CEC, there is a Kodi thread that apparently is using a lot of cpu time related to CEC. Doing a strace over it seems to continously scan the /sys directory in search for something and never stops. Maybe there's something missing to let it find the proper CEC device to listen to

• Tried the Orange PI PC image and it looks like it is working quite well.

I spotted something that doesn't look right to me:

* The Orange PI PC device tree operating points table has only three states, and the fastest is 1.0 Ghz. As far as I remember, the SoC was supposed to run up to 1.5Ghz @ 1.3volts

* About CEC, there is a Kodi thread that apparently is using a lot of cpu time related to CEC. Doing a strace over it seems to continously scan the /sys directory in search for something and never stops. Maybe there's something missing to let it find the proper CEC device to listen to

Yep is see the PeripBusCEC using a lot of CPU, and I have a CEC enabled TV.

• Hi all,

First, thank you for all the time and work you all have put into this, I am just learning about these devices and appreciate all the support on these forums. I recently bought a Pine H 64 model B but am having trouble getting it to boot with a libreelec image. Sorry if this is obvious but are the images listed as "H6/pine_h64" compatible with the model B? When I flash the image to the SD card and power on I just get a steady green light but no hdmi output. Please let me know if there is anything I should try or if I am using the wrong image.

• Hi xyzzy7

I am able to run Librelec image on my Pine H64 model B. Is your Pine H64 is connected directly to the TV ? Or is it plug in an AVR ?

It need to be plug directly to the TV, it not work passing through an AVR.

• Hi guys. I have a Chinese tv box, m18 with an allwinner h3, but I can not make it boot in bootloader or fastboot. I should be able to do this by unplugging the power, pressing the reset button and plugging in the power plug into the audio plug, but only the orange led remains on and never turns blue, without a signal on the TV. If on the contrary, I plug the power and immediately press the reset button, makes a wipe leaving the factory settings, but without root. Could someone help me? I'm from Argentina, and I communicate thanks to the google translator. Know excuse this. Thank you!

• Code
    2019-06-02 21:00:00.710 T:3008897040   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
    2019-06-02 21:00:00.710 T:3008897040   ERROR: RetroPlayer[SAVE]: Failed to load savestate
    2019-06-02 21:00:01.270 T:3008897040   ERROR: RetroPlayer[RENDER]: Creating renderer for OpenGLES
    2019-06-02 21:00:01.289 T:2980615040 WARNING: CAESinkAlsa::InitializeHW - Using default alsa values - set failed
    2019-06-02 21:00:01.306 T:2980615040 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
    2019-06-02 21:00:01.306 T:2980615040   ERROR: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - no sink was returned
    2019-06-02 21:00:01.307 T:2989007744   ERROR: ActiveAE::InitSink - returned error
    2019-06-02 21:00:01.307 T:2989007744 WARNING: CActiveAE::StateMachine - signal: 10 from port: OutputControlPort not handled for state: 2

I get this error when trying to play NES games, no sound, but works perfectly for movies and the GUI :(

• Hi xyzzy7

I am able to run Librelec image on my Pine H64 model B. Is your Pine H64 is connected directly to the TV ? Or is it plug in an AVR ?

It need to be plug directly to the TV, it not work passing through an AVR.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am connecting directly to my TV and not going through an AVR. Which image did you use? I am very new to this and am probably missing something simple. Is there a base image I need to have before using the nightly builds? I tried using etcher to put the latest nightly build onto an SD card but wasn't sure if I need to do something else first.

• Official Post

Yeah, that's mainline issue due to missing temperature monitor driver. 1.5Ghz @ 1.3volts is actually already a overclocking, more like 1.3 GHz would be maximum. Anyway, you don't need any of that extra speed if you watch videos which are HW decoded.

I have to check that.

Can you check if this is related to tinkerboard: disable 5s polling for CEC adapters by viulian · Pull Request #3506 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub ?

• Hello.

As an addition to my issue with Audio not working on HDMI OPPC+: As I read all posts on this forum I notice solution to change resolution 1080p to 1080i.

Strange! But when I changed from 1080p to 1080i audio start working on HDMI and looks like HDMI Pass Trough is working also.

• Yeah, that's mainline issue due to missing temperature monitor driver. 1.5Ghz @ 1.3volts is actually already a overclocking, more like 1.3 GHz would be maximum. Anyway, you don't need any of that extra speed if you watch videos which are HW decoded.

I agree, 1Ghz should be more than enough for most workloads.

Can you check if this is related to tinkerboard: disable 5s polling for CEC adapters by viulian · Pull Request #3506 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub ?

After a quick read of the issue description, I bet it is the issue. Looking at the patches, the affected source file quite matches the name of the offending thread

• Yeah, that's mainline issue due to missing temperature monitor driver. 1.5Ghz @ 1.3volts is actually already a overclocking, more like 1.3 GHz would be maximum. Anyway, you don't need any of that extra speed if you watch videos which are HW decoded.

I have to check that.

Compiling with a similar patch fixes the problem.