Nightly images for A20, A64, H3, H5 and H6 boards

• So I am wondering if the UI slowness just due to the weak GPU on the Orange Pi PC or should I be looking for other problems?

GPU doesn't run at highest speed ATM, PR to fix that will be merged in following days, maybe even today.

• masteripper

Here is relevant line:

zd1211rw 3-1:1.0: couldn't load firmware. Error number -2

So driver works, it just can't find proper firmware. I check what FW is needed. In the mean time, do you have another dongle to try?

• masteripper

Here is relevant line:

zd1211rw 3-1:1.0: couldn't load firmware. Error number -2

So driver works, it just can't find proper firmware. I check what FW is needed. In the mean time, do you have another dongle to try?

Sorry only one available for the time being.

• Sorry only one available for the time being.

No problem, I found needed firmwares and already made pull request. It will need few days to get to nightly images, though (if everything checks out).

• levitsky86 Sorry, but I can't help you much with these two issues. First one seems like TV fault, but I can't tell anything for second one.

Jernej, anyway, thanks for your help! I would try to investigate the problem myself...

• masteripper Please test this image: LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-devel-20200406193658-656a0e2-beelink-x2.img.gz

It should have proper FW included. I need a confirmation it works, otherwise there will be no reason to merge it.

Support level varies and mostly depends how I feel currently :)

Thanks a lot jernej

I can confirm it works fine in terms of connectivity..the USB dongle was picked just fine and connection was made.

Side note:

Does Samba has an issue...i am trying to browse the network and it returns blank..i even lowered SMB to ver1 but no chance.

I tried to add the Network location by hand but no go "Software caused abort"

Any ideas on this.

• Hi JerneJ!

I still can't play videos through the Apple airplay function, but only music even with this latest version and nightly update. When I turn the switch to play videos in the services menu my phone can't find LibreELEC to stream videos. When I turn that switch off again my phone finds it but only sound is streamed to my Kodi. Is there any solution?

• Hi JerneJ!

I still can't play videos through the Apple airplay function, but only music even with this latest version and nightly update. When I turn the switch to play videos in the services menu my phone can't find LibreELEC to stream videos. When I turn that switch off again my phone finds it but only sound is streamed to my Kodi. Is there any solution?

Kodi supports video playback from iOS 8 devices or older. Since then the video protocol changed and Kodi Airplay support became restricted to audio only. If one of the open-source streaming libraries (re)gains support for video Kodi can look at updating things. Until then .. Apple thanks you for funding their locked and proprietary "must pay a $fee to Apple to exist" ecosystem. If you read the help text in the services menu (which I authored) the reason for the toggle switch is clearly described.

• I prepared test image for OrangePi Lite2. If responses are positive, I'll merge it upstream.

Image: LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-devel-20200404212626-7a86df9-orangepi-lite2.img.gz

Sources: GitHub - jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv at updates

I tested this for about 2 days.

I have one issue which is not present on the OrangePi3.

When I connected the board to a 4K TV, it started in 1080p, after I changed the resolution to 4K, everything worked fine.

Once every 2-3 reboots it switches to 1080p and I have to change back to 4K from the settings menu.

On Raspberry 4B I haven't encountered this neither on OrangePi3.

4K playback is ok, wi-fi is better, no more failed autoconnects after reboot. Everything seems fine.

• AugustinPRIME Thanks for testing. PR was already merged, so I'll soon remove that test image because nightly image for OrangePi Lite2 is already available for download.

Your 4K/1080p issue seems interesting. I have no idea how this could happen. Can you give output of "modetest -c", "dmesg" and kodi log when it starts in 1080p?

• Kodi supports video playback from iOS 8 devices or older. Since then the video protocol changed and Kodi Airplay support became restricted to audio only. If one of the open-source streaming libraries (re)gains support for video Kodi can look at updating things. Until then .. Apple thanks you for funding their locked and proprietary "must pay a $fee to Apple to exist" ecosystem. If you read the help text in the services menu (which I authored) the reason for the toggle switch is clearly described.

Chewitt, thanks for your explanations. I have read your help text, but in Russian its meaning is translated vise versa (concernig the word "старше" - "Older" in English in that context in russian it means higher number, but not lower)! ^^

• PR was already merged, so I'll soon remove that test image because nightly image for OrangePi Lite2 is already available for download.

I downloaded a new image for OPi Lite 2 and made an upate. Unfortunately, it could not be used. Always the GUI gets stuck in some place and then it is no longer possible to get away.

I tried to do a clean installation, but that didn't help. The result was the same.

I captured the behavior on the video.

What you see there is when you press one cursor key (just one press) ...

I had to return to the LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-devel-20200404212626-7a86df9-orangepi-lite2.img.gz test image.