Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Dear Jernej,

I have few questions. How can I disable the CEC support? My Apple TV turns on every time I power up Orange Pi and I suppose that CEC is a problem.

And is there any way to enable Wake On Lan using mobile app? When I press the button it says that the command is executed, but the board doesn't turn on.

And would I need to recompile th PVR Simple client Add-on every time after I update from Nithtly updated and/or to set up all settings again?

Many thanks for your hard work!

Edited once, last by levitsky86 (April 5, 2020 at 12:55 PM).

• Hi.

Help please.

How enable TV out in Orange Pi PC Plus?

It's described on the first page under Limitations:

- no support for TV out

---

This signature will remain inaccessible for others until approved by the great Chinese firewall. :evil:

Edited once, last by userfame (April 6, 2020 at 12:37 PM).

• Official Post

I have few questions. How can I disable the CEC support? My Apple TV turns on every time I power up Orange Pi and I suppose that CEC is a problem.

Yes, this happens due to CEC. Check input settings, CEC related settings are there.

And is there any way to enable Wake On Lan using mobile app? When I press the button it says that the command is executed, but the board doesn't turn on.

No, sleep/wakeup in any way (button, remote, wol) is not currently supported. It may be in future.

And would I need to recompile th PVR Simple client Add-on every time after I update from Nithtly updated and/or to set up all settings again?

No, addon interface doesn't change so often. I think you're good for some time. At least until Kodi is updated in nightly images, maybe more. Settings should be preserved across updates. Not sure what happens to addon settings if addon is updated.

• No, addon interface doesn't change so often. I think you're good for some time. At least until Kodi is updated in nightly images, maybe more. Settings should be preserved across updates. Not sure what happens to addon settings if addon is updated.

Thanks! And how can I update manually from Nightly update file? I have downloaded it on the flash drive but I can't find the option to update from file in Kodi menu.

• just put update file (.tar) or image (img.gz) in /storage/.update and reboot.

Jernej, many thanks! That worked great!

I have checked the CEC yesterday and I can say it works almost perfectly with my 50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma TV!

So, currently:

1) when I power off my TV it powers off Kodi too;

2) when I power off Kodi it powers off TV too;

3) when I plug in Kodi it powers on TV too.

That is a great success! Many thanks for that! There's only 2 things currently left which I can't get rid off.

First is that switching to Kodi device CEC feature doesn't work. So, when the TV is at another input and I power on Kodi, i get multiple messages from my TV: CEC100 the device control is not supported. When I have turned off that feature I still get the same message but luckily only once. I suppose its the problem with the TV, but perhaps you could do something with CEC too.

And the second strange thing I have noted is that if I power on my Orange Pi when the TV is at any other input rather then Pi, Kodi starts with the black screen and no image, even though it is workable (can hear the GUI sounds). So, I have to restart Kodi with my mobile app to get the picture on again. Is this a bug, or perhaps I should disable any feature in the menu (I'l have to check disabling fully CEC too) ??? Please advise!

• Official Post

- wifi modules without mainline driver are not supported (mostly Realtek - RTL8189ETV, RTL8189FTV, RTL8822BS, etc.)

jernej Great work with H5. I used all your latest patches for 5.6. I Checked the resulting image on my Orangepi PC2 (H5) and surprisingly found no clips in my collection that I couldn't reproduce. By the way, I added support (patches for 5.6) for a number of WiFi RTL chips , if you have an interest, I can give a link to the ready-made patches for LE.

I connected OPI PC2 to 4K TV, set the maximum resolution to 4096x2160, video and Kodi interface work in 4K without problems. :)

• Official Post

levitsky86 Sorry, but I can't help you much with these two issues. First one seems like TV fault, but I can't tell anything for second one.

balbes150 Small correction, Kodi interface is 1080p max. even on 4K TV. However, 4K video is played without scaling on 4K TV. Regarding wifi drivers - thanks, but we had several PRs already for those drivers and all were closed. Common agreement is that there should be no more out-of-tree Realtek drivers. We could easily have them 20 at this point. Maintaining them is a nightmare.

BTW, I also fixed H6 H264 4K playback...

• Please test latest OrangePi PC2 (H5) image:

LibreELEC-H5.arm-9.80-devel-20200308081621-cfb1324-orangepi-pc2.img.gz

If it is good enough, it will be merged into official LibreELEC git repository and nightly images will become available soon thereafter.

I don't know if it's been already confirmed by other people, but I tried your image today and as far as I could see it works fairly well. I've used an H5 Orange Pi PC 2 I had lying around, and tested it with SMB/CIFS shared files of various codecs, Twitch streams and Widevine encoded movies from PrimeVideo. I didn't test performance/framerates, but as far as I could tell everything worked.

I've only used LibreElec x64 a few times, but if you need some specific tests to run on an H5 I can maybe help.

• Jernej -

Thanks for your work on this project :cool: I am running your images on my OrangePi PCs and everything works great but the UI lags on the TV Shows screen in Kodi when artwork is displayed. Otherwise, the UI is acceptably fast and I have no problem with most video (gave up on 1080i for the time being). So I am wondering if the UI slowness just due to the weak GPU on the Orange Pi PC or should I be looking for other problems?

- Jonathan

• Ggive output of lsusb and dmesg after you pluged it in. That way it will be easier to determine which driver it needs.

Here is the output of lsusb

Code
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0ace:1215 ZyDAS ZD1211B 802.11g
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Code
    and dmesg