Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• I'm not talking about decoding. I used the term server for what is conventionally called a backend in PVR speak. Is there a TVheadend server addon for the RaspberryPi Zero W?

I'm aware I'll need something bigger than an Orange Pi One for the (front-end) decoding part. Probably a Pi4B 4GB would be the best deal.

Edited 2 times, last by Digitalis (January 14, 2020 at 11:24 AM).

• You mean an online searchable add-on index for all supported hardware? Link?

I don't have the Zero yet. I usually install TVheadend ad-dons by the Kodi UI. I just don't know whether there's a server add-on for the Pi Zero.

Edited 2 times, last by Digitalis (January 15, 2020 at 9:16 AM).

• Is it possible to add empty /opt folder to read-only squashfs SYSTEM? Right now I can do this mounting flash to another linux bo, but it would be highly usefull to have this folder in-place withut tricks.

- HDMI audio passthrough doesn't work yet (driver improvement is WIP)

Any updates/news? So, as I understand correctly, ac3/dts must be decoded on device?

• I should remove that wip status. Development of that feature was abandoned for the time being. You might still have luck with your AVR/TV, depending how much it relies on metadata. BTW, what difference does it make to be decoded on device or AVR/TV?

Ok, I will test. My assumption was that bitstreaming might be faster than decoding.

• some drivers needs to be improved and additional firmware needs to be loaded on A100 coprocessor. Also U-Boot and ATF modifications are needed. In short, GitHub - crust-firmware/crust: SCP firmware for sunxi SoCs needs to be integrated. Even then, only power button will work. For IR remote wake-up, crust FW needs to be extended... so it's possible, just a lot of work. Note - crust firmware works only with A64 and H6. For H3, U-Boot would need some non-trivial work.

• Once you have hardware, look in the usual location and then there's no need for hypothetical questions.

Pi Zero and TV-Hat arrived so it's no more hypothetical. And yes, there's TVheadend, both server and client addons available for Librelec on the Pi Zero. Setup was smooth but finding DVB-T2 muxes and channels was a struggle. Now most hand-tuned channels appear to work and I could already watch some TV via Chorus 2. Thanks for your support!

Best regards,
    Digitalis

• I'm still struggling with TV muxes and channels. I connected a roof-top antenna and voila! there's 28 stations (services) available (the local TV station is still missing). But now I can't watch TV any more. The TVheadend PVR addon doesn't show up in the Chorus menu.

TVheadend appears to be started, however:

LibreELEC:~ # ps |grep tvheadend

611 root 0:04 /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tvheadend -B -C -u root -g video -c /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42

Help is needed, T.I.A.

Digitalis

Edited 2 times, last by Digitalis (January 22, 2020 at 12:56 PM).

• Code
    Hi, I installed the last nightly on my beelink x2, I install it in plex addons, but I can't get it started, I get an error, they could tell me why I can't start this specific addons, is there any alternative to the plex addons?

There is the Tvheadend Addon that includes Tvheadend server that is responsible for recordings, reception, channels ... and there is the pvr.hts addon that connects the Tvh server with Kodi.

Perhaps I must have missed something. From what repository is this pvr.hts addon?

But Tvheadend is working! It's the Chorus2 client that's lost it's websocket connection. Strange, it used to be working with Chorus2 until sunday.

Now I found I just got to click the play buttons at Tvheadend's list of services on the config interface 192.168.178.123:9981 and then VLC player starts and I watch TV. Not that comfortable to manage but better than nothing. I got 38 channels, including some double listings, not that bad :)

Thanks for your patience!

Digitalis

• Hello.

I have OP PC+.

Does anyone else have issue (or not) with Tidal addon? It works with previous LE version. As I update to latest LE I can't log in - same issue on Tidal and Tidal2 addon.

I do have Tidal HiFi account.