Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Thanks for the quick reply!

Okay, I'm not sure if I could solder a serial adapter(weather should be cold&rainy on weekend so maybe I'll give it a try..)..but when I read your info, I think I should just be happy that this nightly works that good on the odd box as main functions are really okay.

Well, that reboot doesn't work properly could be an issue of the/my r69..on crappy original android there was no reboot option which forced powercycle to reboot too and on several armbians especially compiled for r69 it often didn't work either from card. At least just the armbian now on emmc reboots perfect..and for kodi on libreelec works a restart via ssh(not a reboot) to satisfy addons' wish to reboot to re-read configs after changing settings.

It would be nice to integrate the remote of the beelink(guess many users would appreciate that..). Maybe this is even helpful for me(could compare the codes with the file which works for that remote on other box). I thought remote isn't working , like the power led too because gpios aren't assigned properly in beelink dtb, similar to amlogics s905x/w where often basic functions are given with wrong dtb, but correct one brings more/all features. Is there a guide how to edit extlinux.conf?
    I will test av audio and ethernet later. For me it is no problem that XR819 isn't supported, because a cheap(under 2€ shipped) 150MBit USB-Wifi does the job often better on all those cheap china boxes.

I'm really happy that after nearly two years this box is now a somehow quite usable mediaplayer!

• ..as added on other post:

Ethernet is working, audio is "just" via HDMI (or USB-Sound-Card)

My Sunvell r69 Ver.1.3 runs now over 12 hours pretty nice with that nightly for beelink! :)

• turgus beelink DT is missing analog audio node, I'll add it soon. There is no guide for editing extlinux.conf. Actually, only line you should edit is APPEND line for Linux kernel arguments. If you want to use serial console, delete second "console=" entry.

dhewg I guess nobody enabled it. I will add it soon. Thanks for bringing that up.

I will also soon open PR with Cedrus improvements. Quiet a lot happened since I updated those patches and I also found a fix for all crashing HEVC videos. That should make it useful for HEVC DVB streams.

• dhewg Thanks! Nightlies are always based on recent stable kernel, currently 5.3.5. However, a lot of upstream and wip patches are included on top of that. Check projects/Allwinner/patches/linux/ and projects/Allwinner/devices/H6/patches/linux/ folders for them. Idea is to upstream those patches as much as possible. This is never ending story - as soon as you manage to upstream something, you find something else to fix/update. However, this is beneficial for us and other distributions - once patch is upstreamed, we don't need to care about that patch anymore and other distros get same improvements when they update the kernel.

• roel maybe you can try same fix as I used above for H3. You can compile A64 image from this branch: Commits · jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

This didn't fix it for me. I'm sure it is related to the wifi driver. I compared your kernel config and only see the rtl8723bs selected as module, if I check my kernel config there are a few rtl8723xx moduels:

Code
    CONFIG_RTL8723AE=m
    CONFIG_RTL8723BE=m
    CONFIG_RTL8723_COMMON=m
    # CONFIG_RTL8723BS is not set

In this case as above, sound works, but wifi doesn't. If I change only RTL8723BS to CONFIG_RTL8723BS=m and recompile the kernel the sound starts behaving strange.

Update: disabling all the other RTL stuff and only set the RTL8723BS as module fixed the sound issue for me. In case somebody builds his own custom kernel for a pine64+

Edited once, last by roel (November 11, 2019 at 10:14 AM).

• dhewg Thanks! Nightlies are always based on recent stable kernel, currently 5.3.5. However, a lot of upstream and wip patches are included on top of that. Check projects/Allwinner/patches/linux/ and projects/Allwinner/devices/H6/patches/linux/ folders for them. Idea is to upstream those patches as much as possible. This is never ending story - as soon as you manage to upstream something, you find something else to fix/update. However, this is beneficial for us and other distributions - once patch is upstreamed, we don't need to care about that patch anymore and other distros get same improvements when they update the kernel.

Yeah, you don't have to sell me on the topic of upsteaming, upstream support for allwinner is why I chose such an device ;)

On that topic, what's the status of getting rid of those gl vendor bin blobs? Shouldn't mesa be good enough (tm) for kodi by now? I guess hw decoding is the reason use libmali? Is the tree ready to just flip "OPENGL" to "mesa" to try it out?

• On that topic, what's the status of getting rid of those gl vendor bin blobs? Shouldn't mesa be good enough (tm) for kodi by now? I guess hw decoding is the reason use libmali? Is the tree ready to just flip "OPENGL" to "mesa" to try it out?

I try lima now and then, but last time I tried it, Kodi didn't even start. Buffer management was broken but I'm not sure where (kernel or mesa). I'll try again when Linux 5.4 is released.

In order to try it yourself, you have to enable lima driver in kernel, set OPENGLES driver in project config to lima and configure mesa package to use latest master.

Two notes:

- T720 support is very broken in panfrost, so it makes no sense to try it, but according to panfrost IRC, it should be much better in following weeks

- GPU driver doesn't have anything to do with HW decoding. It may be for rendering video, but even that will be soon bypassed almost completely (only SW decoding currently uses GPU for rendering)

• Tried latest LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.80-nightly-20191108-27a5673-beelink-gs1, device is booting just fine, resolution/hdmi audio/network seems to be OK.

Didn't test any further due to inability to access LibreELEC settings, addon crashes with error.

Copy/paste from kodi.log, not sure if its the relevant part, but here goes:

Code
    2019-11-09 21:14:21.960 T:2990   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
    Error Contents: invalid syntax (service.py, line 33)
    File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/service.py", line 33
    except Exception, e:
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    -->End of Python script error report<--
    Code
    2019-11-09 21:41:36.617 T:3195   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
    Error Type: <class 'SyntaxError'>
    Error Contents: invalid syntax (default.py, line 20)
    File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/default.py", line 20
    except Exception, e:
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    -->End of Python script error report<--

Edited once, last by offbeat (November 9, 2019 at 9:46 PM).