Nightly images for A20, A64, H3, H5 and H6 boards

• That's not much if you are developing something ;)

Anyway, push your kernel to github or some similar service, so I can check what's missing. Having kernel config would also be useful.

Jernej, I tired your patches on linux 5.3.7 and now the hdmi sound works. Seems something was broken in 5.3.6.

• Few questions:

1. After installation, ssh is not enabled by default. Is it possible to enable it (at least till board in WIP state)?

2. Red diods on the board - do someone know how to turn it off?

• 1. You can enable it in setup screen on first boot, but no, it will never be on by default.

2. I believe you can set trigger to "none" somewhere in /sys/class/leds

• macchese at least you can try using following command btmgmt public-addr 11:22:33:44:55:66, where 11:22:33:44:55:66 is the MAC you want to assign to BT

• yes, nightlies switched to Kodi master (previously Kodi 18.4) in order to work out issues with switching to Python3. So addons will be hit and miss for some time now. I suggest you try to build them yourself until situation stabilizes.

• Hi jernej !

i have a problem sample. Can you look at this like you're gonna have time pls:

Sample.mkv

And one more question. I've already written before about wired network. It doesn't work properly. It only works after the update through the .update folder and fall off after the first reboot.

just in case attach the logs: http://ix.io/20cg

thx!

Board: Orange PI 3 H6 Quad-core 64-bit 1.8GHZ ARM Cortex-A53

TV: TELEFUNKEN TF-LED65S75T2SU

• And one more question. I've already written before about wired network. It doesn't work properly.

Same problem. Works properly only with external ethernet adapter

jernej If i want to install elec on EMMC, i need simply clone SD card with dd, or also need to change something in Uboot?

• Hi!

I am using my Orange Pi PC mainly for playing music. It is connected to my Onkyo AVR with an HDMI cable.

Recently I've noticed that playback of 192kHz and 176kHz music files is not possible. Playback simply doesn't start.

Also, "speaker-test -c2 -r192000" gives me such message:

Unable to set hw params for playback: Invalid argument

Setting of hwparams failed: Invalid argument

I believe, few months ago there were no such issue. Since then I've updated Libreelec a couple of times from test.libreelec.tv

Unfortunately, I dont't know what was the last working version =(

Is it possible to fix?

• ilchenko That is known bug - for some reason H264 videos with width > 2048 are not decoded properly on H6, but are ok on H3 and A64. I'm in the process of reworking Cedrus patches and along I try to fix known bugs. This is the only one which is not fixed yet. I'll upload test images soon.

No network after rebooting OrangePi 3 is also known bug. I'm not sure when I'll have time to look into it, but I suspect what could be the issue. Current workaround is to shutdown the board, remove power supply for a few seconds (LEDs should stop shining) and then power it up again.

tweeKpot HDMI audio was reworked, mostly due to big upstream changes. I'll ask one expert to look into this.

• Hi jernej

I can see that here people are trying to add more devices in the H3, A64 and H6 compatibility list.

I have tried to make the librelec work with orangepi lite2 by patching the lite2 dts with the patches from armbian as well as megous kernel.

I have been so far sucessful with the following results,

Working

- WIFI,

- Bluetooth with headphones,

- 1080p HDMI Display,

- H264 upto 1080p 30fps,

- Youtube Addon H264 upto 1080p,

- HEVC upto 4K 60fps (8bit)

- USB2 & USB3 (in USB2 mode)

Not Working

- WIFI doesn't auto connect on bootup

- Frequent freezes (Changing to schedutil governor didn't help but freezes were better compared to performance governor)

- bluetooth doesn't auto pairing upon bootup

- 10 Bit HEVC Videos

- 4K H264 Videos

- 5.1/7.1 Channel Audio passthrough

Haven't tested

\-> 4K TV output (Only 1080p and 4K downscaled to 1080p tested)

\-> Plenty more tests needs to be done.

Patch was added to libreelec-9.2 branch with kernel 5.1.16 in the official Libreelec github source to support this orangepi-lite2 device. I tried with the master branch kernel 5.3.5 but it had too much issues from 1080p HDMI Display to bootup issues. So, I gaveup on master branch for now..

jernej , I am new to community patching process.. So, If you can help, I can provide the dts patch for orangepi lite2 for patching and testing by other people too..

LibreElec Image can be downloaded from LibreELEC-H6.arm-9.1-devel-20191103074700-8c2dda0-orangepi_lite2

Interested people can download and provide feedback

If first bootup fails, Please try to power cycle the board atleast 3-4 times.. It will eventually boot and come into startup screen

Edited 3 times, last by prabuselva ().

• prabuselva thanks for working on this, but you'll have to rebase your work on current master branch. New features, like supporting new board, are accepted only there. Please describe your issues with 1080p HDMI in more detail and append any relevant data, like dmesg output and clk_summary content.

• Gatuno I tried using your instruction for moving libreelec from sd to emmc on a Orange pi 3 h6. It didn't work. After removal of the sd card the opi 3 just boots into its chinese default system. Do you have some advice on how to move it correctly?

Gatuno sorry i missed the bootloader thing. where do i get the u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin if i don't compile libreelec myself?

Edited once, last by aelray ().