Nightly images for A20, A64, H3, H5 and H6 boards

• filkint I never used it, so I don't know. If someone can prove that's all that is needed, then fine.

I'd gladly test it if it was included in the kernel. Could you enable zram module for H3 nightly builds (is there a reason for it to be excluded)? lz4 is very CPU-efficient so there might be a real benefit.

• Could you enable zram module for H3 nightly builds

That would mean making PR to LE Github master repository and merge it. I'm afraid workflow is different. PRs aren't merged just to test something. You should clone repo, make changes, build images locally and submit an PR.

• That would mean making PR to LE Github master repository and merge it. I'm afraid workflow is different. PRs aren't merged just to test something. You should clone repo, make changes, build images locally and submit an PR.

I understand, I just figured zram is a standard linux feature and I don't know of any reason for it to be excluded in LE builds (is there any?). It's not enabled by default so it won't affect anyone, but it might be beneficial for many users, even with >512MB ram.

I'm a user, not a developer, so I may personally not be able to build an image, but I'll give it a try.

• I just figured zram is a standard linux feature and I don't know of any reason for it to be excluded in LE builds (is there any?)

Is there any to be enabled? How it would be used? LE doesn't support swap memory and most memory is consumed by VPU driver in kernel, which rules out ZRAM.

BTW, no LE port has enabled ZRAM.

• BTW, no LE port has enabled ZRAM.

The reasons for this were what I didn't understand...

Is there any to be enabled? How it would be used? LE doesn't support swap memory and most memory is consumed by VPU driver in kernel, which rules out ZRAM.

And now it's more or less clear. I didn't know LE doesn't support swap, so It wasn't clear for me why is ZRAM module disabled in LE kernels. Thanks for the clarification. Now it's interesting to know why swap is unsupported.

Regarding memory consumption. On OPi One build I mostly hit memory constraints while trying to install/use plugins, not on playback.

• ofc i does :)

LibreELEC.tv/options at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

so you just need to activate it via some conf (sry forgot how it worked)

Sorry, I thought it was removed but is just disabled for all projects by default. Anyway, having swap on SD card doesn't make sense, eMMC is not much better (swap file points to $HOME/.cache/swapfile).

• im not reading38 pages so scream at me if you want!

WiFi not working on tanix tx6

if it's not broken fix it until it's broken:/

If it's broken maybe duct tape will help8o

• filkint That's not a prove. But you can tell why they are doing it. I want technical reasoning.

Opp-74 I updated OP so you don't need to use search:

- wifi modules without mainline driver are not supported (mostly Realtek - RTL8189ETV, RTL8189FTV, RTL8822BS, etc.)

• For any device >= 1GB RAM we are already load the OS into RAM, so zram makes no improvement (and can make things worse). Similarly there is no need for swap so it is not enabled by default (but can be enabled manually via a swap.conf file if desired). As a general rule you can assume that LE already did extensive testing on these kinds of OS level optimisations and ruled them in/out.

• filkint That's not a prove. But you can tell why they are doing it. I want technical reasoning.

Opp-74 I updated OP so you don't need to use search:

Thanks so much I'm sorry if I'm annoying you all! I'm a mainline pc user and basic dos programming windows editing etc, never learned Linux like I should have in my electronics

From a windows standpoint this nightly will toast a sd card!

By that I mean I'm used to either the more refined or older versions of libreelec, not ones that have to do the Linux unmount filesystem command and shutdown command yes I know enough Linux to recognize that.

I just shut it off without all the shutdown because it froze up on the start up on the first sd card!

That started because the tx6 display is dead and tv wasn't on right input my fault etc but anyway it toasted a sd card can't erase it even with partition editing software or recovery software!

• For any device >= 1GB RAM we are already load the OS into RAM, so zram makes no improvement (and can make things worse). Similarly there is no need for swap so it is not enabled by default (but can be enabled manually via a swap.conf file if desired). As a general rule you can assume that LE already did extensive testing on these kinds of OS level optimisations and ruled them in/out.

zram is not an identical swap

• $20 us dollars fix for no Wi-Fi on tanix tx6 definitely worth it!

Amazon has extenders with Ethernet plugs on them

• I'm afraid I can't use my Orange Pi One H3 for DVB-T2 since it's only capable of 8 bit HEVC decoding whereas TV stations in Germany are using 10 bit streams. Can anybody confirm this?

If I use a Raspberry Pi TV HAT tuner on top of a Raspberry Pi Zero W board, is there a working Libreelec-TVheadend server solution for it? Or should I use Raspbian?