Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• My only question is there's no information about the CPU temp etc. under /sys/class/thermal/. Same w/ some other things like voltage under /sys/class/regulator, freq under /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq.

Missing kernel config params ?

There are no thermal driver in mainline kernel for SoCs starting from A83T on, including H3, A64 and H6. Most other distributions carry out-of-tree patches, but I don't think this is necessary here. I have plenty of work with multimedia related patches already. Mainline driver should be close to merging, though. I'm not sure why you wouldn't see voltage regulator info especially because you can read it under /sys/kernel/debug, but for cpufreq maybe also some out-of-tree patch is missing, I don't know.

• There are no thermal driver in mainline kernel for SoCs starting from A83T on, including H3, A64 and H6. Most other distributions carry out-of-tree patches, but I don't think this is necessary here. I have plenty of work with multimedia related patches already. Mainline driver should be close to merging, though. I'm not sure why you wouldn't see voltage regulator info especially because you can read it under /sys/kernel/debug, but for cpufreq maybe also some out-of-tree patch is missing, I don't know.

OK, cool. That makes sense. I'll see if I build my own image w/ some out of tree patches.

• Hi,

Just tested the LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20190916-d799b5a-orangepi image on my OrangePi PC and got the same HDMI audio problem as jdpc above. It doesn't make a difference whether I'm playing Youtube or just audio files. On the other hand, audio out through the analog jack of the device works fine.

Thanks jernej

• No, it doesn't work for everyone, that's why I'm asking. Anyway, I tried to reproduce this issue on my TV, but it worked every time. If nothing would help, I'll write a script which will dump HW settings and you'll run it on LibreELEC and OpenELEC. Comparison of those two dumps should give clue what's different and why it doesn't work. But before that, there are still some settings to be updated.

• No, it doesn't work for everyone, that's why I'm asking. Anyway, I tried to reproduce this issue on my TV, but it worked every time. If nothing would help, I'll write a script which will dump HW settings and you'll run it on LibreELEC and OpenELEC. Comparison of those two dumps should give clue what's different and why it doesn't work. But before that, there are still some settings to be updated.

Thanks, much appreciated!

• jernej I've been testing the build more thoroughly and I've found some interesting things and a workaround to fix the sound issues.

The first thing I tested is playing a video at 1080p 60 Hz. As always, the problem is still there, even with the interface sounds. But then I decided to try at 1080p 30 Hz. I played a YouTube video and found the sound issue to be completely gone, but when trying with a movie the sound started to cut off again. This was already reported by other users. When tweaking the sound settings, I found the culplit: when limiting the audio sampling rate from 48 kHz to 44.1 kHz, the problem is completely gone for every video. That's why YouTube was working before, because its audio sampling is 44.1 kHz.

The rest of the audio settings doesn't seem to affect anything. I then tried 1080p 60 Hz with the audio sampling limited to 44.1 Hz, but the audio cuts off again. So to sum up, I think there are actually two different sound issues:

- When using 1080p 50 or 60 Hz

- When sending a sampling rate of 48 kHz or more

Maybe this information helps you solve the problem. For now, I can use 1080p 23.98 Hz and 44.1 kHz to watch movies. patrickkfkan  shahidali55 you could try this too, maybe limiting the sampling rate also works at 60 Hz on your TVs.

• jdpc  patrickkfkan Another update to test: libreelec-h3.arm-9.80-devel-20190917173122-d52e8dc.tar If this still doesn't work, I'll have to write that script.

Thanks for sharing! I'll test this after a couple of days when I have more time, and report back.

• Setting the audio sampling rate to fixed 44.1khz has resolved the HDMI audio issue completely (short audio blips every few seconds, but it recovers). Tested on OPi lite compiled from master (9d68e4b) with wifi driver enabled. Thanks jdpc for this find and jernej for the continuous development effort on LibreElec.

Edited 2 times, last by shahidali55 (September 19, 2019 at 10:23 AM).