Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Official Post

how far away do you think panfrost is for H6?

It will still take some time. T720 is still not really supported by panfrost. Anyway, this issue doesn't seem to be driver related but more like power related, e.g. find correct mix of frequency and voltage. I'm using that from Android, but for some reason, it doesn't work well... But I might be completely wrong about that and may be indeed driver related...

• Now I successfully installed Libreelec on my pine64 a64+. Given my very painful experiences with other OSes, I think that this is much much more better.

I come from my PI2, and the Pine64+ is much more faster. The only problems I have found, is that the eth isn't working; or It's very very slow when It tries to connect on internet. I can ping any IP and domain name; on my LAN it works properly, but for example It can't download any addon updates because It's very slow and than goes into some error.I fixed this problem by using an usb eth adapter.

The second problem It occurred to me is that every time I shutdown my tv, or I switch the tv source, libreelec crashes completely. In order to avoid this problem I'm forced to stop the kodi.service unit, from ssh, before shutting down my tv. Of course, when I want to use it again, i have to start the kodi.service. I'm using termux on my phone, so It's a very easy task.

I took a quick look on kodi log, dmesg and journalctl, but I didn't found anything useful. But I'm not an expert..

Once again, thank you for this OS. I was near to throw away my A64+, at least as a mediacenter, but now I'm happy to use It.

cheers

• Just an update on my HDMI sound problem with the Pine64+ board and my Samsung LE32B550 TV.

HDMI sound now is possible if I switch the display resolution in Kodi to 1920x1080i. However LibreELEC starts with resolution set to 1920x1080p by default which should be ok according to the provided EDID.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could this be a problem with the clock driver or does my TV provide a malformed EDID?

I'm having the same problem with an Orange Pi PC and Samsung UE37C5100 TV from 2011. Sound works for less than a second, then silence for some seconds, then sound again, and so on. I also discovered that sound works fine when using 1080p but a refresh rate lower than 50 Hz, like 24 or 30. Sound worked fine in the old OpenElec versions based on legacy kernel.

jernej if you want some logs just ask and I will provide them. In any case thank you so much for everything you have done, everything else is working fine

• I just got an OrangePi 3 and RPI 4 arriving in the same day :)

Anyone know is the H6 faster than the BCM processor the RPI 4 has?

Seems out of the box RPI has better support but will test more later.

• I just got an OrangePi 3 and RPI 4 arriving in the same day :)

Seems out of the box RPI has better support but will test more later.

on paper pi 4's cortex a72 cores should be faster, but H6 has jernej and friends, so its your choice ;)

• Official Post

The only problems I have found, is that the eth isn't working; or It's very very slow when It tries to connect on internet. I can ping any IP and domain name; on my LAN it works properly, but for example It can't download any addon updates because It's very slow and than goes into some error.I fixed this problem by using an usb eth adapter.

Are you sure that you're using image for Pine64+? In the past, people mixed up Pine64 and Pine64+ images, which mostly differ just in ethernet settings. However, I vaguely remember that some Pine64 boards had ethernet issues, which was connected with Realthek PHY chip used on board. There is workaround, but it never made to mainline kernel and I didn't include it here. Maybe it would help you, but any change like that might break other boards...

The second problem It occurred to me is that every time I shutdown my tv, or I switch the tv source, libreelec crashes completely. In order to avoid this problem I'm forced to stop the kodi.service unit, from ssh, before shutting down my tv. Of course, when I want to use it again, i have to start the kodi.service. I'm using termux on my phone, so It's a very easy task.

What you really need to do is to change your HDMI CEC settings in Kodi Input options. Just disable hibernation on source switch or TV shutdown and you'll be fine. This would be a feature if we would have an ability to wake up from CEC, which BTW is possible, but it's in distant future (using AR100 coprocessor).

If you mean raw CPU speed, then RPI4 is faster. However, H6, for example, supports HW decoding 4K H264 videos and it's able to HW decode more codecs.

You also have to know that a lot more people work on RPI4 than H6, so yes, you will get features faster. Although I already made HDR demo for H6 :)

• Are you sure that you're using image for Pine64+? In the past, people mixed up Pine64 and Pine64+ images...

Thanks, the CEC problem now is fixed. I'm sure that I flashed the proper image. I don't exactly know what eth nic is connected; with "ifconfig -a" I see that the mac address start with 02:BA:A0 ; with that mac address I can't find any information about the producer. But to me doesn't seems a Realtek mac address.

If I give the command "ethtool eth0" it says to me:

Cannot get device settings: Device or resource busy

Cannot get wake-on-lan settings: Device or resource busy

Cannot get message level: Device or resource busy

Cannot get link status: Device or resource busy

No data available

Anyway I previously installed Debian official and Armbian, and the eth0 nic worked properly.

it's not a problem to continue to use the usb adapter; I'm just guessing, but I read on the web that some other people have the same problem, and they said that was related with the new linux kernel. Obviously I don't know if I have the same problem.

Edited 2 times, last by pinexxx (July 3, 2019 at 6:20 AM).

• gamma-271 Can you test: libreelec-h6.arm-9.80-devel-20190701201203-8a8e6a1-orangepi_one_plus.img.gz ?

It seems that Mali causes system lockups if it doesn't run on lowest setting... I'll need to investigate this further.

Sorry for the late response: I've been offline for a couple of days. With this image, nothing has changed. I will prepare the logs and send them tomorrow.

The system does not seem to lock up, it just doesn't display anything. I even noticed that when I press the power-off button on my TV-remote, LibreElec also shuts down. So CEC seems to work (which only is a hint that the HDMI-connection is there and working).

• Official Post

gamma-271 logs are fine (no indication of any issue) and another developer confirmed latest nightly works with his OPi One+ board.

I have a feeling there is some kind of issue with 1080p resolution. My 1080p PC monitor sometimes doesn't work well with H6 boards, while my 4k TV never had any problems, including with 1080p resolution.

Can you test this board on any other TV/monitor, preferably with different native resolution (doesn't matter if lower or higher)?

• Official Post

pinexxx Difference with Armbian and LibreELEC is that here we always use latest kernel, while Armbian is often a release or two behind.

If you spot any possible solution on any forum, please tell me and I'll prepare test image before including it in official LE. Ethernet drivers are one of those things which I don't have much knowledge about and I can only hope someone will publish a fix or at least a workaround.

• Hi there, thought I'd give a bit of a feedback as an appreciation to your fine work. I'm running OPi One+ (H6) image. Works great in general. I've restored old Kodi backup from other SOCs, so I even managed to get simple IPTV working. Works fine on 3 of my TVs 1080 and 4K.

Now downsides:

* I have 1080 and 720 streams working just fine both HW and SW decoded. 4K and 572 do not work, both give the black screen. 572 decodes the sound OK while 4K does not.

* While connected my SONY TV the sound is shattered. Like half of a second silence after every second of a sound. Other 2 TVs (Samsung and LG) do not have that artifact.

Hope this is helpful someway, cheers

UDP: 576 stream works but very unstable. I've got it working once in like 100 attempts.

• Can you test this board on any other TV/monitor, preferably with different native resolution (doesn't matter if lower or higher)?

I tested it with my 4K monitor. The HDMI input is only 1.4, so it is 4K@30Hz while my TV is 1080p@60Hz. The monitor displays the LibreElec boot-logo, but shortly after that the monitor complains about no signal. I will test another TV (also 1080p, but other make) tomorrow at a friend.

BTW: could it just be a hardware problem? I'm currently downloading the Debian Desktop provided by OrangePi itself, just to make sure that the HDMI interface has no problem.