Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• Hi, I downloaded the latest nightly for PineH64 but I cannot access the libreelec repository to download inputstream.adaptive as it cannot connect to the repo, I also have tried to manually debug this via curl by getting a 404 doesn't exist, Is there any way I can install inputstream.adaptive manually, if someone can please post a working zip for this image ?

Code
     "curl https://addons.libreelec.tv/9.80.00 -v" 
  • What does this statement by chewitt mean for our SBCs?

Display Spoiler

Just as a general note for people. The team has made a decision not to release Amlogic (and Allwinner) images as part of LE 9.2 which is currently being built and will see an ALPHA1 release this week. Amlogic mainline has several outstanding technical decisions related to boot and Panfrost has some critical bugs that developers simply haven't had time to look at properly due to current work and family commitments. The summer vacation season is also about to start - so the last thing we need is a bump in user numbers while people resources are lighter. There are also large changes pending for Linux 5.3 which will be beneficial (G12 devices running at full clock speed will be great) and this also means a load of device-tree rework and testing effort. So instead of spending lots of time trying to support a Linux 5.1 based LE 9.2 release with a load of complex backporting work, the mainline codebase will make better progress with less effort if we concentrate upon the master branch where we can shift focus to Linux 5.3 where more changes are upstream and the amount of commit/patch juggling reduces.

As I ended up being release manager for LE 9.2 and I'm also one of the people with too many work commitments, the final plumbing changes needed to start master nightlies and push add-ons will have to wait until the dust settles on the first LE 9.2 alpha. NB: VIM3 users with a shiny new board will be catered for one way or another .. no need for anyone to panic about that.

• What does this statement by chewitt mean for our SBCs?

It means nothing will change for the time being. We considered releasing alpha and maybe beta (but not stable!) 9.2 images for Allwinner project, but there are simply too many corner cases which don't work well or not at all. First stable images are considered for LE 10. Hopefully we can fix most or preferably all bugs till then.

• It means nothing will change for the time being. We considered releasing alpha and maybe beta (but not stable!) 9.2 images for Allwinner project, but there are simply too many corner cases which don't work well or not at all. First stable images are considered for LE 10. Hopefully we can fix most or preferably all bugs till then.

Great, I wasn't really sure if that would affect the nightlies as well.

So no problem at all. Thanks :)

• Hi

I have tried libreelec on my orangepi3 .Good work, it is working :) !

Can someone can tell me how to make emmc working ?

I have tried to do dd libreelec image file to my /dev/mmcblk2 .

Partitions have been created correctly, but orangepi dosen't boot. I think that I have to install bootloader at the begin of the emmc. correct?

Any tips for that ?

Thanks

• Hi,

I just tried the OrangePi One Plus image from 25.06. but it does not boot. Seems to be a problem with hdmi:

Code
    Starting kernel ...

[    0.253577] sun50i-de2-bus 1000000.display-engine: Error couldn't map SRAM to device
    [    0.254133] sun4i-usb-phy 5100400.phy: Couldn't request ID GPIO
    [    0.399913] sun4i-i2s 5091000.i2s: Max playback channels changed from 2 to 8
    [    0.412280] sun4i-usb-phy 5100400.phy: Couldn't request ID GPIO
    [    0.486362] sun8i-dw-hdmi 6000000.hdmi: Couldn't get ddc regulator
    [    0.492635] sun4i-drm display-engine: failed to bind 6000000.hdmi (ops sun8i_dw_hdmi_ops): -517
    [    0.501515] sun4i-drm display-engine: Couldn't bind all pipelines components

I could also provide the complete uboot-log.

• Official Post

gamma-271 Actually, your boot log excerpt is pretty normal. Peripherals inside SoC are interdependent. You can't load driver if dependencies are not all loaded yet, which is what has happened here. This can be recognized by error code -517 (-EPROBE_DEFER).

What you have to do is to edit extlinux/extlinux.conf on FAT partition and remove quiet and console=tty1. That way you will get complete boot log and if kernel doesn't crash, serial console. Please provide boot log after these extlinux.conf changes.

• Official Post

How do I install the image in EMMC memory?

Just dd it on eMMC over ssh. Currently this is the only way (except for OrangePi 3, where a U-Boot update is needed).

Is this of any relevance: Can't get HDMI out on OrangePi One on sunxi-next · Issue #290 · linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi · GitHub? I know that the issue is about Orange-Pi One, and I have the One-Plus, but the symptom is the same.

Actually, it's not the same. In that issue report you can see reported -517 two times, but in your report it's only once, because second time driver loads properly. If driver mentioned in the issue wouldn't be enabled, then image wouldn't work on any combination of TV and board.

Do you have by any chance 4K TV with enhanced colors enabled? If so, try disabling enhanced colors.

• Just dd it on eMMC over ssh. Currently this is the only way (except for OrangePi 3, where a U-Boot update is needed).

Actually, it's not the same. In that issue report you can see reported -517 two times, but in your report it's only once, because second time driver loads properly. If driver mentioned in the issue wouldn't be enabled, then image wouldn't work on any combination of TV and board.

Do you have by any chance 4K TV with enhanced colors enabled? If so, try disabling enhanced colors.

I am having a similar issue where my Orange Pi One Plus displays on computer monitors via HDMI but not on my 4K TV at all. I will try disabling enhanced colours and report back.