Nightly images for A64, H3, H5, H6 and R40 boards

• This DTB makes the CPU run at 1.3ghz on my OP-PC (use at your own risk)

Thanks, but I prefer it running slower and safer. I was wondering why the thermal section was missing from the shipped device tree, jernej solved the mistery and without a heatsink and no thermal protection the risk of burning the chip does not worth the extra megahertz.

• Official Post

I prepared initial OrangePi 3 support. Initial image can be found here:

libreelec-h6.arm-9.1-devel-20190603225103-f3b379f-orangepi_3.img.gz

Sources can be found here:

GitHub - jernejsk/LibreELEC.tv at aw_linux_patches

Known issues (apart from those in OP):

- ethernet doesn't work after reboot (physical power disconnection is needed, probably PMU related)

- bluetooth doesn't work (probably wrong firmware)

• Thanks, but I prefer it running slower and safer. I was wondering why the thermal section was missing from the shipped device tree, jernej solved the mistery and without a heatsink and no thermal protection the risk of burning the chip does not worth the extra megahertz.

Sure.. I have a spare :)

• Official Post

Hello.

As an addition to my issue with Audio not working on HDMI OPPC+: As I read all posts on this forum I notice solution to change resolution 1080p to 1080i.

Strange! But when I changed from 1080p to 1080i audio start working on HDMI and looks like HDMI Pass Trough is working also.

HDMI Audio related stuff in kernel will get rewrited in order to be acceptable for inclusion in mainline kernel. Hopefully rewrite will fix such issues and not introduce new ones. We'll see.

Can you test if changing in any other resolution also solves the problem?

• HDMI Audio related stuff in kernel will get rewrited in order to be acceptable for inclusion in mainline kernel. Hopefully rewrite will fix such issues and not introduce new ones. We'll see.

Does this mean, HDMI passthrough is working if the issues are fixed?

• Official Post

Does this mean, HDMI passthrough is working if the issues are fixed?

No, passthrough is separate effort. Currently you might get lucky to get it work, but I wouldn't count on that.

Anyway, can anyone tells me what is so special on passtrough? Does it really matter if audio is decoded on SBC or AVR side? After all, in both cases audio is digitally transferred, so no loss of precision occurs.

• Regarding audio decoding side: maybe this is only my personal feeling, but I think that audio decoded by Amplifier has better quality. If OrangePI will decode sound Amplifier have to somehow decode it again to meet Amplifier settings.

This is just my opinion, no technical background or testing.

I also test different video resolutions and looks like only 1080p is affected with no HDMI sound.

I also have to set Fixed audio output 5.1 for all resolutions.

Passtrough seems to work random.

• Yes, but note that only version with 1 GiB of RAM will be supported. If you have 512 MiB version you can still use same image, but I don't accept bug reports which occurs due to memory consumption. Which version do you have?

Hi - just wondering if you've been able to add the nano pi M1 build, at this stage? I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Nik

• Hi, I will apply for testing. I want to "try" to rebuild this image, can you pass the command used to build it?

• Hi jernej it's knowing bugs on opiplus2e in 2 last update

1. Some time after playing some videos online (YouTube) or offline, Kodi showing black screen but we can access via SSH to reboot. (Normally after reboot)

2. Some time showing not black screen but pink colour so we can access GUI but with pink colour.

Can I help to provide something? When do that's command? Maybe after/befor reboot

LibreElec connect via HDMI

• Official Post

power_yura I'm not aware of any such tutorial. Procedure also depends if you want to use Armbian with mainline or BSP kernel. Additionally, if you would like to use mainline Armbian, you would have to keep kernels and dtb files separate because both projects contain a lot out of tree patches, which may not be compatible.

Hi jernej it's knowing bugs on opiplus2e in 2 last update

Is this based on last nightlies? If so, please wait for new update which should be available in about a week at most. There is a lot of video related fixes. If it still won't be fixed by that, then I will ask you for some information. But let's wait for updated image first.

ukmark62 Nice! Did you manage to capture some UART traffic already?

I'm not sure how much you know electronics, so I apologize if this is too basic for you:

At the end it doesn't matter which GND pin you use, if it's really GND. Be aware that those two pins could also be CTS and RTS signals being low most of the time or some other signals. GND pin can be usually visually identified by checking if it is connected to ground plane, which is also the reason why you need a bit more heat to solder anything to them (ground plane acts as a heatsink). Another method is to put one probe on something which is really ground, like negative contact on power connector or shield (ring) around screw hole, and then with other probe check continuity on GND pin candidates.

faredgeoffate You are probably using OrangePi 3 image? Be aware that they are not completely compatible. I would have to check differences in schematic. Images will be available for OrangePi Lite 2 too, eventually.