Docker error when trying to run a container (CA cert issue?)

• Hi,
    I have been trying to use the docker add-on to expand the capabilities of my installation.
    Namely, I have been trying to setup a gitlab docker (GitLab Docker images - GitLab Documentation).

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pull a docker image and run it due to certificate issues.
    I am not too familiar with docker nor its configuration, but it seemed to me that the docker add-on was not fully configured to use the system's CA certs.

Here is the error I get while trying to run the container :

Code
    Unable to find image 'gitlab/gitlab-ce:latest' locally
    Pulling repository docker.io/gitlab/gitlab-ce
    docker: Error while pulling image: Get https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/gitlab/gitlab-ce/images: x509: failed to load system roots and no roots provided.
    See 'docker run --help'.

Any ideas?

Regards,

M@yeulC

• The ssl error was fixed because it docker wasn't looking in the right place for the ssl certs. I fixed this in the latest update.

Getting started with docker can be tricky and it helps to know what platform you are running on. Firefox requires x11 which isn't present on any of the arm platforms.

Also, there are a couple sample systemd services for docker containers located at

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/service.system.docker/examples
  • Thanks, it works very well now.

I changed my mind and built a gogs docker image. You can try it with

Code
    docker run -d --name gogs-server --restart always --publish 8022:22 --publish 3000:3000 --volume /storage/gogs-data/:/data mayeulc/gogs-rpi

Or similar, if anyone is interested. One thing that could be great would be to allow browsing docker hub from the add-on, making it the preferred way to install software such as transmission or other on LE.

Edited once, last by M@yeulC (May 1, 2016 at 12:44 AM).

• Thanks, it works very well now.

I changed my mind and built a gogs docker image. You can try it with

Code
    docker run -d --name gogs-server --publish 8022:22 --publish 3000:3000 --volume /storage/gogs-data/:/data mayeulc/gogs-rpi

Or similar, if anyone is interested. One thing that could be great would be to allow browsing docker hub from the add-on, making it the preferred way to install software such as transmission or other on LE.

Thanks for the info :)

I've thought about building a gui in kodi for docker via python, I just haven't had the time to get around to starting it.

• Thanks for the info

I've thought about building a gui in kodi for docker via python, I just haven't had the time to get around to starting it.

That would be nice, especially for end users, although I am not too convinced that it could be of some use for non tech-savvy people, due to needing to configure ports, etc.
    Unfortunately, I won't have time to work on it either, at least just not yet.

I just started playing with docker, very cool. I have managed to get transmission started, but have no idea how to control it?
    [hr]
    Perhaps my question should be: what is the web interface user/pw.

I guess the answer is : it depends on what container you used
    I gave it a quick look on the internet, and it seems that the username and password are stored inside a json file, which should be located at
    ~/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json
    (That is, inside the container. You probably have mounted the ~/.config/transmission-daemon/ folder somewhere like /storage/docker/transmission or whatever using the --volume or -v option).

Edit : just found that

The default rpc-username and password is “transmission”.

I hope you can solve your issue, then. Docker is definitely a cool thing!

Edited once, last by M@yeulC (May 1, 2016 at 12:57 AM).