Xbox wireless adapter for Windows (v1 and v2) support ?

• Not really related to Xbox wireless adapter but if you connect your controllers using Bluetooth, you can make them work like this:

1. Update your controller's firmware using Xbox Accessories app on Windows 10/11
    2. Disable ERTM on your LibreELEC device, lets the controller be paired and connected (1 command, pastable):
      echo 'options bluetooth disable_ertm=1' > /storage/.config/modprobe.d/bluetooth-disable-ertm.conf
    3. Ignore libinput, makes the controller's buttons work (2 commands, pastable):
      echo 'SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Xbox Wireless Controller", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{LIBINPUT_IGNORE_DEVICE}="1"' > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-gamepad.rules
      echo 'SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="Xbox Wireless Controller", KERNEL=="event*", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}="1"' >> /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/99-gamepad.rules
    4. Reboot and pair your controller
    5. Navigate to Settings > System > Input and do Configure attached controllers

The key is updating your controller's firmware.

I haven't updated my XBOX One controller's firmware for several years and on LibreELEC I always had two non-functional buttons: Back and Guide (XBOX button). Then I recently bought a newer XBOX Series X/S controller and it was refusing to connect to my RPi4 with LibreELEC 11.0.1 until I updated its firmware - then it connected and surprised me with letting me map its Back and Guide buttons, which in turn got me thinking that I could try looking for a new firmware for my older controller. The app had found new firmware for it, the controller had been updated and it turned out its Back and Guide buttons also work! Nice! :)

Edited once, last by roxton (April 5, 2023 at 8:57 AM).