GPIO sysfs interface not available in 9.0

• Hi,

I use the GPIO pins on my Odroid C2 to control various things (e.g. lights). In LE 8 the GPIO sysfs interface was available and I could enable a GPIO pin by doing `echo PIN-NUMBER > /sys/class/gpio/export`. The `export` file does not exist anymore in LE 9 so I cannot use the GPIOs anymore. And the pin numbers shown by `cat /sys/kernel/debug/gpio` have all changed.

Is there something I can do to regain control of the GPIOs? Or was another mechanism added to control the GPIOs?

I'm asking this in the General section since I don't know if this regression is specific to the Odroid C2 or if it is effecting all platforms. Searching the forum and the internet at Large didn't help me.

Cheers!

• So for some reason the GPIO sysfs option in the kernel config has been disabled in LE9. Since I don't want to compile and maintain my own LE distribution just to change one option I switched to CoreELEC, which has the GPIO sysfs option enabled.

Still, thanks a lot for all your hard work on LE, which makes forks like CE possible in the first place!