Dual Boot Windows Vista + LibreELEC problems.

• Hi, i'm new here, so hello.
    I found my old Tosh. Sat. A200 during xmas and decided to see if it would still work, it does and since it has a x64 based processor i thought i would be a good media center.

It runs Libre Leia flawlessly on its own, but i need it to run some edition of windows. and its going to be the one that came with the computer new, the vista dvd was in the bag still.

This is what i did so far, following some instructions i found on the web, or not to say until i got stuck...

-Burned the Liberelec image to USB, and installed it.

-Downed, burned and ran the GParted Live usb, resized Storage partition to 8gb, the remaining amount was used to create a new ntfs partition for windows, flagged as boot.

-Installed Windows Vista onto the newly created partition.

-Downed and ran EasyBCD 2.4, create a new boot entry, selecting Linux tab / Syslinux wich pull straight away the 500mb partition for Libreelec, click the add button and done.

1 boot entry for Windows Vista

1 entry for LibreElec

Re-started to give is a go and trouble appeared choosing LibreElec gave me the message "Boot Error", after clicking any key it goes back to the boot menu.

It is the 3rd time i did this, first time i thought i messed up so i simply reinstalled from scratch, second time i really messed up with mbr managers and stuff, and now lets see, just finished the install with the same outcome but im not touching it further until i'm sure what the problem is.

Anyone has any idea?

• Found some info for bootable usb drives at

How to repair a SYSLINUX bootable USB drive | Pavel Korotkov's Blog

• Given a bootable USB drive with Linux OS,
    • It triggers error “Boot error” if you boot from it, (Boot error is exactly my problem)
    • System bootloader is SYSLINUX.

The apparent fix: (No it did not work for me, but this is the 1st time i have ever use linux of any kind)

1. Find a Linux OS (I used Ubuntu) and open a terminal, (I used the Gparted live USB, and as already knew the drive i wanted, jumped to step 4)
    2. Plugin your sick USB,
    3. Find it among visible devices: ‘ls -lA /dev/disk/by-id/*usb*’ and record its mounted point name (e.g. /dev/sdb), let’s say USB_MP, (my target is /dev/sda1)
    4. If the drive is mounted, unmount it with command ‘umount USB_MP’ (actually, you need to unmount the partition where your system resides-usually 1-‘umount USB_MP1’). Ignore errors, they just mean the drive is not mounted, (here i did umount /dev/sda1 and it unmounted it but, did not understood some bits, should i also have used command umount /dev/sda11?)
    5. Install syslinux if your OS doesn’t have it (‘sudo apt-get install syslinux’), (This step installed nothing, it said a newer version of syslinux was already installed)
    6. Hit the commands: ‘sudo dd if=/usr/lib/syslinux/mbr.bin of=USB_MP && sudo syslinux USB_MP1’. (here was when i got myself lost mostly due to the USB_MP1 deal stated in step 4 so i did only part of the command sudo dd if=/usr/lib/syslinux/mbr.bin of=/dev/sda1, wich gave me the return of /usr/lib/syslinux/mbr.bin not existing basicaly)

I'm really at a lost here, maybe i'll try sudo dd if=/usr/lib/syslinux/mbr.bin of=/dev/sda1 && sudo syslinux /dev/sda11 but this command read somewhat strange, maybe someone with some knowledge in linux can shed some light.