LibreELEC 9.0.1 builds for S905 (semi official)

• Here are Generic S905 (semi official1) builds from LibreELEC. They include what we have at GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv .

They get updated for the LE9.0.x release cycle and all add-ons are available at the repo.

Downloads:

http://cvh.libreelec.tv/aml/

These builds are provided without official support. If they work for you thats great, if not you could ask at this thread but don't expect bugfixing (just if there are easy fixable problems).

Install to nand/emmc:

this is script is known as problematic and has known major problems, but it works most of the times

wget http://cvh.libreelec.tv/AML/S905/installtointernal is reported working (for at least kvim)

chmod +x installtointernal

./installtointernal

Updates from 7.x/8.x community images are not working - you need to do a fresh install !

1 we (LE) don't official support these builds at our site due the nature of the rather wacky 3.14 codebase, these builds have their flaws but works in general okay

an deeper explanation why we don't offer official support for it and what could be expected for LE9.2/LE10 could be read here Development Update .

• CvH

Only two questions

Good job Good to know that we are not stopped.

I would like to know if it has support for Driver Avalink 6862 mecool KI Pro (S905D)

New Kernel 4.x.x?

Thank you.

Edited 2 times, last by erbas (January 7, 2019 at 4:12 PM).

• Thanks for the great work!

I did a quick test. See my observations.

- If you come from 8.2.3.1 (or similar) kszaq build and "Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data" is active then the 9.0 will fail to boot after the upgrade. To prevent this apply this command after putting the tar file to update folder and before rebooting:

Code
    e2label /dev/data "STORAGE"

- There is no sound on HDMI output if audio output is set to HDMI. If audio output is set to analog then HDMI output works.

- CEC is unreliable. It happened twice that CEC was not working after a restart. Once Kodi also crashed during CEC connection establishment.

• - There is no sound on HDMI output if audio output is set to HDMI. If audio output is set to analog then HDMI output works.

The main issue with this though is that it borks the digital passthrough if it's set to the 'analog' output. In all honesty I'd avoid the LE9 builds for Amlogic hardware at the moment, you'd be better off sticking to LE8 'which just works' or waiting until the mainline kernel is ready.

• Here I have audio and video perfectly

Tvheadend DVB-S: Everything Perfect

KI Pro

I have my files set up

I could not put the control to work I used the method

Go to the (root) directory / etc / rc_keymaps

Put the rc_maps.cfg and mecool files in this directory (both in rc_keymap)

Login with Putty

LibreelEC: ~ # systemctl stop kodi

LibreELEC: ~ # systemctl stop eventlircd

LibreELEC: ~ # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

Old keytable cleared

Wrote 27 keycode (s) to driver

LibreELEC: ~ # systemctl start eventlircd

LibreELEC: ~ # systemctl start kodi

Remote does not work

Edited once, last by erbas (January 8, 2019 at 3:38 AM).

• Is installtomedia expected to work in this semi official build?

yes it works (besides the known problems)

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv/libreelec-8.2/projects/S905/filesystem/usr/sbin/installtointernal

chmod +x installtointernal

./installtointernal

^^^^^ untested but worked in the past

I would like to know if it has support for Driver Avalink 6862 mecool KI Pro (S905D)

likely not as it requires the DVB drivers we don't have at our kernel, sry

New Kernel 4.x.x?

not at LE9.0, see Development Update – LibreELEC (spoiler LE9.2/LE10)

The main issue with this though is that it borks the digital passthrough if it's set to the 'analog' output.

its a known problem, it requires heavily patched kodi - we won't do it for LE9.0

Remote does not work

sry not much I can help as my remote knowledge is around zero

Overall, if you came from kszaq, CE or wrxtasy builds you are getting less at these builds, we don't include the huge amount of kernel and kodi patches that "fix/hack" stuff - this increases the stability or not depending at your setup/needs.

• I would like to know what to expect from the official image! CvH

HDMI Audio: OK

Image: OK

DVBS: OK using gxl_p230_k1_pro.dtb- found in the device_trees folder- renaming to dtb.img- replacing the main.

Remote control: OK

Copy mecool to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

Copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config

First, we need to stop Kodi and Lirc SSH for your device and enter the following commands:

LibreELEC: ~ # systemctl stop kodi

LibreELEC: ~ # systemctl stop eventlircd

LibreELEC: ~ # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

Old keyboard off

He wrote 35 keycode (s) for the driver

LibreELEC: ~ # systemctl start eventlircd

LibreELEC: ~ # systemctl start kodi

mecool k1 pro.zip

1- (Problem);(

Sometimes I see the message

quite often happens

"Tvheadend HTSP Client - No free adapter available"

I need to reboot to see if I can get on the TV!

Everything perfect for me mero motal that has box as a main function to watch tv

Waiting for the official version.

KI Pro (S905D):P

Edited 3 times, last by erbas: ORTOGRAFIA (January 8, 2019 at 4:20 AM).

• we (LE) don't official support these builds at our site due the nature of the rather wacky 3.14 codebase, these builds have their flaws but works in general okay

LOL, I guess that explains your rather wacky decision to provide (semi) official builds that you won't support ? :/ ^^

• Does anybody know how to disable Tvheadend notifications? In my case, tvheadend is configured via vpn, vpn connection takes a while, so after each reboot I am getting "Htsp - server unavailable" message, then "connection established".

In Kodi 17 there was possible to disable notifications in tv settings, now it seems these options are removed?

• that explains your rather wacky decision to provide (semi) official builds that you won't support ?

They work okay and are rather "stable" in terms of AML 3.14 (ofc missing some advanced features).

The builds require advanced knowledge of your HW and require manual interactions at install that is far away from a good solution.

But the real scary thing is that we have no real way to check if the images work correctly due the huge amount of supported boxes, so every update is russian roulett and might kill boxes. So shipping them official with autoupdates etc might kill at every update boxes or functions for some type of boxes (like you can see at other images). This isn't the experience we are aiming for so this won't happen.

Btw not to mentioned that really nobody is working at the old codebase (3.14) anymore so whatever is broken stays broken - that alone is a no-go for an "official" release.

now it seems these options are removed?

can't find it either so likely removed at K18

• Dude, this is not related to Kodi or Libreelec. Check your Tvheadend configuration.

I did't understand what you want to say!

Your answer is very empty.

Coreelec there are two previous versions had the same problem, the same has already been solved!

• I did't understand what you want to say!

Your answer is very empty.

Coreelec there are two previous versions had the same problem, the same has already been solved!

I mean your Tvheadend configuration is wrong. This is not related to Libre/Coreelec. You should check your Tvheadend to solve that