No longer runs in Windows 10?

• It does not appear that any of my Windows 10 machines can run this utility anymore. I think the last time I ran it was around 3 months ago. Now it brings up the main screen for a couple of seconds then closes.

This is in the event log:

Faulting application name: LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x7a246174

Faulting module name: LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x7a246174

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00acd110

Faulting process ID: 0x1e00

Faulting application start time: 0x01d49b2de5d8453b

Faulting application path: xxxxxx\Downloads\LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe

Faulting module path: xxxxxx\Downloads\LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32.exe

Report ID: b95ea4aa-d7a3-4109-bb6a-e2c767d2ff7a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Version of Windows 10 on the machine I am currently running on is 1809. I will need to check the other machines (5 in total) but I think they are the same version.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks

• My first post...

I can't get it to run on anything that I have (Win7 or Win10). I have been running OpenElec for years and was eager to give this a try. Not a very good first impression, but eager to move forward...

• Since nothing has changed on our part, it must be Windows that has changed something. Hopefully we can find what's going wrong.

But since it is only a tool to write a disk image to a drive, you can also use similar tools like Win32imager. In Linux for example you can use the 'dd' command.

• Since nothing has changed on our part, it must be Windows that has changed something. Hopefully we can find what's going wrong.

But since it is only a tool to write a disk image to a drive, you can also use similar tools like Win32imager. In Linux for example you can use the 'dd' command.

Where are the disk images available for download (outside of your "all-in-one" Windows executable)??? Specifically, the RPi 2/3 image...

• The problem is/was caused by the presence of Rockchip files in the JSON data that the USB/SD Creator (and settings add-on) client read to populate the list of available files. The Rockchip files are using a slightly different file naming convention and this upsets the client. The temporary workaround is to rebuild the JSON file without the Rockchip files - which has been done, and a quick test with the Win/macOS/Linux versions shows the app(s) are working okay again.

• The problem is/was caused by the presence of Rockchip files in the JSON data that the USB/SD Creator (and settings add-on) client read to populate the list of available files. The Rockchip files are using a slightly different file naming convention and this upsets the client. The temporary workaround is to rebuild the JSON file without the Rockchip files - which has been done, and a quick test with the Win/macOS/Linux versions shows the app(s) are working okay again.

Confirmed on Win7. I just re-downloaded the EXE and it appears fine now. Thanks for your help!!!

• I tried burning the SD card from Win 10, latest release, and failed with an error message in Chinese. Formatted the SD card and tried again. This time the burner just hung with no message. I gave up on it and use belenaEtcher to flash the image to the SD card. Worked perfectly and works perfectly in the Raspberry Pi B 3+.

• Besides moving the program and the gz file to the root directory before execution you can forget the program totally, extract the image file and use Balena etcher. Both approaches worked for me under Windows 10.