[Solved] PVR noob...

• I have been using my LibreElec Kodi for many months but not yet attempted to set it up as a PVR.

I have a USB DVB tuner, an HD Star, which is about 5 years old. I understand that new ones have a different chipset which is unsupported at present.

I have no idea how to begin to set this up, and can't find any useful guides anywhere. Can someone please get me started?

Thanks.

• You didn't tell us what platform you are using - I'm guessing S905X from previous posts. It would have been *nice* to inform us of that,

Probably the easiest way is to first find out if your DVB Tuner is supported. I'm pretty sure it should be

Access LE via ssh Here

Post the output of "dmesg | paste" and "lsmod | paste" without the quotes

• Thanks for the info. I managed to get it working, sort of...

I am getting all the channels but none are watchable. The lower bitrate channels are ok-ish with just minor corruption, but the higher bitrate channels are very poor, lots of break-up, as for HD it's just constant buffering.

It's not the signal from the dish or the tuner, the results are rock-solid when the tuner is used on windows. I wonder if it is slow USB speed on the 905x.

Any thoughts most welcome.