Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• Would it make sense to provide you with some of these files for you to test?

No need, because I have some too. Until these are fixed, there is no point.

I have OPi plus 2e and some problems with network connections. Sometimes it takes more than minute to connect by wire :/ Sometimes it also drop connection at random moments and i must wait for next connection. I'm trying to compile your code on ubuntu bash on windows, but without success yet.

I'm using OPi plus 2e during testing and I have never had any wired network issues. Did you check settings? sorry, I can't be more helpful here. Regarding image building - you should try to build it in virtual machine. Bash on windows is not supported method.

• jernej

And me again :)

I am started wifi on OrangePi Plus

Download from here. Probably in your repository for the same driver. Correcting only get_monotonic_boottime to getboottime on line 352.

Sometimes hdmi-cec also works. sometimes in 5 minutes sometimes in an hour .. but not stable.

The interface is also very slow, but if you take your clean assembly without my interference. 8.0 version is very fast compared to this.

top -H

581 root 20 0 406668 84700 36300 R 35.9 8.5 2:44.00 kodi.bin

604 root 21 1 406668 84700 36300 S 25.7 8.5 1:13.56 PeripBusCEC

644 root 21 1 406668 84700 36300 D 1.3 8.5 0:01.92 JobWorker

In idle 35.9 of them 25.7 thread PeripBusCEC and while the remote at this point did not work. even if you turn it off in the menu, it still loaded the CPU.

+ logs from kodi http://ix.io/1zda

It also turned out to get a nec-6 remote through ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/rc6_mce

continue experiments ...

p.s. make libreelec from here and install from update.sh loaded somewhere here in the subject

Edited once, last by Vovanys: https://github.com/rdm-dev/rtl8189ES_linux/blob/master/os_dep/linux/ioctl_cfg80211.c (January 25, 2019 at 7:01 PM).

• I managed to find time to watch some stuff using this release, and I noticed that the contrast is wrong. Blacks and whites are clipped, with dark scenes in particular being almost unwatchable. I figured it has something to do with output range (limited vs. full 0-255), but changing this option in the settings doesn't fix the issue, it just makes everything look dull, with grayish blacks and whites, but still clipped. Also, only video streams seem to be affected, the UI looks fine (even though posters and thumbnails did look over-contrast as well, so I will do further testing on this).

I tried also changing video settings (brightness and contrast), but these don't work at all when HW scaling is enabled (both EGL mode or Direct To Surface), and with HW scaling disabled I can get decent looking pictures with brightness at 58% and contrast at 42% more or less, but cpu usage is at 100% and I get 10fps maybe, so it's not a feasible solution.

I checked all TV settings which are fine, and tested with another monitor, the problem still remains.

From these attempts I feel like it's some wrong output range conversion within OpenGL/GPU stage or something similar.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I tried looking for answers on kodi's and libreelec forums but all the solutions I found were either not working or not applicable to the hardware.

I'm using the latest image version and updates on an OrangePI Plus 2E. Latest old OpenELEC images from jernej did not appear to have this issue.

• Report new bugs:

When LibreELEC trun on before tv load, display config not loaded. Display resolution not showing such as display without driver when using windows.

Old bugs:

1. Manual display calibration every change display resolution

2. Some videos decoded

3. Onboard wifi

• Have you any idea how resolve this?

Make sure that HDMI audio output is selected (name of your TV or audio device should be mentioned in the name). If you did this already, please provide following info:

1. Kodi debug log

2. Output of command "edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid"

Some devices doesn't support multichannel audio for linear output, only for passthrough.

• OK I test it again and the sound sometimes working sometime not.
    One movie works fine but only if it play after reboot. Other not working. If I try play one of there not working and then play this one what song was ok it not working. After restart this one work again.

edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid:

Serwer:~/.kodi/temp # edid-decode /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid Extracted - Pastebin.com

Kodi:
    12:50:02.513 T:3011570688 NOTICE: --------------------------------------------- - Pastebin.com
    12:51:47.773 T:3012086784 NOTICE: --------------------------------------------- - Pastebin.com

My Settings:
    https://ibb.co/wkcfkj5
    https://ibb.co/jbdhg2s

Video:
    YouTube
    YouTube

YouTube

• marcins check your edid decode output. It has following data:

Code
    Audio data block
        Linear PCM, max channels 2

Which means only 2 channels are supported for linear PCM on your device. Do you use AVR? If yes, how it is connected? board <-> AVR <-> TV ? Using HDMI ARC may not work correctly.

Yes, I have board conected trough HDMI to Yamaha RX-V363 and now though HDMI to Philips TV (ARC). Yamaha does not support the transfer of sound to speakers from HDMI so I must connect TV optical out to Yamaha. TV optical out support multi channel - I test it play movie directly on tv.
    Maybe this is problem with transer trough Yamaha... I must check this.

I connect HDMI from device directly to TV and from TV optical to Yamaha.

Settings:

number of channels :5.1

Output configuration: fixed

Limit sampling rate: 384kHz

Result: Sound work on every movies but only as 2.0

Settings:

number of channels :5.1

Output configuration: optimized

Allow Passtrough: Yes

AC3: Yes

Result: Sound not work. Hear crackling

As Above But AC3: No

Movie is frozen after a few seconds.

As Aove but Allow Passtrough: No and AC3 disable

Movie is frozen after a few seconds.

Settings:

number of channels :2.0

Allow Passtrough: disable

AC3: disable

Result: Sound work as 2.0

Settings:

Allow Passtrough: disable

Settings:

Allow Passtrough: enabed

Settings:

Allow Passtrough: enabed

AC3: enabled

Result: Sound not work. Hear crackling

Edited 3 times, last by marcins (January 26, 2019 at 2:48 PM).

• Currently, you have to edit DT yourself, either by decompiling, editing and compiling existing DTB

Someone has already modified the dtb / dts file for the i2s sound on gpio? ;)

I've already decompiled the file ... but this is a new file for me ... so I'm looking for an example ...

• Yesterday I cloned jernej s repo and set up the build system to again play with the dts.

So far my success story is all is still working, except my modifications are not doing anything at all :P so might have a look again another time, when I'm feeling like again.

Maybe will decompile the dtb and see if it contains my mods, or if I worked against the build system and my mods got overwritten...

Also I realised the MMC1 seems inactive, despite the original dts doing all as other SBCs do it... Should the dmesg show anything regarding the wifi on mmc1 or not? Interestingly the brcmfmac module can be loaded without a card without any complaints.

• From the x2 fex:

wl_reg_on = port:PL07<1><default><default><0>

And the dts:

reset-gpios = <&r_pio 0 7 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>; /* PL7 */

Is active low here ok?

I know I'm just digging in darkness, as clueless as it could be

• I have tested it on an Orange Pi One with 512mb and it seems ok. I installed the BBC Iplayer add on (for UK catch up TV from the BBC) and it worked ok with no graphics glitches that I was experiencing with the version of Kodi included on Retrorangepi.

Unfortunately i did have some freezes which I initially thought were crashes but when I left the it running for a while it would eventually start working again, so I think it could have been running low on RAM. I am not sure if this build uses a swap file for virtual memory as it could have been reading/writing to the swap file and this caused it to freeze up.

I want to try to see if it will work with some other add-ons now such as Amazon Prime video. But I have actually ordered a Orange Pi with 1GB RAM so I will wait for that to arrive before doing any more experimenting.

Thanks to jernej and any others that have contributed to getting this working

Edited 2 times, last by mod81 (January 27, 2019 at 10:40 PM).

• I verified the issue is just with video playback layer. GUI output range is correct, images are correct. In video playback anything below 32 is clipped to pure black, anything above 235 is clipped to pure white.

Any suggestions?

• I verified the issue is just with video playback layer. GUI output range is correct, images are correct. In video playback anything below 32 is clipped to pure black, anything above 235 is clipped to pure white.

Any suggestions?

I guess your box outputs full range, but your tv expect limited range, that's why clipping occurs. Set full hdmi range on your tv, this setting may be called different depends on tv manufacturer, for example samsung called it Hdmi black level > normal / low

• I guess your box outputs full range, but your tv expect limited range, that's why clipping occurs. Set full hdmi range on your tv, this setting may be called different depends on tv manufacturer, for example samsung called it Hdmi black level > normal / low

As mentioned in my previous post, this doesn't seem to be the issue. TV settings are correct, and I've tested with a PC monitor as well, setting hdmi input range to limited mode exaggerates contrast even more. Setting 16-235 output mode in kodi settings just makes everything look dull, but blacks and whites are still clipped (now to 16 instead to 0 black level). The GUI is unaffected, as are pictures and thumbnails that display with the correct black/white range. Only video playback has this issue.

Latest old OpenELEC release from jernej tested with same TV and PC monitor does not have this issue.

• marcins

Passthrough doesn't work yet, currently only linear PCM (LPCM) works. So if you can't get EDID to show more than 2 channels for LPCM, it won't work (EDID is source of information for driver to know what audio capabilities TV/AVR has).

andreabak

BT601/BT709 to full/limited range conversion is not implemented in display driver yet. I'm not sure which conversion is currently used. I took a look what needs to be done and it doesn't seem too complicated. Wait for it a bit.