Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• Again back to my dtb ventures...

I guess I managed to get my new dts doctored together, at least it compiles without complaints, which makes me happy and a little bit proud. ;)

Now the most simple part I failed with miserably: how do I exchange the currently in use dtb on the LE image? I found a dtb, but not sure this is the one in use...

Ok I guess I gave up a bit too early, seems to be located in /flash

• whenever I replace the stock dtb with a self compiled I'm loosing ethernet.

Weird thing, as it even happens with the unmodified from linux...

Now its time to sleep, next step might be chasing the stock dtb through dtc and comparing the results.

• hello

thanks very much jernej much appreciated your work on this. For your old openelec version you made a wiringpi addon. Im unsure if it still works because its impossible to register over at the opi forum and i forgot the email to my old account.

Would it be possible to explain how to get wiringpi gpio access using this image?

Cheers

• Are DTBs depending on the kernel version? I just grabbed the latest and greatest from linux git. Maybe a stupid move?

I realised some hex handles differ between both decompiled versions.

• Thanks jernej for all the hard work.

I've looked for a way to easily keep up with the updates, but not having found anything, I made a simple bash script to check, download, and install the latest KERNEL and SYSTEM images.

I post it here as an attachment (LibreELEC-H3-update.zip) for anyone interested. USE AND MODIFY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Also, if there are better solutions already please let me know.

• jernej

Hello

Here is my feedback on working at OrangePi PC Plus.

hdmi cec notification appears that the remote is found, but it does not work. TV LG.

The keyboard and mouse connected from USB to it does not work. Therefore, I could not check anything further.

Please update here (Index of /images/) a new version on 9.1 may earn something. Because I can not update my hands, without a keyboard...

On which kernel this build is built? Can pull out some kind of drivers from armbian?

In Libreelec 8 (Libreelec 8 image for orange-pi - Openelec - OrangePi - Powered by Discuz!) Wifi and Temp worked. Can try to get the driver out of here? If the core is similar...

The old OpenELEC 7 version works very well, thanks for what you do!

Edited once, last by Vovanys (January 23, 2019 at 10:10 AM).

• Vovanys

Excuse me...I found this img,

- OrangePi 2

- OrangePi Lite

- OrangePi One

- OrangePi PC

- OrangePi PC Plus

- OrangePi Plus/Plus 2 (same image for both boards)

- OrangePi Plus 2E

but i read you have a Orange Pi PC 2 whith Libreelec...What's the right img?

Thanks

• Great work on these images. Is there a way to disable hdmi display? I use a monitor instead of tv and would like to create an event (this i know how to do) so that when screensaver kicks in display is disabled and monitor shutdown and the turn back on when screensaver is deactivated. what i'm missing is command to turn display off.

• hostkit Current method for IR configuration is described here: Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki] lircd is still supported but not recommended. I haven't found time to check your config though.

lumpi Please note that LE build system has multiple patches for kernel. Some of them touch DT too. For example, HDMI audio is not mainlined yet (but we are working on that). There is Beelink X2 DT specific patch too (to avoid random MAC address). You have two options:

- Decompile DT, patch it, compile it again.

- Create a kernel patch and build your own image/update file

H34TW Sorry, but you'll have to fix and build WiringPi yourself for LE if you want to use it. It's too board specific (or at least manufacturer specific) and such things are extremely low on priority list.

andreabak Currently there are no automatic updates. This will change when allwinner project becomes part of master branch. But it's still some work to do until then (mainly to fix H264 and HEVC bugs).

Vovanys I'm pretty sure USB keyboard should work out of the box. But since I didn't test images on PC Plus specifically, it may be that there is some issue with DT. I doubt switching to newer image will change anything. I'll test in hopefully near future.

BTW, LibreELEC 8 images are not from me, so I really don't know what is contained there. Current images are based on 4.20 kernel.

H6 support is worked on. Just two days ago I managed to fix HDMI audio support. HW video decoding is next - it is very similar to older variants, just updated with new features, so I don't expect much work, but you never know.

Gendo check files under /sys/class/drm/ I'm pretty sure you'll find correct file to trigger enable/disable there.

• lumpi Please note that LE build system has multiple patches for kernel. Some of them touch DT too. For example, HDMI audio is not mainlined yet (but we are working on that). There is Beelink X2 DT specific patch too (to avoid random MAC address). You have two options:

- Decompile DT, patch it, compile it again.

- Create a kernel patch and build your own image/update file

Hmmm decompiling seems the easier way, but no chance to get it upstreamed.

I might try getting a vanilla kernel/userland running, testing my patched dts and then try to submit it and hope for it to trickle down to le again. But with my current speed i will be ready for kernel 6.0 ;)

Quote from jernej

H6 support is worked on. Just two days ago I managed to fix HDMI audio support. HW video decoding is next - it is very similar to older variants, just updated with new features, so I don't expect much work, but you newer know.

Cool, I should never underestimate you devs again. :) really great progress! Thanks

• I just updated first post with new information and also uploaded brand new images.

New image has plenty of improvements, which might not be noticeable at first. However, there are few important ones:

1. H264 decoding should work very well [...]

4. improved H265 decoding

Thanks again for your work! I finally had the time to try -- actually the build of 2019-01-10. But I could see no impromevements with the H264 files that were problematic before and the H265 files, which are recordings from German DVB-T2. Would it make sense to provide you with some of these files for you to test?

• Hello @jermej

Thanks for your hard work :)
    I have OPi plus 2e and some problems with network connections. Sometimes it takes more than minute to connect by wire :/ Sometimes it also drop connection at random moments and i must wait for next connection. I'm trying to compile your code on ubuntu bash on windows, but without success yet. I compiled pvr add-on from 18.01 sources and it works. If someone need it, download :)