Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• OPiPC there are many bugs

I have tried a lot of work but I have problems

very fractures of the software

1. CEC Turns off my TV then goes

2. pvr enigma2 restarts permanently and constantly restarts

3. I have a chinese little keyboard 2,4 the most popular model when it is plugged into the port it can not boot Linux

4. sometimes breaks green screen on h265. h265 10bit film not work

5. sounds AC-3 keep it awful popping

6. very good job only h264

7. most probably other mistakes I did not find

the above problems are not present libre elec 7 everything is working there

if there was support on libre elec 7 h265 10 bit I would never replace it, just everything else works

I apologize for the bad news, but I guess this is the idea to fix the mistakes

• dan1234

I don't know if wake-on-lan is actually supported in the driver or not. Anyway, once OrangePi PC or any other supported board for that matter is turned off, there is no way to turn it on except to do a power cycle. Power button is connected to ordinary GPIO pin on SoC, which just give a signal that it was pressed. If CPU is powered down, nobody will process this signal.

This could be solved only with monitor firmware on auxiliary AR100 core, which is exactly what is done by Allwinner provided solution. However, that firmware is unusable with mainline kernel. There is an effort to create suitable replacement which works with mainline (crust-firmware), but it's not ready yet and currently supports only 64-bit SoCs.

There might be a way to have similar capability with current software. If power button is defined as a wake up source in DT, suspend could be used instead of shutdown. But this needs some work.

• jack82

1. CEC is supposed to turn off TV when Kodi is turned off

2. Addons are not my responsibility. There is newer version of Enigma2 (pvr.vuplus) addon in source form. You can compile it yourself if you think it will help.

3. I'll disable USB in U-Boot. That should also speed up boot.

4. H265 decoding is not perfect, that's known. 10 bit is NOT supported at all by hardware. Nothing I can't do about it.

5. Is this passthrough by any chance? It's not currently supported.

It's not meant to be everyday driver. Old OpenELEC is currently better, but hopefully not for long. As I said 1000 times before, 10 bit can't be supported except by software decoding.

• Sure. DTS is filled by enthusiasts when they miss some functionality otherwise supported by board. In this case, nobody missed power button.

provided I would manage to fix the DTS, as a pretty much noob in this respect, how hard would it be getting it mainlined?

• sun8i-h3-nanopi.dtsiwow, DTSs are a topic of their own, seems more like black magic to me than a scienc*...

So far I found out the following:

Definitely the button is missing - linux/sun8i-h3-beelink-x2.dts at master · torvalds/linux · GitHub

While looking for hints I found a DT overlay I hoped I could steal from - sunxi-DT-overlays/gpio-button.dts at master · armbian/sunxi-DT-overlays · GitHub it even maps the button to KEY_POWER, but not sure how to bend it to fit (PL3) and if overlays work in LE.

Then I hoped to find more hints in this nanopi DTS - linux/sun8i-h3-nanopi.dtsi at 6f0d349d922ba44e4348a17a78ea51b7135965b1 · torvalds/linux · GitHub

Now I had two examples, which looked very dissimilar to me :-S

And

Now confused...

• IR should work well with very latest update. I'm not sure when I created tritium image, before or after update. Just make sure that you follow LibreELEC Infrared Remote tutorial.

Seems it was a typo in my remote.conf. It's a very good libreelec you build for us, it's the most responsive libreelec I have (I have also AML S905x en S812). Especially the network is fast, seems a mainlined kernel really pays off! Thanks a lot for this, it was worth the wait.

• Hello, I am currently testing the New Devel 9.1 on my Orange Pi PC, calling a live channel, SD and HD, in the TV Headend Plugin crashes Kodi completely. I have tested the 3 last versions of the plugin, always the same result. Recorded movies work in SD and HD. I hang up the log files. I hope it helps in some form.

i have same problem. it will crash and keep crashing on other things aswell because of tvh addon. reason why this is happening, there was a auto-update from repository the versions there is bugged.

Only way to fix this is disable the addon (kodi will crash when you do that) but it will disable. then remove, and keep settings.

install my version of addon what i compiled link to POST DOWNLOAD . and disable right away the auto-update. there is a temporary way out until is more know what is wrong on those repository addons they does the crash.

• Opi plus 2e last build (271218)

Known bug:

1. Wifi onboard not working

2. Playing video pink colour when after change resolution not reboot

3. Same video h264 especially mkv file (720p) block block visual

4. Portrait video not showing correctly. Video still portrait but the video playing landscape and zooming

Thanks

• Hello

I have OrangePi PC with the image LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.0-devel-20181220211033-147ea78-orangepi_pc

I noticed two errors (or these are situations resulting from my poor knowledge of LibreELEC)

1. The LibreELEC Add-ons repository does not work "Could not connect to repository"

2. After switching on the power, Kodi does not start automatically

It comes to a certain moment and I have to enter "boot" - it moves on.

If the USB port is connected, the pendrive will then start automatically.

What can I do (especially with point 1)