Early community images for H3, H6 and A64

• Use my github repo mentioned in first post.

Okey, now i understand why not addon included, it took ages on xenon to compile :D

It works fine every channel works well, HD 1080p channel one core goes 100% but that is ok, picture is smooth. both codecs are hardware decoded, hd and sd ones from dvb-s and dvb-t

If you ask me, this is very close to release! i dont see any big problems. i will test hdmi on other tv aswell see if that edid probelm goes away, as it work on older kodi16 release on same board without problems.

EDIT:

EDID problems was also on 4k tv, needed reboot until right resolution. however at boot text that was 4k every time, only when libreelec logo came it went low resolution, so there is something about auto recognize upon kernel load.
    but when it worked it was fine. except playing 4k content done green stripes and crashed kodi.

to ppl who have problem with HDMI CEC you need have it turned on your tv. and TV NEEDS TO BE ON SOURCE ON before turning the device on, otherwise it will not detect the cec.

again very good work! happy xmas :) looking forward next release.

attached the pvr.hts tvheadend if someone wants it

pvr.hts-4.4.4.2.zip

Edited 2 times, last by riku (December 23, 2018 at 2:26 PM).

• Update was done successfully, one thing I realized is that when I turn off the system gets stuck a screen. Then I'll post a picture of how it looks. The system for Orange Pi Pc Plus works very well. One thing I had on the Openelec was the temperature display on the processor which in Librelec is not active. Can this be activated? I will also test Orange Pi Plus 2e and post the result as well.

• Opi plus2e i dont know why, On my sharp tv must mannual calibration display for fix display. Before update this version auto calibration work every change resolution. Wifi still not working

Can jernej building image support rw system so maybe we can help without rebuild image

Temperature not available. Lircd not working because unable access terminal

Edited 4 times, last by hostkit: Add bug (December 24, 2018 at 1:45 AM).

• Update was done successfully, one thing I realized is that when I turn off the system gets stuck a screen. Then I'll post a picture of how it looks. The system for Orange Pi Pc Plus works very well.

I can confirm this same. going to power and switch power off option will stuck on screen.
    Also turning off tv with hdmi cec enabled it try go suspend and that will fail, pressing button on orangepi manually it will power off :DD even it should wake up from suspend.
    Only way around this is never turn tv off, always power off from SCB first. if not doing so it will go suspend and hangs there.

jernej

After testimg other tv:s it still does the edid thing, i think it migh be board releated now.
    Other thing, after plugin in to bigger tv i started notice horizontal tearing on picture. i will take picture later to show what i mean, it happens only on fast moving video.

• I can confirm this same. going to power and switch power off option will stuck on screen.

This is more cosmetic issue and low priority.

Other thing, after plugin in to bigger tv i started notice horizontal tearing on picture.

What is the resolution of that TV? 4K TVs and monitors currently won't work.

Lircd not working because unable access terminal

Lircd should work, just enable SSH and use that to configure...

• This is more cosmetic issue and low priority.

What is the resolution of that TV? 4K TVs and monitors currently won't work.

Yeah its not big deal, but reboot 5-10 times device before get 1080p resolution after turning off tv :DD

The tv was 58" Philips 4k, tried 1080p 1080i 720p 4k all done same tearing. CEC Worked also, edid not work

lg 42" 1080p, CEC worked and also done tearing, edid not work

jvc 40" 1080p No tearing, CEC not work, also the issue EDID was working (logo came 720p then switched 1080p) <- best compatibility with edid(every reboot work right resolution) Only tv what worked with edid, but cec not working even tv is supported cec :(..

samsung 50" cec not worked, also edid not worked. not checked tearing

samsung 27" cec worked, edid not worked, was tearing at 1080p not tried other resolution

philips 46" cec not worked, edid not worked. no tearing

philips 47" cec not worked(it detected however as kodi), edid not worked. tearing happening. THIS TV is on use on older version libreelec with kodi16 where was latest patch hw decode. there is no issues with tearing or cec, they work well. so definitely issue is on kodi 18

here is pic what i men tearing https://imgur.com/a/zbvyqmo

tried 2 different hdmi cables, just to be sure not the issue.. resetted some tv:s factory defaults also, dident help

• Hi all! First of all kudos to jernej for returning to oranges. Have been waiting for a long time for this. The latest version runs, but no wifi on OPI_PLUS2. To me it is unusable without wifi. Is there ever going to be that option ? Much thanks

• here is pic what i men tearing

I think you mean combing which is issue when interlaced videos are not deinterlaced before displaying. Do you mind uploading video sample somewhere and post a link here? If issue is only with interlaced videos, then this is expected. Currently Kodi DRMPRIME renderer doesn't support deinterlacing and there is no driver written for that yet. First we have to stabilize system before diving into that.

However, if it is really tearing, then there is one kernel patch available which might help. I'll include it in next update.

I really don't have any display with consistent EDID readout issue. I'll prepare one test image later with possible fix but don't hold breath...

• I dont know by what is caused (maybe bad microSD card?), but 4 tries and 4 fails.

Very buggy.

I can not even finish setup of instalation, because earlier is coming a crashing or a total freezing (mainly during the add-ons instalation)...

After any error restart is Orange Pi One often booting into 1024x768/60Hz with no chance for changing it back to 1920x1080... :(

• Hello Jernej

Im really satisfied with the video quality on my beelink x2. And so far most things are working.

There are only three things that are annoying a bit (besides things like missing dvb/wlan drivers and repos, but that's known). In my setup neither the remote nor CEC is working, plus the mac keeps on changing...

CEC seems to be a bit fragile if I'm correctly interpreting riku's posts, is there anything I could try with my old samsung smart tv, other than cables and ports? Interestingly a raspi at the same tv/cable works and during start kodi says that CEC is starting.

The remote I couldn't get to work with lirc, but i guess thats due to me being on hostile grounds with lirc since about end of the 90ies :P I tried this without luck: OpenElec 7.0 for Beelink X2 H3 - FreakTab

Then I tried some more lirc stuff but couldn't seem to get the right event plumbed into lirc (in my case must be event0?!)

Let me know if some tests on a beelink are of some help!

• riku can you test this image: libreelec-h3.arm-9.1-devel-20181225182605-cdd7be0.tar ?

It has potential fixes for tearing (if it really is) and EDID. Other than that, I don't really know what could it fix it. If tearing persists, please upload sample video which demonstrates the problem.

Oh yes after some testing it seems "tearing" is way better, i could not find any channel doing it atm. i need more time to test, but i can tell its alot better on initial tests.
    About EDID, it dident worked, still need reboot many times before get right resolution. not even work on 720p/1080i tv, only on 1080p tv.

i think if there is possible to give a force to certain resolutions would fix this? but CEC might not work properly after..

still only one tv, the JVC only works with EDID and comes with right resolution, all other 10+ tv:s no way, need reboot many times.

tried few more TV:s with cec, alot samsungs, none of them worked not even with old kodi 16, so support is very narrow what models it will work. i might just go with opipc internal ir, i think it can put on work, but it involves getting whole distribution recompiled to get proper libs installed..

it is getting better and i appreciate jernej hard work on this!

• besides things like missing dvb/wlan drivers and repos, but that's known

I didn't dive into kernel config yet. If there is some USB driver which you would like to be enabled, just say so (but it must be included in kernel already).

plus the mac keeps on changing...

That is easy, one line fix which will be included in next update, but since I don't have that board, you'll have to confirm if it works.

CEC seems to be a bit fragile

That's true. Be aware that Allwinner never officially supported HDMI CEC on H3. I noticed that CEC on same kernel worked with one board but not another during tests. Possible explanation could be that because there was no official support for it, HW designers couldn't test it and it may not work. Even worse, CEC pin could be unconnected or connected to GPIO for software simulation of CEC protocol.

Looking at build/beelinkx2.fex at master · armbian/build · GitHub I would say that board has CEC pin connected to GPIO port. Bad news is that CEC won't work for you for now. Good news is that kernel contains code for simulating CEC over GPIO, but I have no idea how to use that in universal way (not to break other images).

The remote I couldn't get to work with lirc

Take a look at this tutorial: Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]