Constant IPTV buffering

• Hello,

I have recently replaced my RPI2, which used to run OpenElec (Isengard) with RPI3 with LibreElec (Jarvis). I am using Simple IPTV addon with a set of IPTV channels from my provider.

The problem is that the same exact channels work perfectly on my my OpenElec installation, while on my new setup it is constantly buffering, making the watching almost impossible.

Neither of the RPIs have any advancedsettings configured. I have also tried swapping SD cards between RPIs, to rule out it being a hardware/network issues. Anyhow, my old OpenElec installation works fine on RPI3, while my LibreElec installation keeps buffering despite it being RPI2 or RPI3.

Any ideas? I am pretty desperate, as none of the solutions I found so far helped me.

• Hello,

I have recently replaced my RPI2, which used to run OpenElec (Isengard) with RPI3 with LibreElec (Jarvis). I am using Simple IPTV addon with a set of IPTV channels from my provider.

The problem is that the same exact channels work perfectly on my my OpenElec installation, while on my new setup it is constantly buffering, making the watching almost impossible.

Neither of the RPIs have any advancedsettings configured. I have also tried swapping SD cards between RPIs, to rule out it being a hardware/network issues. Anyhow, my old OpenElec installation works fine on RPI3, while my LibreElec installation keeps buffering despite it being RPI2 or RPI3.

Any ideas? I am pretty desperate, as none of the solutions I found so far helped me.

I solved by this:<advancedsettings><pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>80</minvideocachelevel>
    <cacheindvdplayer>false</cacheindvdplayer>
    </pvr>
    </advancedsettings>

Put advancedsettings.xml file to userdata folder.

• I solved by this:<advancedsettings><pvr>
    <minvideocachelevel>80</minvideocachelevel>
    <cacheindvdplayer>false</cacheindvdplayer>
    </pvr>
    </advancedsettings>

Put advancedsettings.xml file to userdata folder.

Hello! coming back to this, as I'm a newbie experiencing the same issue (a lot of buffering with LibreElec on PI3 / using Zem TV)

-> Did you just edited the advancedsetting.xml file directly on the noobs?

Thanks !!

Edited once, last by kineas (August 20, 2016 at 6:01 PM).

• Hello! coming back to this, as I'm a newbie experiencing the same issue (a lot of buffering with LibreElec on PI3 / using Zem TV)

-> Did you just edited the advancedsetting.xml file directly on the noobs?

Thanks !!

I edited on Libreelec (out of the box was android+kodi, my device is Xtreamer mxV)

• I edited on Libreelec (out of the box was android+kodi, my device is Xtreamer mxV)

I'm sorry but I actually don't even know how to edit/create the advancedsetting file. I see on the doc that "it has to be put in the userdata folder"...
    I'm super-newb here -> when I open my pi3, it opens directly Kodi. No "LibreElec interface" whatsoever... I'm not familiar to anything :/ would be happy if you can pin point me to some direction..

• I'm sorry but I actually don't even know how to edit/create the advancedsetting file. I see on the doc that "it has to be put in the userdata folder"...
    I'm super-newb here -> when I open my pi3, it opens directly Kodi. No "LibreElec interface" whatsoever... I'm not familiar to anything :/ would be happy if you can pin point me to some direction..

Thanks

I'm newbie too:) There must be "userdata" folder in Kodi. You must look in your computer/network/rpi/kodi/userdata or something like this.