LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Beta 03 is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream git 1725942
    • enabled dvb driver addons for generic systems (crazycat digital_devices dvb-latest)
    • updated generic kernel to 4.18.5 / RPi kernel to 4.14.67
    • updated to Kodi 18 beta 1v2
    • updated mesa to 18.2.0-rc5
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • updated retroarch to v1.7.4
    • enabled retroarch WIMP gui for generic builds -> works only in "nokms" mode! Press F5 to start it.
    • added retroarch overlays
    • added retroarch audio dsp filters

Edited 4 times, last by 5schatten (August 31, 2018 at 4:16 PM).

• I have a Shuttle DS67U and after trying the LibreELEC 9.0 Remix i have the following questions:

1) For HDMI-CEC do i have to use this adapter? With this will i be able to power up the HTPC from sleep and control menus/volume from TV remote control? Will this be done automatically or I have to insert manual code to LibreELEC?

2) For Retrogaming... How do i install BT controllers? The DS67U has BT onboard, i also have a Nvidia Shield controller around so whats the process?

3) I have an external HDD with MAME roms...however i cannot make the retroarch to see the external HDD and scan for the content? Is there any work around? Or i have to manually copy the roms to the SDXC card (which won't hold all content of course)...

Lastly i will try the latest beta03 because with beta 02 i had wifi issues (sometimes it managed to work, but most times didnt) and report back to you.

Edited once, last by emperorgr: The Beta03 shows the same behaviour like Beta02...At first boot, wifi works just fine...After the first reboot, the wifi doens't seem to list the available wifi. after start/close the wifi, it displays them, however doesn't connect, it says failure to connect...any work around? (August 31, 2018 at 9:17 PM).

• 1. I don't use a p8 cec adapter but normally it should work since LE contains libcec & p8-platform tools.

2. Connect them like any other BT device after activating BT in the LibreELEC settings menu.

3. Create symlinks from your external hard drive to /storage/roms/mame and you're fine.

About your wifi problems... the specs ds67u_d.pdf show 2 RP-SMA antenna headers. So you have installed the antennas to your DS67U? If your wifi is detected and the device is connecting it's probably related to poor reception.

Anyway as always. Page 1. Post your logs.

• Beta 03a is online:

• added PCSX2 PlayStation 2 emulator to generic builds -> install Docker addon first! | delete your es_systems.cfg before updating so PS2 games are listed in Emulationstation systems.

Edited 4 times, last by 5schatten (September 1, 2018 at 7:03 PM).

• i'm not at home (staying at a friends house while waiting out dangerous heat as i have no AC, ) but i updated to beta 3b lastnight and something's wrong with Retroarch launched within Kodi, i'm not getting sound on any Core, i tested w/ a RetroPlayer addon to make sure its not an overall Issue and i got sound just fine.

since its in a small "Retro Cave" of sorts , its connected to a crt-tv over analog out. if that makes a lick o difference (i wont be home till Wednesday night.)

• Well I always test my builds before I upload them and I have no sound issues on my RPi 3 which is connected through HDMI to my TV.

So double check your wiring, try to turn it off and on again or check if you have changed the audio driver in Retroarch. RA is configured to use alsathread and should output sound out of the box. Beside the update to v1.7.4 and adding some overlay & dsp plugins there were no audio specific changes.

And as always no log file no problem.

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (September 3, 2018 at 6:49 PM).

• I've just done a new installation of this and excellent work. I can't get sound to work in retroarch either :/

EDIT: changed this in retroarch.cfg and got it working on rpi3:

Code
    audio_device = "sysdefault:CARD=ALSA"
    audio_driver = "ALSA"

Edited once, last by Morphy (September 3, 2018 at 11:27 PM).

• Morphy

Can you try audio_driver = "alsathread" too? It's the default setting.

Cael

Can you add this line to your retroarch.cfg audio_device = "sysdefault:CARD=ALSA"

Morphy  Cael

Can you post the terminal output of aplay -L? It looks like this on my RPi:

Code
    null
        Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    default:CARD=ALSA
        bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA
        Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
        bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA
        Default Audio Device

Do you use external USB sound devices?

Edited once, last by 5schatten (September 4, 2018 at 9:35 AM).

• 5schatten great release! trying it on my Intel NUC now, but it doesn't seem to find any .rar archives (video), any ideas?

edit:
    also, entering "emulationstation" from the main menu seems to make ES freeze and a hard reset is necessary. Retroarch from the main menu seems to work fine tho.

Edited once, last by slacker666 (September 4, 2018 at 11:40 AM).

• slacker666

Thx but well what exactly are you talking about? You can't find compressed rar video files in your video directory?! If you're talking about roms then you have to place these files in the roms directory. If you talk about videos you have to uncompress these rar files first.

L

o

g

f

i

l

e

s

?

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (September 4, 2018 at 11:57 AM).

• Sorry yes, I'm talking about compressed video files in my video directory. Why on earth have you removed the unrar part from Libreelec? It's a must for Kodi.