LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Would it be possible to add some missing libretro cores to your build?

nec pcengine

GitHub - libretro/beetle-pce-fast-libretro: Standalone port of Mednafen PCE Fast to libretro.

atari 2600

GitHub - libretro/stella-libretro: Port of Stella to libretro.

atari 800

GitHub - libretro/libretro-atari800: atari800 3.1.0 for libretro/libco WIP

msx (some cool games like the first two Metal Gear)

GitHub - libretro/blueMSX-libretro: Port of blueMSX to the libretro API.

All of them works fine on rpi, they are mature cores, they are not updated often so it would not be much work to maintain.

• I'll check them out but shouldn't be a problem. Most console emulators work fine, needs more effort are the home computer emus like Atari Amiga emulators. Can you name some games I should test?

• pcengine:

---------

Alien Crush (USA)

Atomic Robo-Kid Special (Japan)

Bomberman '93 (USA)

Bonk III - Bonk's Big Adventure (USA)

Bonk's Adventure (USA)

Bonk's Revenge (USA)

Cadash (USA)

Devil's Crush (USA)

Dragon's Curse (USA)

Dungeon Explorer (USA)

F1 Circus (Japan)

Final Lap Twin (USA)

Legendary Axe II, The (USA)

Legendary Axe, The (USA)

Metal Stoker (Japan)

Military Madness (USA)

Neutopia (USA)

Neutopia II (USA)

Ninja Spirit (USA)

Parasol Stars - The Story of Bubble Bobble III (USA)

Soldier Blade (USA)

Super Star Soldier (USA)

Time Cruise (USA)

pc engine CD (supports both .cue and .chd):

-------------------------------------------

Akumajō Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Castlevania - Rondo of Bl00d)

Beyond Shadowgate

Dungeon Explorer II

Gate of Thunder

Vasteel

Ys Book I & II

Ys III - Wanderers from Ys

Ys IV - The Dawn of Ys

atari2600:

----------

Activision Decathlon, The (USA)

Adventure (USA)

Atlantis (USA)

Beamrider (USA)

BMX Air Master (USA)

Combat ~ Tank-Plus (USA)

H.E.R.O. (USA)

Kaboom! (USA)

Keystone Kapers (USA)

Pitfall II - Lost Caverns (USA)

Pitfall! - Pitfall Harry's Jungle Adventure (USA)

River Raid (USA)

Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back (USA)

Warlords (USA)

Yars' Revenge (USA)

atari800:

---------

Boulder Dash

Boulder Dash II

Bruce Lee

Montezuma's Revenge

Mr. Robot and His Robot Factory

Raid over Moscow

Star Raiders II

for msx the trick is to set default machine to msx2 in core option by default in retroarch, because all msx1 games works fine on msx2 bios/hardware

msx:

----

King's Valley

Knightmare

Konami's Soccer

Parodius

Yie Ar Kung-Fu II - The Emperor Yie-Gah

msx2 (supports both cardriges and disks .dsk)

-----

Aleste

Aleste 2

Aleste Gaiden

Metal Gear

Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake

Treasure of Usas, The

Vampire Killer

• And for genesis plus gx I think you should separate the different systems supported using different folders for roms for gg sms and segacd, like this:

• The problem is not the RSP but the RDP plugin.

m64p uses GLideN64, the best HLE plugin now.

The libretro core can't use that, it's based on old sources because it's author, loganmc10, stopped core development to create m64p (classic retroarch/TA drama).

It seems compatibility is much better with this standalone emu.

EDIT: Update M64p + GlideN64 and/or ParaLLEl +GlideN64 to Latest Build · Issue #57 · libretro/mupen64plus-libretro · GitHub

Well doesn't the lr core use GLideN64?! IMHO ParaLLEl uses some diffrent plugins :/

Bountysource

someone already startet to push some updates:

Mupen updates by m4xw · Pull Request #69 · libretro/mupen64plus-libretro · GitHub

Is there anyway a chart that shows mupen64 standalone has a better compatibility? AFAIK some games are broken for basically all N64 emus.

I prefer to use lr cores because it's easier to set them up. Dolphin or Citra lr-cores have inferior config options or performance so I use the standalone versions.

• Well doesn't the lr core use GLideN64?! IMHO ParaLLEl uses some diffrent plugins :/

It does but a very old version from two years ago, that's the problem.

see here:

https://github.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/tree/master/gliden64

so all of this is fixed since then:

Releases · gonetz/GLideN64 · GitHub

It would need a complete rewrite of the core, it's difficult, hence the big bounty. So I would not hold my breath for that.

I understand that you prefer to use libretro core for easier setup but I think for now libretro is not the best for most 3d era systems (except saturn and psx)

• bigboo

Well looks like the GUI is based on QT 5.4 so I probably could build mupen64plus-GLideN64 for Generic systems but not for RPi and for generic systems there is already parallel-n64/mupen64plus-libretro.

I honestly have no clue why they don't pull the recent Glide64 code since the core pretends to be compatible with upstream /shrug

• That's the whole point of the loganmc10 vs TA drama two years ago, no more mainteiner, no more updates :/

Have you tried the "recent" lr-Mupen64plus IMHO it runs better than the old one. I've added parallel-n64 because before they pulled some upstream code it even run like crap on my generic system. Now it's quite playable on my RPi & VIM.

Of course it's not really on par with the upstream code but hopefully someone want's to grab the bounty. I've checked out how Lakka or Retropie handle it but they either use the lr-core or mupen64plus · GitHub so basically pest or cholera.

I guess the drama starts here?

• I've not tested n64 cores because I'm always disappointed.

About the drama it reminds me of the libretro/redream drama, so much hate :(

Well then just give it a try.

The thing is the attitude of some people and some probably crave for admiration. So if you work on a libretro core you don't get as much attention as you might get if someone uses a standalone version. Maybe it's also just for the money? For example some great emus just added some libretro stuff and you can chose what you want to build so either standalone or a lr-core. Others maintain some lr compat forkes for RA but to be honest they are inferior for no reasons so you could use them but the standalone will be the better choice. But all-in-all if they work for free as a hobby... well they should not expect too much or push them to the limit.

Anyway if it comes to N64 emulation it's mostly a mess... many emulators build on pretty old code and several plugins with various performance or compatibility issues... personally I don't get why they won't work together to create one working emulator.

Let's hope the bounty will rise & draw some devs attention to have some mercy and push some updates.

• Loving the build! I have it running in an unraid VM with a GPU pass-through. But I have 2 quick questions:

1 - How do I add plex to the Main Menu of Kodi? I got it installed as a plugin.. but can't seem to find a way to add it to the main menu.

2 - I can login to spotify, but i'm unable to play any tracks. When i go into a playlist and click play, it just keeps skipping to the next track.

Thanks!

• Loving the build! I have it running in an unraid VM with a GPU pass-through. But I have 2 quick questions:

1 - How do I add plex to the Main Menu of Kodi? I got it installed as a plugin.. but can't seem to find a way to add it to the main menu.

2 - I can login to spotify, but i'm unable to play any tracks. When i go into a playlist and click play, it just keeps skipping to the next track.

Thanks!

I guess Estuary has no option to add menu entries -> I patch the skin while it is build & add some logos to achieve my custom menu buttons. Try this one Estuary MOD V2 - KODI 18 (UPDATED 26/10/18) instead and read the FAQ about the python scripts I use to start the apps & frontends.

IMHO the Spotify client is a $%&§"! /shrug if it keeps skipping songs it's probably related to some adblock stuff? I use Pi-hole to block ads but once Spotify can't reach every single adserver or play every single ad it just stops or skips songs. So basically if you use it with a free account make sure you don't block any ads for this client. I achieved this by disabling dhcp for my htpc & manually set the router as dns server, after this Spotify works for me.

Also you could delete the file /storage/.config/spotify/stable then the start script should try to install the Spotify dev branch which maybe works better.