LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• Well I didn't remove any "unrar" support from LE nor doesn't really make it any sense for me to compress a video file with rar. Maybe it's not obvious but this build is based on LE9.0 upstream code so if vanilla LE would support "rared video" files my fork would also support it.

Okay I compressed a h265 video file and saved about 4,5% space. So 2.55GB before and compressed 2.44GB IMHO not worth the hassle.

Again if ES freezes then provide a logfile.

Edited 2 times, last by 5schatten (September 4, 2018 at 12:30 PM).

• Well I didn't remove any "unrar" support from LE nor doesn't really make it any sense for me to compress a video file with rar. Maybe it's not obvious but this build is based on LE9.0 upstream code so if vanilla LE would support "rared video" files my fork would also support it.

Okay I compressed a h265 video file and saved about 4,5% space. So 2.55GB before and compressed 2.44GB IMHO not worth the hassle.

Again if ES freezes then provide a logfile.

It's just how some content is provided. No compression used tho.

ES is a minor issue until I have ironed out the "broken"/missing unrar function.

edit: seems Kodi Leia is not using RAR support by default but is now part of an addon. So thanks for pointing me in that direction.

edit 2: well this is embarrasing, forgot that emulationstation doesnt recognize the gamepad and needs to be configured by using a keyboard to point it to that config part of ES. All well and everyhing works now, thanks for your help.

Edited once, last by slacker666: problem solved. (September 4, 2018 at 1:24 PM).

• vfs.rar & vfs.libarchive is needed but I've found an error -> because I build libarchive as shared lib I have to provide it too. LE9.0 just removes the whole "install_dir" because as long as you build static linked binaries you won't need these libs. So I need to fix this first and upload a new build because right libarchive.so.16 is probably missing.

I updated the libarchive package & the shared lib is installed now. So it should be fixed in my next build.

escalade

Well I guess he's talking about some "special" content providers that deliver videos as splited rar files...

Edited once, last by 5schatten (September 4, 2018 at 1:50 PM).

• Can you try audio_driver = "alsathread" too? It's the default setting.

Yep works too. I think audio_driver = was blank as default, but I may be mistaken

Can you post the terminal output of aplay -L? It looks like this on my RPi:

Code
    null
        Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
    default:CARD=ALSA
        bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA
        Default Audio Device
    sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
        bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA
        Default Audio Device

Looks identical to that

Do you use external USB sound devices?

Nope HDMI out to Onkyo AV AMP

• The setting audio_device = should be blank but audio_driver = "alsathread" should be the default. ALSA should pick a suitable device itself. Strange well guess I have to make a clean install and test it too.

• Beta 04 is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • updated generic & RPi kernel to 4.18.6
    • updated mesa to 18.2.0-rc6
    • updated several libretro-cores
    • added gambatte as Game Boy (Color) emulator -> delete your es_systems.cfg before you update
    • updated retroarch files
    • added default RPi audio device to retroarch config
    • fixed default retroarch.cfg setup -> RA v1.7.4 created incorrect retroarch.cfg files so delete your retroarch.cfg before you update
    • updated LibreELEC version schemes -> now listed as RR-YYYYWW-git
    • fixed vfs.libarchive / vfs.rar -> added missing lib
    • fixed splash screen -> added missing lib & added a small mark to the LE logo

Edited 9 times, last by 5schatten (September 6, 2018 at 7:57 PM).

• Beta 04a for RPi is online:

• updated to latest LE9.0 upstream
    • added PPSSPP as PSP emulator to RPi builds -> delete your es_systems.cfg before you update! Beware this is mostly a proof of concept since it runs quite slow on RPi hardware.
    • updated inputstream.adaptive to handle Widevine API v10 -> VOD should work with latest libwidevine.so

Fastrap87

Not really beside this for generic Linux distributions. But it looks like recalbox is able to play music Home · recalbox/recalbox-os Wiki · GitHub) maybe it's possible to add this function into the RetroPie fork of ES. At least I created a new feature request for it [Feature Request] Add background music to ES · Issue #481 · RetroPie/EmulationStation · GitHub

Edited 4 times, last by 5schatten (September 8, 2018 at 2:48 PM).

• 5schatten sorry for not getting back sooner i just got home yesterday (i stayed longer at a friends place than expectedas i wanted to monitor his well-being as he had a few ER Visits while i was there, ) given i just woke up, i'd try what you suggested a page back but i see theres a new update, was the issue fixed or you want me to test before updating?

• 5schatten sorry for not getting back sooner i just got home yesterday (i stayed longer at a friends place than expectedas i wanted to monitor his well-being as he had a few ER Visits while i was there, ) given i just woke up, i'd try what you suggested a page back but i see theres a new update, was the issue fixed or you want me to test before updating?

Just delete your retroarch.cfg & apply the update. Sound should work then or at least the config file isn't corrupted anymore.

• having an issue with audio on HDMI on my ASUS Z270i motherboard (onboard HDMI / Intel) and your build. Works with my USB headset though. Usually no audio through HDMI (worked about 2 out of 10 times when using Netflix addon, for local content there was no audio at all using HDMI but worked every time for USB headset). Normal issue?

(No audio for Retroarch either if that helps, tried setting audio device to no avail).

• I guess so if someone gets me a S905/S912 device to test my builds ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vanilla LE9.0 should build fine for several Amlogic devices as listed here https://github.com/libreelec/libreelec.tv/tree/master/projects/amlogic/devices

but as I said I do not own S9xx devices so even if I could build it I couldn't test and debug it.

I decided to try to compile your project for S905. With a small bit of effort...most packages built. A few will need some changes but I suspect it will not be difficult, especially since I have done a lot of this work on my own build previously. If I get everything built, would you be interested in a PR? If so, I have some questions for you about how you would prefer to handle some things, would you like to handle via DM or via the forum?

Note: I did not try to burn the image to an sd card yet so I can not yet verify that it's working but I will test before submitting a PR if you are interested.