Test LibreELEC images with KODI-19 for S9xxx

• Version LE 20190916

I followed the steps cited by CvH  taki :thumbup::thumbup:

Of great help the present support.

Good friends now I have Kernel panic on the home screen, but the system works.

1- If TBS is connected PVR service and disabled.

2- If TBS is disconnected PVR service and activated.

I mean that with TBS connected I don't have access to Tvheadend.

I came back and tried with the version of the LE 20190911

Unsuccessful, same mistakes.

Thanks for your help so far, hope to be able to tell you soon that TBS5520SE is working with LibreELEC.

New dmesg.dmesg.txt

Thanks.

It is useless knowledge if not shared the world.

Edited 2 times, last by erbas ().

• Hi, I'm new here, just registered, I have the X96 Max 4GB RAM 64 GB storage version, is there a stable version of the LibreELEC Kodi for my "box" ?

btw.. i use a MacBook Pro (early2015 13" 8GB ram) for daily computing stuff, no PC "in tha house"

--

Thankyou, Bedankt,

Eric-Jan.

8)

• LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.80-devel-20190913121812-60568a1-odroid-n2.img on Odroid n2 has an green overlay, after reboot over splasscreen and the menu.

For the LE to work properly on the N2, I recommend using the SPI startup mode (in this case, all colors work correctly and you can use USB media to start the system quickly). I've put together a new version of SPIboot that properly supports starting from all media (SD USB eMMC PXE, the startup order can be easily changed to your liking or add new options like NFS). For quick tests, a USB drive is best (you can use any USB stick >=2 GB USB 2.0 or USB 3.0). For example, you can post in the eMMC system Armbian and quickly run the LE from the USB stick (or Vice versa , in LE eMMC, Armbian on USB 3.0). The speed of the system from a fast USB 3.0 medium is significantly higher than eMMC. Step updates on new SPIboot can be seen here.

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/9789-bring-up-for-odroid-n2-meson-g12b/?do=findcomment&comment=86377

• short answer, no :)

The driver crashes, we found a problem with the driver overlays that needs fixing for AML but have not a solution yet. Likely this is also due that.

For now no solution :(

Great CvH is what we like to hear a blunt, true answer with clarity.

I will keep trying once every month.

Thank you for your professional support, quickly and truthfully.

Good to see your support here.

:)

• CvH

I will always be testing when possible!

Thanks for the support with TBS.

Great help thus avoids unnecessary and critical questions.

Thanks.

It is useless knowledge if not shared the world.

• Thank you balbes, I took that spi and flashed it on sd card, but it doesn't happen

Without knowing anything about the N2, don't you have to flash uboot to the SPI flash instead of the SD? Like a BIOS on a PC?

• The problem is, I don't know how to flash it all. So far I have flashed the image per balea etcher on a sd or emmc, and set the switch on the odroid N2 4gb to emmc. Power on, installation and done! Unfortunately, I do not know what other possibilities are available. Would like to learn it. And once I've got it, I can better give German support 😉

• The problem is, I don't know how to flash it all. So far I have flashed the image per balea etcher on a sd or emmc, and set the switch on the odroid N2 4gb to emmc. Power on, installation and done! Unfortunately, I do not know what other possibilities are available. Would like to learn it. And once I've got it, I can better give German support

You can use steps . Download and burn the LE image as usual to the SD card. Download and copy the file (spiboot.img) on the same medium where the LE is recorded. Disconnect eMMC (if it is connected to N2). Switch the load source switch to SPI mode (left position). Connect the media to N2 and turn on the power. The system should automatically start the SPI update. After the SPI update and automatic reboot, the LE should automatically start. After updating the SPI, you can use USB media to run the LE. I pay attention, for work of the new mode of start-up of all carriers (USB SD eMMC PXE), the switch has to remain in the SPI mode. Additional details how to update SPIboot and official versions of the firmware for it, see here.

odroid-n2:os_images:petitboot [ODROID Wiki]

• so many thanks the spi would be updated. and your image is up and running.
    if I want to use sd and emmc at the same time now, there is then a selection menu which os or whether sd, emmc or usb can be booted?

can you add the waipu pvr addon from orig kodi19?

Edited once, last by Pampat2014 ().

• balbes150

I have tried alpha with kodi 19 in a sd. I start perfectly. It is still unstable. The problem I have now is that I can't start the tvbox from the remote. Maybe he has modified the uboot. Is there any solution or do I have to put the android stock again to recover the boot with the remote?

Say that when testing the connections, disable the ethernet to test the Wi-Fi, and then no longer enable the ethernet.

I have a x96 max 64.

Thanks in advance and great work what you do.