@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Gooday.

I have tried to get this build working on my H96 Max s905x2 but with no luck.

I do have an CE nightly working so I also tried the dtb from that but with no success.

Has anyone had any luck with this model?

I can add link for my CE working one if its helpful?

Baz

• I've tried with X96 Max S905x2, with meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb and I am in Safe Mode lopp all the time. When I reboot, box get stuck on LibreElec Logo, then it reboots and boot to Safe Mode... In Safe Mode, LAN not working just Wifi...

Which CE works for you?

• For all.

1. Everyone chooses for himself what systems to use it. No one is forcing you to use LE.

2. The launch system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE and Armbian. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, which is used in all new systems.

• Quote from balbes150

The new version of the LE images 20190820.

Hi,

just wanted to test new Image on nanopi-k2. As for older Images (since June) Nanopi won't boot. Unfortunately my Computer crashed, so I am not able to do an update from May Image (not longer on my Computer or yandex). Is it possible to upload an May Image (before 16.05) on yandex, so that I can make further Tests with update Images? Thanks for your kindness.

• For all.

1. Everyone chooses for himself what systems to use it. No one is forcing you to use LE.

2. The launch system in Coreelec is not compatible with LibreELECE and Armbian. If you run coreelec on your TV box, you will no longer be able to run LE and Armbian normally until the full recovery of the standard firmware via the USB Burn Tool and the new activation of the universal multi-boot, which is used in all new systems.

Hi

Can you elaborate more on this? Some times ago it was just enough to restart in Android and do again the "reboot update" (or other methods)

• The new version 20190821

just wanted to test new Image on nanopi-k2. As for older Images (since June) Nanopi won't boot. Unfortunately my Computer crashed, so I am not able to do an update from May Image (not longer on my Computer or yandex). Is it possible to upload an May Image (before 16.05) on yandex, so that I can make further Tests with update Images? Thanks for your kindness.

Try the new version, there should be a fixed startup

If we will have a version with DTV, when will it be available?

I have no equipment with DTV, I am not engaged in development of this direction. As far as I know afl1 has sent a patch to the main kernel, I don't know when its patch will be in the main kernel.

Can you elaborate more on this? Some times ago it was just enough to restart in Android and do again the "reboot update" (or other methods)

I don't understand your question. Write in detail what you want to know.

For those who want to run a regular Android without disabling external media with LE. I put together a test script to run s905_autoscript, which , if there is an empty boot_android file on the external media in the FAT section , will run both systems (LE and Android) in turn on reboot. Please note that this version of the launch is only the primary layout and may not work correctly. For use. Download the script and replace it with the existing file in the image. To create to patition FAT (/boot) the empty file boot_android. The first time you run the new script, Android will be launched. When rebooting, one of the systems will be started in turn.

https://github.com/150balbes/amlogic_s905/tree/master/script/s9xxx_mainline/le_v01

• balbes150

Hi. You have said

I normally run CE but while ago I made some tests regarding the ethernet support in mainline LE release and I am planning to continue on this as soon as I have some spare time. At that time if coming from CE on SD, it was enough to reboot in android and redo one of the "boot from SD" methods (Reboot update, toothpick or whatever) to boot LE from the SD card (and again the same to eventually reboot in CE).

Now you write that it is required to restore the standard firmware. Are you talking about CE installed to internal, or it really affect any device that are currently booting CE from SD (and or USB)?

• I normally run CE but while ago I made some tests regarding the ethernet support in mainline LE release and I am planning to continue on this as soon as I have some spare time. At that time if coming from CE on SD, it was enough to reboot in android and redo one of the "boot from SD" methods (Reboot update, toothpick or whatever) to boot LE from the SD card (and again the same to eventually reboot in CE).

Now you write that it is required to restore the standard firmware. Are you talking about CE installed to internal, or it really affect any device that are currently booting CE from SD (and or USB)?

Coreelec are using an outdated and not compatible with other new systems technology run from external media. No matter what you have in eMMC. If you are running coreelec from external media, then your eMMC has an old version of multi-boot that is not compatible with the new systems. No new system can run properly on your device anymore.