@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Official Post

^ bad translation - I've no idea what point you're trying to make

• is there a developer here to help and answer questions?

If someone knows an answer, they reply. I guess you are referring to DVB-related questions and I'm afraid there are no many people here who can answer them.

• Can you try in portuguese? Você pode tentar em português? Maybe we can translate properly?

If someone knows an answer, they reply. I guess you are referring to DVB-related questions and I'm afraid there are no many people here who can answer them.

If DVB is important and your particular card has a driver developed by afl1 then you have no choice but to use CE. It seems unlikely that his driver, developed for the AMLogic 3.14 kernel, will get ported to mainline any time soon and no one else is actively developing a driver for mainline kernel. The driver itself was offered for someone else to do the necessary porting work - but no one took it up.

Shoog

• Hi,

I have an A95X MAX with the following specs.

SoC: Amlogic S905X2 Quad Core Cortex A-53 (64bit) / GPU Mali-G31 MP2 / 4x ARM-A53 @ 1.8GHz

System: Android 8.1 Oreo (32bit)

RAM and Storage: 4 GB DDR4 – 64 GB eMMC

Network: Wifi ac 2×2 (AP6356S) – Bluetooth 4.1 – Ethernet Gigabit

Ports: HDMI 2.1 4K@75fps / AV Jack (reset) / SPDIF / 1x USB 2.0 / 3x USB 3.0 / MicroSD / SPDIF / SATA

I have tried to boot into various versions of the builds from here, without luck. It is close to the X96 MAX TV box, so am guessing maybe that build will work if I could get the correct DTB file.

I have extracted it from the firmware ( http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file/04ji1y5c4596bmk/a95x_max_20190109.rar/file ) using CustomizationTool.exe . However it's alot larger than the dtb files with the current builds and I read somewhere that it has 2 copies of the DTB in it.

The is the DTB that was extracted: file.html

If anyone can help to get the current builds to work on the A95X MAX, give advice, or help to build/extract the DTB that would be great.

thanks

Dave

• balbes150 or someone who can explain.

I'm very confused by these test versions.

1- Vim 3 has not been lashed yet.

2- Users of Odroid N2 are using CoreELEC.

3- Here among the testers no one owns a Ugoos. Besides you

I really do not understand what the focus is.

For Khadas Vim, Vim 2, Wetek Play 2, KI Pro.

They are the users of this box who are helping reporting problems and improvements.

And the trial versions are for models that have not been released yet,

As khadas I came 3, because in the forum of the same you said that you do not own the model and have version tests.

As a user said above with no answers for DTV.

• I think overall at this point in time that CE is basically trying to maintain and add new projects based on the Current Level of core software, meaning they are concentrating on making the best of the situation by using the working kernel versions where LE is basically taking the time to work towards seeing things like the Kernel and U-boot migrated into the mainline's of both those projects, As well there is work being done on the Graphics stacks that hinges on the kernel migration to mainline as well going on. As well those graphic stack changes will impact any of the SoC's using the Mali cores as the changes effectively are attempts at seeing Hardware Acceleration enabled as well as a few other various things.

CE for Amlogic based boxes probably is the best solution for the time being and even with CE when it comes to the Newest Amlogic chips the N2 is probably the best running one right now. that can change at any point tho as CE will open up more boxes and choices in the future as they move fotward.

That would be my take overall at this point in time but do realize that things can change moving forward.

So if your actually looking to choose a device right now then i would stick to what you see others actually say are currently working otherwise you will have to pull up a chair and wait while things pan out as they move forward.

Hope that helps and if i am off base in my answer i am sure someone else will come along and correct me. :)

• buzzmarshall

kszaq It was pretty clear here that the mainline kernel upgrades.

Add Amlogic (mainline) project by kszaq · Pull Request #3536 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Devices

AMLGX for S905 (D / X / W) and S912 devices with Lima + Panfrost Table

AMLG12 for S905X2 and S922 with libMali blob

Regarding DVB afl1 already did its job!

Test LibreELEC images with KODI-18 for S9xxx

Well, what's the problem with including the builds.

We are waiting AMLGX for S905 (D / X / W) and S912

For to AMLG12 for S905X2 and S922 already available.

Edited once, last by Fran (June 12, 2019 at 8:23 PM).

• I already tried to upstream first patch to [email protected] on Feb 3, but no answer. It was pinctrl for tsin pins.

LibreELEC.tv/linux-99999-pinmux.patch at master · 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Yes, you got one:

Thanks for sharing part of your work on the DVB demux support,
    but could you follow the steps described in Submitting patches: the essential guide to getting your code into the kernel — The Linux Kernel documentation ?

The main point is to sign-off with your name and follow the standard changes format !

• X96 Max 2G/16G 100Mb/s NIC 20190611 aarch64 image.

Not much has changed for my use-case --> Live TV viewing from a tvheadend server.

The server manages the tuners etc.. I wish to use this device as a 'client'.

I cannot view most live TV streamed from the tvheadend TV server.

When I 'view' live Terrestrial TV I get audio only ...... no video at all.

Strangely I get both video and audio for some of the Satellite DVB-S channels but not for others.

• Official Post

I already tried to upstream first patch to [email protected] on Feb 3, but no answer. It was pinctrl for tsin pins.

LibreELEC.tv/linux-99999-pinmux.patch at master · 150balbes/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

The kernel maintainers provided feedback on the patch submission so you need to submit v2 with the requested changes. For that patch I can see the following issues:

a) Lines over 80-characters

b) Subject line should be something like "pinctl: meson: add tsin pins for meson gxbb/gxl/gxm"

c) No "Signed-of-by Jan Afl <[email protected]>" line

One of the lessons everyone learns the hard way is there is zero negotiation on kernel code style .. and typo's count :)

Run scripts/checkpatch.pl on patches to check for common style/format errors before resending. Run scripts/get_maintainer.pl on the the file being changed to get the list of email addresses to send the patch to.

I recommend you reach out to Neil Armstrong and Kevin HiIlman to discuss how to submit the driver. I know Neil has looked at the current changes in your repo and there are some structural issues to resolve. It will be easier to know what the main objections are (and address them) before you send the next set of changes.

p.s. If you need any assistance please just ask. We all want this code to go upstream and we greatly appreciate the effort it will take.