@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Thanks for the explanation. Passthrough is a must-have for me since I have an Atmos setup. Hope you guys are able to have all the features working soon.

Would be great if the updates are reflected in the first post so that its easy to track. And thanks for the great work that made CE possible in the first place!

• I wonder how temperatures are going to be on that thing with no heat-sink?

or are they not showing it yet? because it might be massive and cover the whole board?

• I wonder how temperatures are going to be on that thing with no heat-sink?

or are they not showing it yet? because it might be massive and cover the whole board?

Indeed another flawed implementation from Khadas. It will overheat without a heatsink/fan which you will have to bodge together yourself (at least initially). To answer your second question - thats what they did with the VIM2 and it most definitely needed a heatsink and fan.

The direct competition, the Odroid N2, has a heatsink, a cheap yet decent case and is undoubtedly cheaper to boot.

Shoog

• They have both for other model and maybe it can fit on this model too.

interesting, but you have to spend another $25 to get proper cooling? that seems expensive. But oh well, lets see how the thing works when people start testing it.

• Official Post

I wonder how temperatures are going to be on that thing with no heat-sink?

You will have a choice under any conditions. You can only use the radiator. You can use the full version, radiator + fan. Please note that this is not a "stupid" turn on the fan at a constant speed, and work on "demand" at the user's choice. The temperature, when the system determines that the conditions for its inclusion, or with one of the specified speed to choose from. At the same time you do not have to puzzle how to add a fan (if you need it under operating conditions) or how to use the radiator rationally, so that it does not heat the entire system. Do not have to suffer with the lack of power buttons and reboot. And you get a complete device with all possible elements for its full use. For example, you get the ability to use standard NVME modules of any size up to 4 Terabytes at a speed that the capacity of any EMMC or USB 3.0 media and you can freely buy them anywhere at the best price and replace them at any time. I can say from experience, after I tried M2 NVMe , I was not interested in other media (eMMC, USB 3.0). With nothing to compare the convenience (without any loose wires and additional external enclosures for carriers) and a wide range of standard modules, with excellent cost/result ratio. :)

p.s.

Often a trifle (for example, the absence of the power button, when to turn on, you have to constantly pull the power supply from the outlet) as a result, so annoying that i'm are ready to spend double the price of the entire device, that would fix it. :)

• You will have a choice under any conditions. You can only use the radiator. You can use the full version, radiator + fan. Please note that this is not a "stupid" turn on the fan at a constant speed, and work on "demand" at the user's choice. The temperature, when the system determines that the conditions for its inclusion, or with one of the specified speed to choose from. At the same time you do not have to puzzle how to add a fan (if you need it under operating conditions) or how to use the radiator rationally, so that it does not heat the entire system. Do not have to suffer with the lack of power buttons and reboot. And you get a complete device with all possible elements for its full use. For example, you get the ability to use standard NVME modules of any size up to 4 Terabytes at a speed that the capacity of any EMMC or USB 3.0 media and you can freely buy them anywhere at the best price and replace them at any time. I can say from experience, after I tried M2 NVMe , I was not interested in other media (eMMC, USB 3.0). With nothing to compare the convenience (without any loose wires and additional external enclosures for carriers) and a wide range of standard modules, with excellent cost/result ratio. :)

p.s.

Often a trifle (for example, the absence of the power button, when to turn on, you have to constantly pull the power supply from the outlet) as a result, so annoying that i'm are ready to spend double the price of the entire device, that would fix it. :)

That sounds good in general, but are you speaking out of experience with the device? or just things you hope work as you describe?
    I guess it depends on the price, if the thing is $60 with no heatsink and temperature is an issue and I need to spend another $25 on cooling + a NVME + anything else I need (AC adapter, case, etc) I see the thing costing more than $150 US + Shipping.

(I understand I don't NEED anything extra for it to work, but since you mentioned all of those things I am just replying in general to that)

The on/off switch is an easy fix if you know what you are doing, no need to connect and disconnect the N2.

But I am very interested in see how this thing handles temperature with the core board. Do you have such device? can you test temperatures?

• Often a trifle (for example, the absence of the power button, when to turn on, you have to constantly pull the power supply from the outlet) as a result, so annoying that i'm are ready to spend double the price of the entire device, that would fix it. :)

N2 has the powerkey feature, you only need any switch or button to connect to the J2 or the J7 header and voila! you have power button (cost about a dollar).

• balbes150 for Khadas Vim2 Pro and kernel_5.x I am little lost with latest individual download naming combinations for today 20190515 here

i.e. Is it correct to assume at time of my post that currently no common build for AMLGX_S905_S912 devices or perhaps you created filename for example LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190515095611-a41fdf1-box.tar to cover greater overall range of S905_S912 devices?

I have being perfoming in situ updates, so want to be sure I am selecting correct build for my update. Thanks for continuing to provide regular bleeding edge builds :)

• not to sound negative but as far as Khadas goes i think they need to worry more about actually producing the sbc's and a little less on all the extra add-ons that seem to be all thats actually available with the newest stuff.

I have long since gave up trying to source a edge from them as it seems to be one delay after another so i sourced a couple of different RK3399 based sbc's instead.

i did purchase a couple of vim2's tho to checkout the board to see if it would integrate into a project i am working on and to be honest must say i was not all that impressed with the actual board level quality for the price range of that board. Just to qualify i have a full rework lab here and work with Bga mounts and decap chips all the time and after lifting a 912 off one of the Vim 2 boards would say i have seen better mounting and solder profiles on some cheaper android boxes, maybe it was just this board but i am not sure i want to pull the soc on the other board just to look.

I will look at the N2 when and if i decide to look at another Amlogic SoC and HK;s been around building boards a lot longer and seems to produce quality boards at a reasonable price. Or i will wait and see what and if Pine decides to offer up in the future as i have already bought a couple Rockpro 64s and found the manufacturing level of those boards pretty pretty decent.

• MikeKL Due to recent changes in LE build system a "box" option was added for a universal build to use on non-SBC targets. balbes150 decided to remove KVIM/KVIM2 specific builds as these SBCs come with a built-in u-boot (on eMMC) and can use "box" images.

• 99% of my media is HEVC (x265) with 720p resolution. Audio formats used in the movies are HE-AAC, LC-AAC, opus and vorbis. Over 99% of media uses MKV container (the other few being MP4). All subtitles are external .srt, .ass or .idx/.sub.

Thanks very much for providing these early builds. I currently am using S905x (2g RAM/8g NAND) for testing.

Playback is very inconsistent. Some videos playback absolutely perfectly (HW decoding on), others just freeze at startup (gets to 100% buffering and locks up). I would say about 50% don't play so far. Also, I find that about 90% of the time, seek, ff, rw, skip etc just locks up playback and usually have to reboot.

The weird thing is I have a lot of files that are encoded with exactly the same settings, same version of encoder, same options etc, and yet some play but others don't.

If you would like, I could provide debug logs when this occurs, or is this too early a stage to be reporting these?? - I'm assuming that everybody else has these playback issues to a greater or lesser degree.

No wifi, I can get ethernet to work but it has to disconnected and re-connected after bootup.

Does anybody have a S905x2 box that has wifi working (even with usb wifi adapter) or is this not available at this time. If so, what is playback like??

I'm thinking of getting a S905x2 box, but would like to hear about others experiences with it.

Once again, many thanks for your efforts.

• LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190515175720-a41fdf1-box.img.gz .The WP2 tuner driver is running but Tvh and Pvr can't meet.

i tested this WP2 is work fine tvheadend and pvr and tuner and scan channel is all work

channel p1080 hd is work

4k not work

• ukmark62 as far as I know Maxime - who wrote the hardware decoder implementation for mainline Amlogic - is working on an update for the decoder code. When it arrives - unfortunately I don't know when! - we will focus on tweaking the code to work better with "problematic" videos.