@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Hello gentlemen, I see that you are doing a great job here!

I leave thanks to the team LibreELEC.

I have a KI Pro I would like to use LibreELEC in it, I made a complete reading of this topic and realized that it is not bootavel the image in the same with kernel 5.x.x

balbes150 has this problem been fixed yet?

If not what we can do to help with it!

I have used here an image of kszaq most would not want to leave LibreELEC!:)

It will be possible to use the latest kernel in it.

Thank you.

• The build of libreelec yesterday, does not work in emmc. The libreelec build that I use is the "LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.1-devel-20190414080425-68723cf.img". The previous one worked well.

• I have a KI Pro I would like to use LibreELEC in it, I made a complete reading of this topic and realized that it is not bootavel the image in the same with kernel 5.x.x

You can probably try using meson-gxl-s905d-p230.dtb device tree but you have to keep in mind that mainline Linux support for Amlogic is a work in progress and there are still some features that are missing: for example the built-in tuner of KI Pro will not work.

• Can someone tell me how to get the image on the box? The tool does not include 905x2. Do I have to create this with disk 32 as an image? Or how does that work with flashing? Sorry about this, I'm brand new

• Can someone tell me how to get the image on the box? The tool does not include 905x2. Do I have to create this with disk 32 as an image? Or how does that work with flashing? Sorry about this, I'm brand new

Take my advice and try it first on a speedy microsd card with this Burning tool, from Android try to reboot to Libreelec (search the forum for choices) and after that if you succeed to boot from sd card you can install on emmc.(you will lose android - beware of backups first).

• Some comments:

WiFi on S905X2: may not be supported for a while yet, or at all. S905X2 has a design flaw in how the SDIO module is internally connected and while an egregious hack/workaround exists in Amlogic's 4.9 kernel it's looking unlikely that a cleaner solution acceptable to upstream kernel maintainers can be found. We might attempt a mainline kernel version of the egregious hack through a local patch, or since the majority of users stream media over Ethernet anyway, we might just leave it unsupported and avoid the support/maintenance work. The issue is allegedly resolved with the S905X3 chip which is already being sampled to manufacturers.

Device trees: The mainline kernel avoids the silliness of 1G/2G/3G variants needed on the legacy kernel which makes life easier, but we will still need to figure out (and then upstream) the device trees for popular devices. I'm keen that device trees are sent upstream so that devices can be uniquely identified by "compatible" strings in the device-tree, as this allows simple things like the remote control keymap (also sent upstream) to be described in the device-tree for a better out of box user experience. Submitting changes to the kernel is not the most straightforward process but if non-coding folk like myself can figure it out (my personal collection of one-line kernel changes is slowly increasing) the bar is not set impossibly high.

arm vs. aarch64: performance is marginally higher on aarch64 but arm allows us to support widevine drm (which is not available in 64-bit format) so arm is our preferred option and official nightlies and the Kodi binary add-ons to match them, once they start, will be arm only. Maintaining a single image for all Amlogic hardware (two images until panfrost evolves bifrost support) is a bigger win than the minor performance gain. On G12 hardware the future gain from running the CPUs at full speed (at the moment they are under-clocked) will dwarf the architecture difference.

• Wifi, i dont need it. But i need audio.

I flashed it on bqeel y5 and x96max.

X96 max Remote is working.

Y5 remote not, but the x96 remote works on it 😂. Bluetooth works very fine, pair ps4 controller was not possible in Android, but now with your Image. Its fantastic. In next few days comes mine odroid N2.

I hope i can help with beta tests.