@balbes150 LE images with Kodi-19 for S9xxx

• Is there a solution for someone? What should I change to work?

• Update on the Nexbox A95x: I got it working with the latest version.

There was no reply to my earlier post, but someone must have listened :-), because the error message that I mentioned is now gone and /flash is showing the full file names. Also, the menu option "install to EMMC" now displays a message about the installation (it didn't do that before).

However, there's still a small problem with the install2emmc.sh script: it refers to /dev/mmcblk1. After changing that to /dev/mmcblk0 the nexbox was able to boot from EMMC.

Balbes: thanks for the update and, apparently, for listening :)

• Official Post

Update LE 20190304 images.

Fixed DTB for Tronsmart Vega S95 (s905), work LAN, HDMI sound, remote control. To use the remote control, you need to configure the file you are using (rename the existing file in the image), as described earlier in this topic.

Please note, for all those who have s905, if you have a very outdated u-boot, do not try to install in eMMC. This can lead to the destruction of the u-boot and the TV box will turn into a brick, which will need to be restored via USB Burn Tool.

• FYI, found some answers:

[Test] SSV6051 drivers

• Update LE 20190304 images.

Installed latest update then used LibreELEC backup option to re-install my user environment and addons from a recent Backup.

Don't know if its related (but message appear after first re-boot from installing and completing back-up intialisation) now upon full restarts of KVIM2, I get following Failed Message before LibreELEC appears to boot into OS and operate fine?

• Just installed Update LE 20190307 for S912 from Here and get same error as previous build 20190304 upon a 1st clean install of image onto an SD card. (So minor warning issue on boot appears to be occuring before I install my backup)

yJNPFdK.jpg

Edited once, last by MikeKL (March 7, 2019 at 8:19 PM).

• Official Post

MikeKL my branch currently has some experimental code for WireGuard support and I modified /usr/bin/usercache-setup to create the WireGuard keys, so my guess is /usr/bin/wg is missing due to WireGuard support not being included in balbes150 images, and thus usercache-setup.service fails. If that's the case it's nothing serious and I'll tweak the script so it avoids the failure.

• MikeKL my branch currently has some experimental code for WireGuard support and I modified /usr/bin/usercache-setup to create the WireGuard keys, so my guess is /usr/bin/wg is missing due to WireGuard support not being included in balbes150 images, and thus usercache-setup.service fails. If that's the case it's nothing serious and I'll tweak the script so it avoids the failure.

chewitt

Interesting....didn't realize you could get Wire Guard VPN in balbes150 builds too.

Is WG an add-on?

• Official Post

WireGuard is a kernel module (currently out-of-tree) and a userspace config tool (wg) that are used to configure a wg0 network interface that presents in the OS much like a normal Ethernet interface. I'm still actively working on the userspace packaging so balbes150 images are usable with some caveats but also subject to change. I've also identified an interesting connman bug with NTP (reported upstream last night) that needs fixing before it'll be possible to use automatic WireGuard connections on boot. It's also untested on Generic/RPi so I need to spend some time on that too. I'm hoping to get it merged as an LE9.2 feature. Compared to OpenVPN the initial config process has more confusing terms (lots of things that sound the same) but it's actually rather simple and connections take a second to create.

Have a look at /storage/.config/wireguard.conf.sample .. rename to wireguard.conf and it will start the connection on reboot, but this will cause NTP to fail and if the system clock is wrong most SSL certificates will fail validation causing other issues. You need to stop, pause, restart wireguard.service to workaround that until the connman fix comes in.

project: add wireguard package · chewitt/LibreELEC.tv@d82a723 · GitHub

balbes150 images do not have the latest changes I pushed last night so "wg-quick" does not exist until his next rebase/release.

• I have a Tronsmart s89 that I'm desperate to get Libreelec 9 running on. I can't boot your image for the s812 just get the corrupt filesystem. I have booted Demetris' LibreELEC-MXIII_Plus.arm-9.0-devel-20190207022938-5e27f15.img, however the ethernet doesn't work.

Any chance you might have some pointers?